PDA

View Full Version : Sean Casey BP cap

sox83cubs84
03-28-2012, 04:25 PM
I am offering for sale a 2006 Tigers home 39/30 BP cap worn by #21, Sean Casey. Light to moderate wear, sz. M-L (7 1/8 - 7 5/8). Asking $30 + $3 S&H. Paypal, check or MO all OK. No means of sending pics, so please do not ask.

Dave Miedema
sox83cubs84@hotmail.com (email only)

MarkakisMania
03-31-2012, 06:04 PM
Hey Dave can I get some photos of the cap

Jeb

MarkakisMania@yahoo.com

Thanks,

sox83cubs84
03-31-2012, 08:08 PM
As stated in my original post I have no means of sending pics.

Dave Miedema

MarkakisMania
03-31-2012, 08:22 PM
As stated in my original post I have no means of sending pics.

Dave Miedema

Dave, I would really appreciate if you could take some photos of this item. I am not sure if your aware but it is 2012, surely you can purchase a cheap digital camera at wal mart for $25.00 or perhaps use your camera on your cell phone?

For god sake who is going to buy something without seeing photos?

Jeb

frikativ54
04-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Dave, I would really appreciate if you could take some photos of this item. I am not sure if your aware but it is 2012, surely you can purchase a cheap digital camera at wal mart for $25.00 or perhaps use your camera on your cell phone?

For god sake who is going to buy something without seeing photos?

Jeb

Dave's computer is broken, so I don't think he can install the requisite software on a public machine.

MarkakisMania
04-01-2012, 10:49 AM
If that is the case, we should try as a forum to help Dave out. Maybe we can have a charity auction or some type of forum fund to get Dave a new computer?

Frik maybe you have an extra computer in the basement that you could ship to Dave?

This is a travesty and it would be helpful if we can get him back in business.

Without a computer how can Dave authenticate? Without him Grey Flannel has to rely soly on Nick Cappola to authenticate, surely Richie Russek is none to happy about this?

Everyone lets band together to get Dave a computer I will check if I have an old TI in the basement myself.

Jeb

sox83cubs84
04-01-2012, 05:37 PM
You can stifle the sarcasm, pal. I've sold dozens of items on GUU without sending photos so it obviously can be done. If seeing photos is a prerequisite to you, that is your option, but don't start making smart-ass comments towards those who don't agree with you. And don't worry about photos on this cap; after your derogatory dialogue, you won't be seeing it for $100 let alone $30.

Dave Miedema

MarkakisMania
04-01-2012, 08:35 PM
You can stifle the sarcasm, pal. I've sold dozens of items on GUU without sending photos so it obviously can be done. If seeing photos is a prerequisite to you, that is your option, but don't start making smart-ass comments towards those who don't agree with you. And don't worry about photos on this cap; after your derogatory dialogue, you won't be seeing it for $100 let alone $30.

Dave Miedema

Okay, first of all Dave you need to take a chill pill. I have been buying and selling game used/worn memorabilia for over 25 years and I can tell you that I have never ever purchased anything without first seeing photos either from an individual in a private transaction, ebay or a major auction house. I cannot remember ever selling anything to anyone without them seeing photos it is pretty much an expectation. If you have managed to pull that off, great for you. I will say that many of my transactions are well over $1000 so perhaps it is the dollar amount I am dealing with no idea.

Second, once the FrikMeister mentioned that you are broke or your computer is broke whichever combination is correct or both, I being the good natured guy that I am suggest that perhaps someone can assist with getting a used computer to you. Surely someone has one laying around that is an extra older model they can spare, as mentioned I may have one just need to find my old Texas Instrument. My wife was going to take it to the antique shop and try to sell it off about a year ago but I convinced her better of it. It has to be around here someplace.

I however, digress, Dave, I am trying to help you out. As mentioned, perhaps we can start a charity auction of some sort if you are in a bad way or something.

If my trying to help someone in need has caused a problem then I guess I am trying to assist the wrong person.

Dave, please don't bite those trying to lend a helping hand.

Sorry I tried to be a nice guy and offer some suggestions to get you back online.

Jeb

sox83cubs84
04-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Jeb:

If I seek financial or other personal help, I'll make the request myself. I don't need someone being snide by trying to make me look like a charity case making the call.

Dave Miedema

mlbforeverhomer
04-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Dave is one of the best guys in our hobby. Making low comments towards him, or to imply he should be a charity case is wrong. All of Daves items that have purchased, friends have purchased.... Are exactly as described.

frikativ54
04-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Dave is one of the best guys in our hobby.

