PDA

View Full Version : What would you do - if it WAS your item?

marino13
03-07-2012, 05:13 PM
To make this short and simple - a closed friend of mine (who happened to be a VERY big Steinersports supporter, for Yankees stuff mostly), is in a situation and the doesnt know where to turn!

He got an INTERESTING item from Steinersports - it has the AUTHENTIC LOA and hologram from Steiner BUT the MLB Hologram is a copy of the original!

This was from one of the milestone game for a Yankees pitcher.

Steinersports has been contacted and they have said to SEND the item in so they can fix it!

Would you SEND it back and hope that it is corrected?

Here is my take - I WOULD NOT SEND IT IN! Chances are they will LOSE it in the handling process and so forth. If they can misplace a JACKET or a BAT, they can misplace ANYTHING!

I would also contact Brandon himself and make an appointment in PERSON to have the situation rectify! Chances are the ORIGINAL item is not going to be found!

I would ask for an EQUAL replacement along with the SAME amount-replacement as in good will for the headaches!

If it was you - what would you do?

:D

yanks12025
03-07-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm confused with "The mlb hologram is a copy of the original"? I'm guessing the player is Rivera?

marino13
03-07-2012, 06:49 PM
I'm confused with "The mlb hologram is a copy of the original"? I'm guessing the player is Rivera?

You might know my friend then!

It is a Rivera!

marino13
03-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Just called him about the item and told him about this post and your reply....

.. And his reply "I guess Steinersports do have membership with the forum also." And "Tell them to fix the problem".

Yanks, what is the chance that you ARE working for Steiner AND you are his personal rep?

yanks12025
03-07-2012, 07:17 PM
No, I don't understand by what you guys mean by saying the mlb hologram is a copy of the original. What is it a copy of? What exactly does it say when you look it up online?

marino13
03-07-2012, 07:29 PM
No, I don't understand by what you guys mean by saying the mlb hologram is a copy of the original. What is it a copy of? What exactly does it say when you look it up online?

Since steinersports is trying to correct the wrong, my friend asked me not to get into details and so forth.

Steinersports always been on the up and up with him - since he is one of their loyal customers. It is a very good chance that someone MADE a mistake - and now it is wait and see the mistake being corrected!

On MLB database - it is saying that it is AUTHENTIC and as such. But the hologram is NOT the actual hologram but a very good copy of it! Some might say, that the hologram is WORN and so forth - so the ink and color might fade! But it SHOULDNT be!

godwulf
03-07-2012, 08:52 PM
On MLB database - it is saying that it is AUTHENTIC and as such. But the hologram is NOT the actual hologram but a very good copy of it! Some might say, that the hologram is WORN and so forth - so the ink and color might fade! But it SHOULDNT be!

I don't know about anyone else, but my head just exploded.

Moving on...

slab0meat
03-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Very confusing

http://www.sam23.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Huh_new.jpg

marino13
03-07-2012, 09:19 PM

It is very delicate situation as we speak, so they are handling it with care at the moment!

The only thing I am against, is sending the "item" back and hoping that it can be replaced. Chances for that happen is like Zero to None. So, why just send it and hope for the best, when you can hold onto it and DEMAND it in person to be correct and compensated!

The only thing is - it is INCONVENIENT for the buyer to get to the main office in NYC. So he is considering about sending the item back and hoping for the best. I told him that would be a bad idea! What if they LOSE it? He has NOTHING to hold them accountable for!

By the way, the item cost over $600 and it was PRE-ORDER months in advance!

Klattsy
03-07-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm confused about the holo too...Are you saying Steiner sold an item with a fake holo?

Can't you send it in register post w/insurance?

Mark.

marino13
03-07-2012, 10:46 PM
I was told NOT to continue with this WHAT WOULD YOU DO scenario.

It still sucks that it happened! I just hope that it would get fixed and both parties walked away happy!

Here is the best thing I can say about it - since I checked it out in person because I NEVER thought that something like this would happened AT all! But it did!

The only reason why I posted this POLL, would you trust sending the "mistake" item back and hope that it would be rectified (one way or another). Or would you inconvenient yourself and make travel arrangement to correct the "mistake" and DEMAND compensation?

yanks12025
03-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Why'd you even post then if your not going to say anything about the item.

marino13
03-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Why'd you even post then if your not going to say anything about the item.

I did!

The item is a MISTAKE that should NEVER happened - but it did!

Now my friend debating if he wants to send the item back (which a decision I told him NOT TO DO) or make travel arrangement and get it "corrected" in person (he doesnt want to spend).

I was thinking that I would go and take care of it on his behalf - as long as I have all the contact and so forth! But then again, I guess to each his own I guess!

