PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Win one for the Chipper!

gingi79
03-13-2012, 01:55 AM
Chipper Jones looks and sounds every bit as old as his 40 years. I personally don't see him finishing out the season so I am declaring on behalf of all Atlanta Braves fans that 2012 is the season they "Win one for the Chipper"

Am I alone in thinking Chipper is a first ballot HOF? Can't an argument be made he is the best switch hitter in history? He has no ties or rumors of Steroid use, 2 batting titles and a World Series win (and if not for Mariano Rivera, he might have 5 titles)

Just wanted to give baseball fans a heads up, this season will most likely be the last chance you have to see Chip play. Those screams of joys are coming from Mets fans as Jones spent so much time dominating the boys from NY, he named his son Shea.........

coxfan
03-13-2012, 06:56 AM
Chipper'd certainly get my HOF vote, if I had one. Unfortunately, there are definite biases in HOF voting that have no basis in baseball performance. The fact that Chipper didn't play in New york, and offended some NYC-biased voters, will cost him some votes.

flota89
03-13-2012, 08:51 AM
Chipper Jones is, in my mind, an easy first round HOFer.

ironmanfan
03-13-2012, 09:34 AM
I think he is a HOF'er as well, although I think both Mickey Mantle & Eddie Murray may have something to say about him being the best switch hitter ever...

frikativ54
03-13-2012, 11:21 AM
The fact that Chipper didn't play in New york, and offended some NYC-biased voters, will cost him some votes.

How did he offend some NYC-biased voters? Am I missing something?

coxfan
03-13-2012, 02:48 PM
I recall that some years ago Chipper responded to heckling from Mets' fans with some candid public comments about them. I don't know that NYC journalists were offended. But some HOF voters have no problem allowing their personal likes or dislikes affect their voting. I hope that won't be a factor with Chipper.