PDA

View Full Version : Value Opinion - Signed Indians Sabathia Jersey

slab0meat
03-26-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm unsure whether I would post it on the forum, or just try eBay and hope for the best, but I wanted to ask opinions on the value of a jersey I have.

It's a white/home C.C. Sabathia Indians jersey. It was sold as "game used" but there is no COA, just verification on the signature.

- MLB authenticated signature
- Tagged 2007 and signed in 2008 early on in Spring Training
- Regular Indians logo patch on sleeve
- Cool Base, Size 56 with 0063 washtag, tags curled a bit from washing, but all legible, and +3" SLV and +2" body tags
- A few loose threads, slight dirt mark on chest area
- again, NO game used COA or anything

I tried doing some research of past jerseys sold of his, and I've seen ones that went well below what I expected, then the extreme opposite: much higher... so before I went ahead with anything, I was hoping for a little insight.

Thanks.

slab0meat
03-28-2012, 06:26 AM
No one will offer an opinion to help me out?

dcgreg25
03-28-2012, 08:56 AM
I believe I am familiar with that jersey as it has made the rounds. My opinion on the jersey is that it is a game issued jersey that was signed in spring training. My estimate of value would be around $350. If you were able to photomatch it and prove use, I would say it would be worth 2x that amount, perhaps more.

I have seen Sabathia Indians game used jerseys sell for $400 to as much as $1500+ when attributed to a specific game, photomatched, etc. Hope this helps.

slab0meat
03-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Thank you very much. Helpful.