PDA

View Full Version : (2013) I'm going to every MLB ballpark, and advice?

EricTheRed44
03-22-2012, 07:08 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm a year away, but was wondering if anyone has any interesting advice or info for my planned trip to all 30 MLB ballparks next season.

Thanks
Joe

coxfan
03-23-2012, 08:35 AM
The Rangers'Park in Arlington: 1) Is near the airport and easily reached from there. 2) Is right by Cowboys' stadium and six Flags 3) Sells lots of g-u stuff in the stadium at both their stores andtheir charity tables.

xpress34
03-23-2012, 11:04 AM
I've always wanted to do that and I have read many stories of people who have and the best advice I can give from their stories is to write out your itinerary and send it to the public relations department of each team (info can be found on each teams web site) as many teams will help you with tickets and possibly mention you at the game as you make your journey to all of the parks.

Let me know when you're in Denver for the Rockies and I can help out with where to get autos, etc here...

All the best -

Smitty

EurekaDave
03-23-2012, 01:00 PM
A.T. and T. (San Francisco) is a train-ride from the airport. Great view of SF Bay from the seats up-top. So pick a day-game. Can't beat it. Game-used stuff at the Dug-out store right outside. Be sure to let us know how your plans are going. Trip of a life-time.

Dave Silverbrand

PS:
Cheap and good hotels near the Oakland Coliseum (walking distance). That's becuase they're near the airport. Often free continental breakfast. See it BEFORE A.T. and T. so you can finish the Bay Area swing on a positive note (no offense to moneyball city).

gnishiyama
03-23-2012, 02:35 PM
New York:

If the games are split between noon/1pm and a night game you can
definitely catch both Yankees and Mets game on the same day.
Both are accessible via NYC subway. Matter of fact its recommended
you don't drive. If you have a car, park in a cheap lot in Manhattan
and take train.

Yankees: 4 (try and catch express) if you're on the east side
and B, D from the westside. Take north.

Citifield: 7 train to Queens.

Do try the garlic fries at Yankee Stadium. They go great with Carls
cheesesteak. However if you want both, split the line with someone
else or else you will miss half the game getting both.

Do bring lots of cash. Everything is a ripoff.

Never been to a Mets game but I hear the food is great. Sometimes
they have specials where they practically give away tickets for free so
be on the lookout.

Best way to buy tickets below face for both teams; Stubhub a few hours before the game.

My ticket broker friends call me a bottom dweller but its the perfect
counter towards $10 beer and $8 hotdogs.

EricTheRed44
03-23-2012, 05:38 PM
coxfan, xpress34, EurekaDave, and gnishiyama, thanks for your advice!

I have a year to try and get everything ironed out. Great advice on the games and ways to get there/score tickets. Also, I started to read a bit about the others who have also visited every ballpark in a season, but I was worried that it might take away from my experience, so still trying to figure out how to gain knowledge from their experience without having some of their ideas or events creep into my thoughts or views of each stadium.

The last two mornings driving to work, I've had two people nearly wreck into me when they weren't paying attention... so 15000 miles will be interesting. I'm located near Cincinnati, so my thoughts are I'd start out here opening day and then probably go for the east coast. I had thought about starting out in west, but figured Colorado would be less likely to have snow in July than in April... All of this depends on the schedule obviously which is a long ways off.

If all works out, I'm thinking of hitting up the All star game and/or the HOF ceremonies during my trip.

Keep the ideas coming fella's. Thanks!

cjw
03-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Always wanted to do that and may still try. Jays - Toronto is a great city. It can be quite humid in the summer - spring or fall should be very nice. The Rogers centre is right downtown in the heart of everything. There is a marriott hotel attached to the field with 70 rooms with game view. If you stay away from the height of summer and pick non-Yankee, non-bosox games you can find some deals for these rooms.

coxfan
03-24-2012, 07:58 AM
For driving, I-20 is near the Rangers' park. I-20 goes ftom South Carolina through Texas (at least) and is easy driving. Atlanta's the only really large city on I-20 until you reach DFW.

xpress34
03-24-2012, 09:10 AM
For driving, I-20 is near the Rangers' park. I-20 goes ftom South Carolina through Texas (at least) and is easy driving. Atlanta's the only really large city on I-20 until you reach DFW.

Just for clarification (having grown up in DFW), I-20 is South of the Ranger's Park - I-30 runs right past the Stadium and Six Flags.

You can take 360 N from I-20 to get to I-30 and the Ballpark. E Randol Mill Rd off 360 will take you right to the park.

- Smitty

Mannywood3
03-24-2012, 09:37 AM
The rangers ballpark is the best reasons why 1) sercurtity isn't strict (at most times) 2) I may know a few people that work there 3)It is a very great enviroment and last Alot of G-U stuff

70to66
03-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Have a big wallet with lots of $!

EricTheRed44
03-24-2012, 06:56 PM
Yeah, it's going to set me back a little bit of $... but most things you've wanted to do forever will cost you something. It'll be a hell of a time though, especially if i'm able to get a friend to pop up at a game or two throughout the country.

Being in Cincy, west coast is my biggest worry. It'll be harder to get friends or family to tag along out there, most everyone I know/family are from the East. The Mariners are my least favorite stop, they are the only team for hundreds of miles, trip would be a lot shorter if not for that stop!

jppopma
03-24-2012, 07:19 PM
Lots of planning. Break down things on a map and try to schedule a couple or few games in a row in neighboring cities.

The only other word of advice that I'd offer is to plan to stay outside of the big cities to save on expenses. If you are driving from one city to the next, check to see what cool or cheap cities might be on the road between.

Good luck.

xpress34
03-24-2012, 07:21 PM
Yeah, it's going to set me back a little bit of $... but most things you've wanted to do forever will cost you something. It'll be a hell of a time though, especially if i'm able to get a friend to pop up at a game or two throughout the country.

Being in Cincy, west coast is my biggest worry. It'll be harder to get friends or family to tag along out there, most everyone I know/family are from the East. The Mariners are my least favorite stop, they are the only team for hundreds of miles, trip would be a lot shorter if not for that stop!

Get an MiLB map as well... might find some games on the way to Seattle! Just an hour south of Denver you can see the Sky Sox (Rockies AAA) play and grab some autos of up and coming players as well!