+1. Dave has always been helpful to me and hasn't asked for anything in return. He's also a nice and genuine guy. :)

MarkakisMania
04-01-2012, 10:26 PM
This has nothing to do personally or otherwise with Dave. I am sure he is a great guy. As mentioned I simply will not buy anything without photos of it. I don't care it was being sold by the Vatican with a personal letter from the Pope himself. If you as a buyer choose to do business otherwise more power to you, I will not.

I don't personally collect Casey I have a friend who does so I was going to buy the hat for him.

I remember another thread on here sometime back that a forum member offered Dave a computer or monitor etc. If Dave is still down equipment for whatever reason then excuse me for trying to help him out.

Man, people cannot even try to do something good anymore.

I am done with this thread. If someone has something else beneficial to add please email me personally at MarkakisMania@yahoo.com

Thanks

Jeb

sox83cubs84
04-02-2012, 02:13 PM
MLBForeverHomer and Frik:

Thanks for the support.

Dave Miedema

emann
04-02-2012, 05:48 PM
I actually just bought another $30 cap from Dave via another thread, sight unseen... It was exactly as described and I was very pleased.

I do understand the phobia of buying something without seeing it in this hobby and I'd not venture to risk it with many people (or for really high dollar amounts), but in Dave's case, I wouldn't hesitate.

-J.

BostonSportsFan
04-02-2012, 09:32 PM
I have known Jeb Stuart for a number of years. I don't think he was trying to insult Dave at all. I am sure that Dave's reputation in this industry speaks for itself especially to those that have been around for years collecting. Many of us are very familiar with his history with Gray Flannel, SCD, MEARS etc.

I can vouch for Jeb, as I too would not in any way say this too insult or disparage Dave however as the previous poster noted perhaps it is the price of the item because I would not purchase any game used, game worn etc. sight unseen as Jeb mentioned if it came from the Vatican with a letter from the Pope. Again, perhaps that is based on price as I don't deal in $30 items.

Again, I understand those standing up for Dave, however would you possibly purchase anything from Ebay, a major auction house, most other forum sellers etc. item unseen? I absolutely would not in any of those cases. As Jeb mentioned each person has to determine their level of comfort for themselves.

For those getting on Jeb about trying to be helpful offering to locate computer equipment for Dave, that is just Jeb trying to help someone out.

Just my two cents.

Joe

schubert1970
04-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Great post Joe +1.6

flaco1801
04-02-2012, 10:29 PM
The hat was only 30 bucks...store bought is 20? or more? sheesh...you want a gold brim for that price....Thanks Dave for all u do...

frikativ54
04-02-2012, 11:07 PM
For those getting on Jeb about trying to be helpful offering to locate computer equipment for Dave, that is just Jeb trying to help someone out.

Glad to hear that Dave's computer is fixed...or he got a new one. I don't know which, but I'm happy that he's back to regular internet access. :)

Maybe I read it wrong, but it seemed sarcastic when Jeb said that he'd locate an old TI computer. Though I must admit that it's tough to discern tone over the internet.

frikativ54
04-02-2012, 11:13 PM
Again, I understand those standing up for Dave, however would you possibly purchase anything from Ebay, a major auction house, most other forum sellers etc. item unseen? I absolutely would not in any of those cases.

I don't typically buy stuff sight unseen, except if it's a small dollar transaction. However, I bought a Darwin Barney autographed card from Dave, and everything was as described. I even buy small dollar items on eBay with no pictures. It all depends upon one's comfort level.

emann
04-02-2012, 11:36 PM
I don't typically buy stuff sight unseen, except if it's a small dollar transaction. However, I bought a Darwin Barney autographed card from Dave, and everything was as described. I even buy small dollar items on eBay with no pictures. It all depends upon one's comfort level.

+1

I would not purchase sight unseen in the case of ebay/auction house/most forum sellers as I do not know the source, but I agree with Frik if it's a small dollar amount... I will however purchase things occasionally on a description from other collectors or dealers who I know can tell legit items or have a rock-solid source—that list is few and far between. In this weird hobby, sometimes a text message from friend of "I'm selling my Raines jersey, want first shot?" requires immediate action and if it's someone who has a legit collection, I won't hesitate. For me, that list is small, but it's there...

sox83cubs84
04-03-2012, 08:10 PM
emann and flaco:

Thanks for the support, amigos. I think I wouldn't have been so insulted by Jeb's offer if he hadn't introduced the idea of a "charity auction". That, to me, struck of sarcasm and class warfare. BTW...I don't own a cell phone either, and somehow I still find life worth living.

Anyway, price of cap is now reduced to $25 + $3 S&H.

Dave Miedema

sox83cubs84
04-12-2012, 04:18 PM
SOLD!!! Thanks to the buyer (who was able to take the plunge without pics);)

Dave Miedema