PDA

View Full Version : Ball Boys new show on ABC

JMJ24
03-25-2012, 11:08 PM
Did anybody watch the new sports memorabilia show on ABC yesterday? I missed it and forgot to set the DVR. The previews looked good...looks like another Pawn Stars.

Jeremy

geoff
03-25-2012, 11:47 PM
I saw the shows and it is a good show.I go to that store and Robbie JR is very nice to talk with.I bought a showcase that was on display that had Bobbleheads in it.He gave me a really good price on it as well.I saw the showcase on the show that I have.He was talking to me about them hoping to get a second season of the show if the 12 shows do good.

Thanks
Geoff

Trublubrucru
03-26-2012, 08:19 AM
Saw the shows. The production value seems kinda lame. They have only a few items per show and the rest of the time the workers are sitting around or playing hoops. The whole thing seemed contrived, Jim Brown authenticating his own autograph on a retail helmet, Troy from MEARS flying in to authenticate a Reggie White jersey from a guy who bought it at Lambeau, they proly flew in the guy too since it takes place in Baltimore. A couple of the guys that work there don't seem too knowledgeable either, and the store seemed kinda empty with retail jerseys or nothing at all on the walls.

I record it, so I can fast forward through 75% of the fluff, but overall was disappointed in the show

solarlottry
03-26-2012, 07:39 PM
I saw it and thought it was good as well. It gave some exposure to the GU market with the Reggie White jersey and also showed that not all autographs are fakes.

The show included a visit to Steiner and the purchase of a GU base from Jeters 3000 hit game for over 8K. it would have been nice to know a little bit more about the base like what innings it was used. The base started at 10K but was bargained down to about 8K.

In the background was Steiners Yankees inventory and boy do they have an endless supply of Gu jerseys, bats and everything else! It looks like a cool place to visit.

I look forward to the next episode and hope that they cover more GU items and show that GU can be authenticated and are quite valuable.

Always buying 49ers gamers and ALL 1994 GU items.
Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

ivo610
03-26-2012, 09:21 PM
The NYT reviewed the episode, in the review they said

"The show could use a little more explanation of why things are worth what they’re worth. Why does that football helmet go for mere hundreds, while an unautographed, game-used Reggie White football jersey goes for 20 times that? It’s a mystery"

I guess they really need to dumb it down for some people.

tigerdale
04-08-2012, 09:03 AM
I watched a couple of the shows & enjoyed it so far...