PDA

View Full Version : Best way to display or frame a football glove with photo

bruno89
03-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Hi ,i just got a Michael Vick pink game used glove against the 49ers and autographed ,plus have a photo of him with the glove,i was wondering whats the best way to display it such as items and websites where i can find something fairly cheap but good in terms of UV also to preserve the glove.
Or maybe a shadow box with 2 displays attached to each other,one side with a photo,the other with the glove?
Let me know ideas and ways for me to also preserve it and not destroy it as i dont want to use pins to hold the glove...

Thank you

Preston
03-11-2012, 10:24 PM
I get a lot of my shadow boxes from Michael's and they run sales on them a lot. Here is a game worn glove I got from Dwight Freeney and I printed a photo I found from the game wearing the glove he gave me.

halzeus
03-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Here's how I mounted a pair of gloves and a photo:

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk225/halzeus/McColganUTLGlovesDisplay.jpg

bigwill17
03-11-2012, 11:29 PM
There use to be a post on the site with some Lavarr Arrington Signed Game Used Gloves framed on the site that looked great but it looks like the image is no longer available. I have a pic of some batting gloves I had framed. I will try to take a pic of it tomorrow and post

bigwill17
03-11-2012, 11:33 PM
You can't see the depth from the angle of picture but the gloves sit about a 1/2 inch in from matting to give the shadow look

bruno89
03-12-2012, 06:48 AM
Thank you for all the replies so far.
Those look great ,do you know what websites or companies have these for sell?