As for posting what it is and pictures of the item - I dont see the need for it since I think they just want to sweep under the rug and forget about it! Make it looks like it NEVER happen!

yanks12025
03-07-2012, 11:14 PM
So your accusing Steiner of making fake MLB holograms and putting them on items. Is that correct? If it is in the database, how you know it's a fake/copy.

cliffjmp33
03-07-2012, 11:27 PM
I am confused like many, but is there a chance that MLB actually posted the hologram on the item and was washed/worn after it was applied? Or there a chance that someone from Steiner accidentally removed it (not sure how, but plausible) and they tried to makeshift/fix it?

marino13
03-07-2012, 11:31 PM
So your accusing Steiner of making fake MLB holograms and putting them on items. Is that correct? If it is in the database, how you know it's a fake/copy.

I have more than enough MLB-Hologram related items - so I know when I see if the hologram has been tampered with and so forth!

Again, I am NOT accusing anyone doing anything. All I am saying is, a MISTAKE happened and now they need to fix it!

This is NOT about a generic MLB hologram mistake - it is not a incorrect-wording and so forth. It is NOT a game ISSUED and game USED input on data base. It is also NOT a photomatched situation either!

It is just plain WRONG!

If you can see it, then you would be saying the same thing! How the hell did that happened!

Again, steinersports being as perfectly as they are, I am not going to the whistle-blower for this MISTAKE!

I just hope that my buddy will get compensate for this MISTAKE along with another item to his liking!:D

Skizzick
03-08-2012, 08:27 AM
Your RANDOM capitalization of WORDS and your vagueness of THE situation is confusing everyone. First of all, how does a game used Mariano River milestone item sell for $600? Second, for you to accuse Steiner of faking a hologram for an item (which you don't own, btw), and then not elaborating on it is not only unfair to all of us reading it, but also pretty libelous. Just post pictures of the item, and maybe a Steiner website link if there is one, and let us judge for ourselves.

otismalibu
03-08-2012, 08:37 AM
This is like a Nigerian email...
without the laughs.

rufusandherschel
03-08-2012, 08:40 AM
I have more than enough MLB-Hologram related items - so I know when I see if the hologram has been tampered with and so forth!

Again, I am NOT accusing anyone doing anything. All I am saying is, a MISTAKE happened and now they need to fix it!

This is NOT about a generic MLB hologram mistake - it is not a incorrect-wording and so forth. It is NOT a game ISSUED and game USED input on data base. It is also NOT a photomatched situation either!

It is just plain WRONG!

If you can see it, then you would be saying the same thing! How the hell did that happened!

Again, steinersports being as perfectly as they are, I am not going to the whistle-blower for this MISTAKE!

I just hope that my buddy will get compensate for this MISTAKE along with another item to his liking!:D

This has gone on long enough. You're wasting everyone's time with this 'Nonsense'!

jsr418
03-08-2012, 08:48 AM
I have Derek Jeter's 3000 hit jersey. All you need to do is send me $ 500 for the tariffs and I will send you the jersey for helping me out........ Lol.

yankees24
03-08-2012, 10:34 AM

It is just plain WRONG!

Your friend seems to have some interesting issues with Steiner Yankees collectibles and this isn't the first time it seems. Did he or you ever hear back from Steiner and MLB Authentication about the Derek Jeter 3000 hits marked J3 baseball? I posted these same photos you did at the Yankees forum and some members think this might have been the first baseball used during the 3000 hit at-bat and not game ready like it was listed by MLB Authentication. Your friend might want to be more concerned about contacting Steiner to fix this error than the $600 baseball.

http://oi40.tinypic.com/2prgzyg.jpg

http://oi42.tinypic.com/ico2h3.jpg

http://oi42.tinypic.com/a2d5b6.jpg

http://oi39.tinypic.com/144ch28.jpg

marino13
03-08-2012, 11:46 AM
I like steiners' stuff and I do own my fair share of their semi-high price items. I had no problem with them what so ever - which is why I am shocked to see the MISTAKE on my buddy item. And from what I have been told - the company ADMITTED the mistake and they are willing to correct it and they request the item to be SENT back (This is the main point of this thread).

Personally - I would NOT send back the item! I would rather meet them in person and see what they offer for exchange of the mistake! Sending the item back, you lose your leverage! You will have to accept whatever they are willing to give you and be happy about it! If not, they will just refund you the purchased amount and swept everything under the rug! What am I saying is for the dramas and stresses they put you through, you might as well look for compensation in return! Why not?

I could ask for the pictures of the item and post them here for others to gawk at and open up a "Another bad apple in the bunch" and others "steinersports is NOT as sure about their stuff also" and steinersports' haters will come out of the woods and bashing on the company! Personally, I had nothing but pleasant experiences with the company, so I dont see any reason to bash them! If I wasnt such a FAN of the company, I would have post the pictures in the very first post so let the rocks throwing begin!

