PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Ricky Henderson signed GU Bat For Sale

gameon
03-07-2012, 12:00 PM
I have a 2002 Boston Red Sox Ricky Henderson signed game used bat for sale. This bat is by far one of the nicest Henderson gamers you will ever find. It will also come with the PSA paperwork(B96525) from Grey Flannel. It shows tremendous use with a slight handle crack that is hardly noticable. Also has ball marks,seam marks,blue ink transfer marks,cleat marks,red bat rack marks, lots of tar on the handle, and has tape in a spiral pattern below the knob for better grip. Also has his number 35 written on the knob. Ricky had signed the bat in bold blue sharpie with 2003 inscription. He must have not realized it was from 2002. Im asking $450 shipped. You will not be disappointed in this beauty!!! Please email me for pics at doodlebug140@comcast.net.

Gary

OaklandAsFan
03-07-2012, 07:51 PM
can I get pics of the bat please

Mdragon75@aim.com

sportscentury
03-08-2012, 09:33 AM
The 2002 bats that Rickey signed 2003 were used in 2003. Rickey had a lot of bats, cleats, gloves, etc., left over from previous years (spanning from 1999 to 2002) when he went to play for the Newark Bears (minors) in 2003. He used these "carry over" bats when he played for the Bears in 2003, and he also used a few of them when he was "called up" to the Dodgers (that's right, Rickey used some bats that had "BOSTON RED SOX" on them when he started with the Dodgers, before his Dodgers bats arrived). If he signed the bat 2003, then he used it in 2003 (most likely for the Newark Bears, but possibly for the L.A. Dodgers). I watched him sign bats from previous years with the 2003 inscription when he was with the Bears. This was a purposeful and accurate inscription. As most of you know, I sold my extensive Rickey game worn collection years ago, though I retained his complete "Newark Eagles" uniform, which was the Negro Leagues throwback that was the team's primary uniform both at home and on the road in 2003 with the Newark Bears (the only one of its kind, obtained directly from Mike Weiss, Rickey's memorabilia agent, at the stadium).

gameon
03-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Price drop $425 shipped. Or any reasonable offers will be considered.