PDA

View Full Version : Lelands-Gaynor Auction is Now Live

scgaynor@scgaynor.com
10-02-2006, 10:38 PM
The first Lelands-Gaynor monthly internet auction is now live.

FEATURING OVER 200 LOTS OF GREAT VINTAGE, SPORTS AND AMERICANA MEMORABILIA, INCLUDING:
o Derek Jeter NY Yankees Game Used Baseball Bat
o 1946 Babe Ruth Ty Cobb Tris Speaker Signed Baseball
o 1930s Lou Gehrig Signed Baseball.
o 1968 Baltimore Colts Team Signed Football-Super Bowl III Team
o 2004 World Champion Boston Red Sox Team Signed Baseball
o c. 2003 Mario Lemieux Game Used Hockey Skates
o 1950s Brooklyn Dodgers Game Used Warm Up Jacket.
o Babe Ruth & Bobby Jones Signed 1928 World Champions Dinner Program
o 1950 Brooklyn Dodgers Team Signed Baseball
o 2004 World Series Red Sox Limited Edition Giclee Artwork.
o Derek Jeter Yankees Original Painting by Ron Stark
o Print Presented to Jimmie Foxx by the National League in 1951
o Alex Rodriguez NY Yankees Game Used Baseball Bat
o Early 1970s Oakland Athletics Game Used Warm Up Jacket
AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!!!

For more items go to our website at www.lelands.com

Note the special rules for the internet only auction and make sure that your registered e-mail address is correct.

sportscentury
10-03-2006, 12:59 PM
Scott,

Thanks for this update. Nice to see that you have joined the forum. I hope you'll be a regular contributor - maybe you can share with forum members a little bit about your extensive hobby experience.

Reid

scgaynor@scgaynor.com
10-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Sure Reid, but what would you like to know? Do you mean in the game used area, or sports memorabilia in general?

Scott

ChrisCavalier
10-03-2006, 02:51 PM
Hello Scott,

I agree with Reid that we are glad to have you as part of the forum. However, please note the following forum rule (rule #4):

No Advertising or Self Promotion. Please do not post any messages anywhere on this site that are primarily for the promotion or advertising of any website, forum, email address, business, multi-level marketing activity, or other entities to which you have an affiliation.

While we are going to leave this post to let people know about your new service, please note that any future information regarding websites, businesses, etc. must first be cleared with the site administrators. While we haven't been overly vigilant enforcing this rule in the past we will be doing so in the future.

Please feel free to email me at chris_cavalier@gameuseduniverse.com if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Chris Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

scgaynor@scgaynor.com
10-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Thanks Chris, I appreciate it.

Scott

sportscentury
10-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Sure Reid, but what would you like to know? Do you mean in the game used area, or sports memorabilia in general?

Scott

Scott,

I thought it might be nice for people to know whom you've worked with in the past. I know you've handled a lot of large collections and have offered some great game used items over the years (I've acquired several of them and I know there are other forum members who have, as well).

With this all said, please see the post by Chris Cavalier, and please respond within the scope of the forum rules/policies, of course.

Reid

scgaynor@scgaynor.com
10-03-2006, 09:29 PM
I will give you a quick bio, I don't want to bore too many people.

After graduating from Towson University in Maryland I starting doing the SCD telephone auctions for Jays Sports Connection, which was at the time in Towson MD, but has since moved. I did those from about early 1996 to late 1997.

I left there to work at the short lived National Sports Gallery in Washington DC. The National Sports Gallery was a museum that was really well done, but poorly promoted and it only lasted about 2-3 years. It was there that I met alot of key collectors and started selling items for them on Ebay. Ebay was still pretty small so i was able to develop a niche early. It all kind of snowballed from there into the operation that it is today.

The Lelands-Gaynor auction is a fun project as it is basically the same thing that I do on ebay, but takes place on lelands.com and the quality of the material is consistently better.

As far as who I have worked with in the past, besides the Sports Gallery and Jays, pretty much every auction house of note on some level. I have been lucky enough to keep on good terms with most auction houses and many big dealers, which since I pretty much rely on word of mouth and auction house referrals for consignments, has been huge for me.

Thanks for asking.

Scott