As for being Mariano game used items cant be had for $600 - there are a bunch out there! I can still get Mariano - pitched baseball for the same amount if not less. An actual Strikeout baseball can be had for the same amount and the same can be said for baseballs being used during one of his saves. And that is just a small sample! The only thing that is untouchable - clothing off his back! But everything else is attainable!

As for Mariano milestone - any save related is a milestone! Any record breaker save is a milestone. This can go on and on!

And with the J3 baseball - beside the hearsay from Price, there is not much else the authenticator can do but to authenticate the baseball as game ready! I dont know what he was doing during that important at bat - but if J3 was in play (most likely to be the foul ball that at ball-boy collected) - how can he authenticated as game ready? Maybe he blinked and didnt see the play? :D

marino13
03-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Your RANDOM capitalization of WORDS and your vagueness of THE situation is confusing everyone. First of all, how does a game used Mariano River milestone item sell for $600? Second, for you to accuse Steiner of faking a hologram for an item (which you don't own, btw), and then not elaborating on it is not only unfair to all of us reading it, but also pretty libelous. Just post pictures of the item, and maybe a Steiner website link if there is one, and let us judge for ourselves.

The same way that DJ3K game used baseballs can be had for $75 (just the generic baseballs from 7/9/11 game not the special marked baseballs that were used during the historical at bat)! Pre-ordered MONTHS in advance. You take a gamble and sometimes it paid off!

The same baseballs were sent off to be signed by Jeter and authenticated as such (another $400 or so investment) - and then next thing you know, people dropping $2500-$4500 for the same baseball!

This is how steinersports pre-ordering works! You will pay through the nose for the items in advance and if you are lucky enough - a milestone might happen during your game!

marino13
03-08-2012, 11:56 AM
I have Derek Jeter's 3000 hit jersey. All you need to do is send me $ 500 for the tariffs and I will send you the jersey for helping me out........ Lol.

why stop at Jeter's 3000th hit jersey? lol

I would have send you $1000 for the MUNSON's jacket - that was subject of conversation a couple months back!

marino13
03-08-2012, 12:09 PM
The same way that DJ3K game used baseballs can be had for $75 (just the generic baseballs from 7/9/11 game not the special marked baseballs that were used during the historical at bat)! Pre-ordered MONTHS in advance. You take a gamble and sometimes it paid off!

The same baseballs were sent off to be signed by Jeter and authenticated as such (another $400 or so investment) - and then next thing you know, people dropping $2500-$4500 for the same baseball!

This is how steinersports pre-ordering works! You will pay through the nose for the items in advance and if you are lucky enough - a milestone might happen during your game!

Just a quick follow up on the DJ3K baseball mentioned!

http://www.sarge92-collectables.com/...Used--SS-.html

It is a just NOT vague but it's also giving alot of room for assumption by the uneducated buyer(s)!

yankees24
03-08-2012, 12:55 PM
And with the J3 baseball - beside the hearsay from Price, there is not much else the authenticator can do but to authenticate the baseball as game ready! I dont know what he was doing during that important at bat - but if J3 was in play (most likely to be the foul ball that at ball-boy collected) - how can he authenticated as game ready? Maybe he blinked and didnt see the play? :D

So did your friend speak with Steiner and MLB Authentication to sort that out? I think another member here sent a marked ball they caught to MLB Authentication and they were able to document it for him precisely. I'm just curious to know why there looks like a bat marking on it when it was authenticated game ready.

How much did your friend pay for this ball, if you're allowed to say? If you can't give a number, can you at least say if it was for more or less then the Mariano baseball? ($600)

marino13
03-08-2012, 01:12 PM
So did your friend speak with Steiner and MLB Authentication to sort that out? I think another member here sent a marked ball they caught to MLB Authentication and they were able to document it for him precisely. I'm just curious to know why there looks like a bat marking on it when it was authenticated game ready.

How much did your friend pay for this ball, if you're allowed to say? If you can't give a number, can you at least say if it was for more or less then the Mariano baseball? ($600)

I havent seen MLB change their database info much - but I also heard that they only do it with ALOT of hi-resolution photo and so forth!

As for being special marked baseball - I would think that change would be easier since the hologram and the special marking are very close in proximity with each other - so that would be easy to fix!

yankees24
03-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Just a quick follow up on the DJ3K baseball mentioned!

http://www.sarge92-collectables.com/...Used--SS-.html

It is a just NOT vague but it's also giving alot of room for assumption by the uneducated buyer(s)!

What's there to assume? The item being offered is exactly that, a game used baseball from Jeter's 3000 hit game that has been autographed by him? Am I missing something here?

marino13
03-08-2012, 02:55 PM
What's there to assume? The item being offered is exactly that, a game used baseball from Jeter's 3000 hit game that has been autographed by him? Am I missing something here?

