PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News - Astros to Wear Pistol on Colt 45s TBTC Jersey

eGameUsed
03-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Great news! Astros owner Jime Crane announced today the team WILL wear the pistol on Colt 45s TBTC jerseys worn on two games in April. Mike Acosta and the equipment staff now have their work cut out to get these here in time. It was a silly delay in my opinion! It was pretty awesome that the Astros asked for season ticket input. It sounds like it was a unanimous consensus!

Thanks,

sox83cubs84
03-09-2012, 05:07 PM
Glad to see the bleeding heart PC Police thwarted on this one!:D :D

Dave Miedema

gingi79
03-09-2012, 05:15 PM
I believe this will make them literally 10x more collectible. The M&N version is still selling at a huge price. My unsolicited advice for any fan of jersey collecting would be to get your hands on any style you can from game worn to retail authentic. I'm betting these are going to be hot a for a lot longer than just this season.

jake33
03-09-2012, 05:37 PM
I just read in a tream release stating the "rich 50 year tradition...." refering to the Astros Organization.

Now that, I don't understand. Rich hisotry is a little much. Yeah, Bagwell, Biggio, were superb pieces in their history. Yes the uniforms were unique and great. The Astrodome and astro turf are a piece of very forward thinking people. And I am a Billy Hatcher fan, and liked Glenn Davis a lot. But through an unbiased fan's point of view, as a team they are a bit of a let down. I remeber when my Rays had a small honoring of their 10 year anniversary in 2007, now that was a complete joke, dead last 9 out of the first 10 years. It was kind of embarassing.

If you are Antonio Alfonseca, you can count all their division titles on 1 hand.

The entire fanchise has won as many World Series games as Ozzie Canseco.

Followed by a push out of their own league, into the AL.

Anyways, I like the support the fans gave for the throwbacks, that is really a must. I have a feeling they will keep them true throwbacks, and I think it is great that the unis will be worn more than once, unlike several throwbacks.

BaseballGM
03-09-2012, 06:17 PM
http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusmlbexperts/pistol45.jpg

frikativ54
03-09-2012, 09:10 PM
http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusmlbexperts/pistol45.jpg

Nice uniforms. Glad to hear that the 'Stros will be wearing them. :)

GoTigers
03-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Thats great.. Whats really interesting to me is that the team was actually named after a product. Can you imagine that happening today, much less a gun manufactorer. If MLB expands again and the fans vote for a name, can you imagine the Las Vegas Apple i-Pad's?

cohibasmoker
03-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Glad to see the bleeding heart PC Police thwarted on this one!:D :D

Dave Miedema

Better put the local cops on overtime. Shootings will be up after these jerseys hit the market.

The team Houston team was named the Colt .45s after a "Name The Team" contest was won by William Irving Neder. The Colt .45 was well known as "the gun that won the west."

Just an opinion.

Jim

10thMan
03-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Those are COOL Uni`s!

In California it would never "fly"...Gun owning Liberals, that Smoke Weed would pack the Stadiums days early, in their VW Vans Just waiting to cause a "Scene" & PROTEST.

How about the Arizona "AR`S" or the "Ruger Raiders" ???

Sean

frikativ54
03-11-2012, 01:30 PM
In California it would never "fly"...Gun owning Liberals, that Smoke Weed would pack the Stadiums days early, in their VW Vans Just waiting to cause a "Scene" & PROTEST.

Where can I sign up? :D :p :cool:

j/k

cohibasmoker
03-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Those are COOL Uni`s!

How about the Arizona "AR`S" or the "Ruger Raiders" ???

Sean

Sean - I think they are called "occupiers" a.k.a the "takers" - they sit on their butts, in someone else's property complaining they are being screwed by "the man". If Obama can be raised by a single Mother, work his way through Columbia and Harvard, hold one-term as a junior Senator and then wind-up as President, what's their excuse?

Just an opinion.

jppopma
03-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Be careful wearing this jersey around....people may see the gun and shoot you in self defense! jk

Nice looking jersey and I agree with Dave that it's not to see that history prevailed over the whiners.

genius
03-12-2012, 02:43 PM
I was hoping they were going to go with the backup plan:

Vintagedeputy
03-12-2012, 09:34 PM
As a firearms instructor, I love these jerseys.

RRexpressfan94
03-18-2012, 04:42 PM
The sad thing is, going to plenty of astros games myself, i know that all of the throwback jerseys they are going to wear this year, will end up in their game used store, with a price tag of nothing lower then $400 im sure. sigh.

BamaHater
03-18-2012, 06:45 PM
The sad thing is, going to plenty of astros games myself, i know that all of the throwback jerseys they are going to wear this year, will end up in their game used store, with a price tag of nothing lower then $400 im sure. sigh.
I've purchased the last few throwback jerseys the Astros have worn from the Astros Authentics and did not find the prices to be terribly high and eventually the prices will come down. I bought a Team Issued Wesley Wright shooting star jersey cheaper than the team store was selling the blank jerseys. I think my Wesley Wright shoulder rainbow was about $350 for the entire uniform and it was MLB authenticated. If you want a bigger name player you will pay more. Me I'm ok with a bench guy or some on who is in the minors at the time.

frikativ54
03-18-2012, 07:07 PM

The 'Stros pricing is far fairer than that of the Brewers IMO. It could be worse.