PDA

View Full Version : 2011 WS jersey cut up?

onlyalbert
03-10-2012, 10:47 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/370592010915?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Does anyone know anything about this? What a shame if it's true.

rdeversole
03-11-2012, 12:01 AM
It could be from an issued jersey or pants or even from somebody else. You never know with those cards.

commando
03-11-2012, 05:11 AM
No worries. There's a disclaimer on the back that reads, "The relic on this card is not from any specific game, event or season, nor was it necessarily used during a World Series game."

Heck, the relic on this card may have not been in any specific game, event or season by the pictured player at all...

Birdbats
03-11-2012, 10:10 AM
I'd be shocked if Albert didn't keep his WS jerseys to pass down to his kids -- especially considering the home white is the last Cardinals jersey he ever wore.

Skizzick
03-11-2012, 01:14 PM
The whole GU card market is such a scam. Unless you know the exact game or jersey the cut is from (like Playoff/Donruss used to do before they went belly-up), it might as well be a retail authentic jersey that some intern cut into pieces.

cohibasmoker
03-11-2012, 01:18 PM
It could be from an issued jersey or pants or even from somebody else. You never know with those cards.

I don't understand the card companies at all. How hard would it be to contact MLB and get permission to send a company representative to a team locker-room and get a jersey directly from the player?

I guess it's just me

Jim

frikativ54
03-11-2012, 01:35 PM
No worries. There's a disclaimer on the back that reads, "The relic on this card is not from any specific game, event or season, nor was it necessarily used during a World Series game."

Heck, the relic on this card may have not been in any specific game, event or season by the pictured player at all...

Where did you see the back of the card? The front is only pictured in the eBay auction...do you own one of these?

commando
03-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Where did you see the back of the card? The front is only pictured in the eBay auction...do you own one of these?

I found several different examples of cards from this insert set, and that's what they said on all the backs.

frikativ54
03-11-2012, 01:58 PM
I found several different examples of cards from this insert set, and that's what they said on all the backs.

Thanks for the pic. That's an interesting disclaimer and means the company can pretty much put whatever it wants inside those cards.

Skizzick
03-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the pic. That's an interesting disclaimer and means the company can pretty much put whatever it wants inside those cards.
Heck, you can buy a card of Chad Durbin that legitimately could say the same thing.

jppopma
03-12-2012, 08:27 AM
This has long been a problem with the game used cards. "Event worn" jerseys and a mismatch of jerseys that do not match anything close to what the player ever wore. Very sad, but people love them.

nycpropain
03-12-2012, 12:09 PM

Am I the only one here that thinks that makes sense? Or am I the only one reading it correctly?

Its to save them from frivolous lawsuits cause someone was demanding topps released when the jerseys where used. From what I recall they thought since the card from a set would say "Babe Ruth hit x amount of hrs in 27" that the jersey should be from 1927. And to save there rear from any nonsense from some banana the changed the wording.

BU54CB
03-12-2012, 05:25 PM
I don't understand the card companies at all. How hard would it be to contact MLB and get permission to send a company representative to a team locker-room and get a jersey directly from the player?

I guess it's just me

Jim

That would require the card companies to spend money, good luck with that.