Some might think - with the bat marking on the baseball and the inscription, pending buyer might think that they are getting a USED baseball during a Jeter's at bat!

This is NOT even close to that. It is just a generic used baseball from the game! Not from Jeter's at bat and especially not from Jeter's 3,000th hit at bat! We all know that special marked baseballs were used during that milestone!

yankees24
03-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Some might think - with the bat marking on the baseball and the inscription, pending buyer might think that they are getting a USED baseball during a Jeter's at bat!

This is NOT even close to that. It is just a generic used baseball from the game! Not from Jeter's at bat and especially not from Jeter's 3,000th hit at bat! We all know that special marked baseballs were used during that milestone!

Regular baseballs were used in the four other Jeter at bats. How can you say so surely this was not used in one of them?

marino13
03-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Regular baseballs were used in the four other Jeter at bats. How can you say so surely this was not used in one of them?

I dont think steinersports would let that opportunity get away - they would be making a ton of money off collectors if the authenticator would authenticate it as such!

But then again - the yankees are the ONLY team who doesnt allow authenticator in the dugout for that purpose - with the exception of the MAJOR milestones!

If they did, there would have been a ton of "during at bat" game used baseballs from the Yankees! But as we speak, they are seem to be non-existent - with that, it is NOT an assumption that the baseball wasnt used during "after 3,000th hit" at bat afterward - it is a known fact since MLB data doesnt verify such thing! (at least with the Yankees home games to say the least).

If it was a ROAD game - then that is another story entirely! I do own a couple dozen of Yankees' foul baseballs, hit by a pitch, and pitched in the dirt!

yankees24
03-08-2012, 04:47 PM
I dont think steinersports would let that opportunity get away - they would be making a ton of money off collectors if the authenticator would authenticate it as such!

But then again - the yankees are the ONLY team who doesnt allow authenticator in the dugout for that purpose - with the exception of the MAJOR milestones!

If they did, there would have been a ton of "during at bat" game used baseballs from the Yankees! But as we speak, they are seem to be non-existent - with that, it is NOT an assumption that the baseball wasnt used during "after 3,000th hit" at bat afterward - it is a known fact since MLB data doesnt verify such thing! (at least with the Yankees home games to say the least).

If it was a ROAD game - then that is another story entirely! I do own a couple dozen of Yankees' foul baseballs, hit by a pitch, and pitched in the dirt!

Let me know if your friend decides on selling the J3 marked ball. Though I still question whether the marking was added onto the ball after it was authenticated, I have a customer who is looking for one and am pretty sure he could care less of the marking. How does the Steiner Letter of Authenticity describe the ball?

nycpropain
03-08-2012, 06:47 PM
So this whole topic is an attempt to get something for nothing. Seems your friend needs to read a little more and write a little less.

marino13
03-08-2012, 09:53 PM
So this whole topic is an attempt to get something for nothing. Seems your friend needs to read a little more and write a little less.

I would doubt that very much!

It is more like - a mistake is made and if it was caught, it would have gone un-notice and that would be WRONG!

It was caught and brought to the appropriate contacts within the company and they said they would correct it - just send it back!

Again, if a mistake was made by the company, what would stop it from "losing" the mistake in transit! And if they are correcting the mistake in person, there will be "other options" available to make sure that everything will be swept under the rug (which is what I feel when I talked to the owner.)

My only advice to him - find the way to get to the corporate office and make sure they take care of your problem. DO NOT SEND THE ITEM BACK BY MAIL!

Hopefully, he would take my advice and make it worth while - for all the stress and headache, he might as well asking for punitive damages! :D

marino13
03-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Let me know if your friend decides on selling the J3 marked ball. Though I still question whether the marking was added onto the ball after it was authenticated, I have a customer who is looking for one and am pretty sure he could care less of the marking. How does the Steiner Letter of Authenticity describe the ball?

I dont have the baseball you are talking. If I did have the J3 baseball, I wouldnt let it go!

But for the rest, it would be "make me an offer I cant refuse" :D

halzeus
03-08-2012, 09:58 PM
I would use FedEx or UPS with insurance. I would not spend air fare for a $600 item. Punitive damages for a mistake they are willing to rectify seems a little much.

marino13
03-08-2012, 11:24 PM
I would use FedEx or UPS with insurance. I would not spend air fare for a $600 item. Punitive damages for a mistake they are willing to rectify seems a little much.

It is more like 8 hours round-trip driving - plus or minus the traffic - along with gas and tolls.

And if they schedule a weekday - now that is a loss day of work. It is a safer bet on a weekend!

It is more like inconvenient than anything! And it is definitely cost less than booking a flight!

yanks12025
03-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Curious what ever happened here?