PDA

View Full Version : Orioles to Auction St. Patrick Day Worn Caps

ironmanfan
03-17-2012, 11:49 AM
2012 marks the first time that the Orioles have ever worn a special green hat to celebrate St. Patrick's Day

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/fan_forum/auction.jsp

geoff
03-17-2012, 02:53 PM
They are very cool looking hats.

BostonSportsFan
03-17-2012, 08:57 PM
2012 marks the first time that the Orioles have ever worn a special green hat to celebrate St. Patrick's Day

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/fan_forum/auction.jsp

Bill, it is however well known that only Cal Ripken Jr. trotted out to SS many years ago on St. Patty's day in his green St. Patty's O's jersey. Just ask Lou Lampson who authenticated that one and only beauty which forum member Dan Derleth owns (to the best of my knowledge Dan still owns it). Nobody has ever been able to produce one photo or other known exemplar that the O's ever wore green jersey's on the field in any game however apparently Cal at least came out to short that day many years ago in spring training and per his usual excellence in authenticating Lou was able to prove that gem was game worn.

Joe

ironmanfan
03-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Bill, it is however well known that only Cal Ripken Jr. trotted out to SS many years ago on St. Patty's day in his green St. Patty's O's jersey. Just ask Lou Lampson who authenticated that one and only beauty which forum member Dan Derleth owns (to the best of my knowledge Dan still owns it). Nobody has ever been able to produce one photo or other known exemplar that the O's ever wore green jersey's on the field in any game however apparently Cal at least came out to short that day many years ago in spring training and per his usual excellence in authenticating Lou was able to prove that gem was game worn.

Joe

Joe:

Your observations are indeed timely and on the mark...Coincidently, I did happen to correspond with Dan D. recently & he not only informed me that he still unfortunately owns the infamous Ripken Jr. "St. Patty" jersey, but he also informed me that the person who sold this HOF quality "gem" to him is actually a member of our Forum (who still posts from time to time), who refused to refund his money as well (after a litany of excuses).

Bill

BostonSportsFan
03-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Joe:

Your observations are indeed timely and on the mark...Coincidently, I did happen to correspond with Dan D. recently & he not only informed me that he still unfortunately owns the infamous Ripken Jr. "St. Patty" jersey, but he also informed me that the person who sold this HOF quality "gem" to him is actually a member of our Forum (who still posts from time to time), who refused to refund his money as well (after a litany of excuses).

Bill

Bill, I don't believe that Dan is active any longer as a collector and I have not spoken to him in years. I am wondering if you or he would be able to let the forum know who this forum member is who refuses to refund his money on the green Ripken considering all the lengths that I know Dan went to in order to determine its authenticity and ultimately its lack of authenticity.

It is rather pathetic that the seller would not stand behind the item and I am sure that all forum members would be better off not doing business with someone who operates like this.

Joe

wpeters143
03-26-2012, 04:59 AM
Did anyone get anything from this auction? What did you think of the prices. Do you think these will hold their value since it was the first time the O's wore a green cap?

I picked up a Kevin Gregg for what I think was a decent price and I was happy to add an unusual Orioles item to my collection.

jake33
04-06-2012, 02:33 PM
is it me or does the orioles bird look sea-sick?

sox83cubs84
04-06-2012, 08:03 PM
is it me or does the orioles bird look sea-sick?

Having Peter Angelos as your team's owner will do that to you.:p

Dave Miedema

ripken4ever
05-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Bill, I don't believe that Dan is active any longer as a collector and I have not spoken to him in years. I am wondering if you or he would be able to let the forum know who this forum member is who refuses to refund his money on the green Ripken considering all the lengths that I know Dan went to in order to determine its authenticity and ultimately its lack of authenticity.

It is rather pathetic that the seller would not stand behind the item and I am sure that all forum members would be better off not doing business with someone who operates like this.

Joe

Hello Joe and other members of the forum. It's been a couple years since I was last on the forum and my good friend Bill informed me of this post. As Bill stated, yes I still have the St. Patrick's Day game used jersey of Cal Ripken Jr. that was authenticated by the renown authenticator of our time, Lou Lampson! I can tell you in summary that I tried everything in my power to get the person who sold me this "rare" piece of memorabilia to refund me, even partially, to no a vale. I still have his business card which states, "Buy-Sell-Trade", "Private Collector of All Baseball Cards and Memorabilia". He also not only has been active on this forum but also on ebay as well and goes by the ID: thegoods11.
Anyone wishing to more detailed information on this fine example of a human being feel free to drop me an email and I'll give you the last contact information that I have on him. I've often wondered what would happen if I shipped this jersey of to an auction house that uses Lampson as an authenticator to see what would happen. The reason I haven't is that the jersey and letter might somehow "disappear" or get lost!

ripken4ever
05-14-2012, 07:47 PM

It is rather pathetic that the seller would not stand behind the item and I am sure that all forum members would be better off not doing business with someone who operates like this..

Joe

Hello Joe and other members of the forum. It's been a couple years since I was last on the forum and my good friend Bill informed me of this post. As Bill stated, yes I still have the St. Patrick's Day game used jersey of Cal Ripken Jr. that was authenticated by the renown authenticator of our time, Lou Lampson! I can tell you in summary that I tried everything in my power to get the person who sold me this "rare" piece of memorabilia to refund me, even partially, to no a vale. I still have his business card which states, "Buy-Sell-Trade", "Private Collector of All Baseball Cards and Memorabilia". He also not only has been active on this forum but also on ebay as well and goes by the ID: thegoods11or thegoodz15.
Anyone wishing to more detailed information on this fine example of a human being feel free to drop me an email and I'll give you the last contact information that I have on him. I've often wondered what would happen if I shipped this jersey of to an auction house that uses Lampson as an authenticator to see what would happen. The reason I haven't is that the jersey and letter might somehow "disappear" or get lost!.
The remaining Cal Ripken Jr. items I have available will be in the August Heritage Auction if anyone is interested. Part of those lots will include his last issued check from the Rochester Red Wings along with his high school senior yearbook autographed with "Calvin Edwin Ripken Jr."

CollectGU
05-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Hello Joe and other members of the forum. It's been a couple years since I was last on the forum and my good friend Bill informed me of this post. As Bill stated, yes I still have the St. Patrick's Day game used jersey of Cal Ripken Jr. that was authenticated by the renown authenticator of our time, Lou Lampson! I can tell you in summary that I tried everything in my power to get the person who sold me this "rare" piece of memorabilia to refund me, even partially, to no a vale. I still have his business card which states, "Buy-Sell-Trade", "Private Collector of All Baseball Cards and Memorabilia". He also not only has been active on this forum but also on ebay as well and goes by the ID: thegoods11.
Anyone wishing to more detailed information on this fine example of a human being feel free to drop me an email and I'll give you the last contact information that I have on him. I've often wondered what would happen if I shipped this jersey of to an auction house that uses Lampson as an authenticator to see what would happen. The reason I haven't is that the jersey and letter might somehow "disappear" or get lost!

The person is a forum member, Scott Goodman, aka thegoodz15, correct? What was his reason for not giving a refund?

ripken4ever
05-16-2012, 06:50 AM
The person is a forum member, Scott Goodman, aka thegoodz15, correct? What was his reason for not giving a refund?

Yes, that is the guy! It's been so long I can't remember the exact reason for not providing me a refund........at one point I think is was some physical condition he was dealing with and I think the other excuse was some problems with his home in the poor, depressed community of Boca Raton Florida.
I would recommend EVERYONE to encourage all others not to buy or deal with this guy in any way shape or form!

BostonSportsFan
05-16-2012, 07:53 PM
Yes, that is the guy! It's been so long I can't remember the exact reason for not providing me a refund........at one point I think is was some physical condition he was dealing with and I think the other excuse was some problems with his home in the poor, depressed community of Boca Raton Florida.
I would recommend EVERYONE to encourage all others not to buy or deal with this guy in any way shape or form!

Dan I am confused about several things here.

1. Did you ever confront Lou Lampson directly at a National or other venue? I know he is nearly impossible to track down but at least up until several years ago was appearing at the National with Victor and Kieta at AMI's booth. Now lately the only thing appearing there is the skeleton of Victor and Kieta.

2. I spoke with a collector who told me he advised you repeatedly to sue either the Authenticator and the seller or both. As he noted Grey Flannel was successfully sued over that debacle with the Ripken TBTC jersey that was never worn surely with the information you dug up you would have been able to take these clowns to the cleaners in light of the fact that the Orioles never wore these jersey's period. Did you ever seek any legal council and if not why not???

I am just not certain I must be missing something. Surely you spent a ton of money on this reported Ripken game worn jersey yet from what I was told you were handed on a silver platter all manner of legal advise and yet you did not do anything with it unless again, I am missing something.

I am also not certain how Scott Goodman could possibly play on an idea that he could not refund you money due to financial strains that he was under. Every time I have ever spoken to the guy he did nothing but brag about the roll of hundreds he had in his pocket all the high end game used he owned and how he could buy half the collectors in the country with all the money he dealt with daily.

Not sure what your statute of limitations is on this piece but I would explore your legal options.

Joe