PDA

View Full Version : Matt Moore Game Used Minor League Jerseys

kesseldawg
03-06-2012, 06:53 PM
What's the general thought about game used minor league jerseys as investments? I know one should collect what they love, and years ago, I had Josh Hamilton's Princeton Rays shirt. I think I got it for $100 and kept it the whole time he wasn't playing, then sold it for about $1000 later. Now, I see some Matt Moore shirts out there, with team COA. I did pick up his very first home gamer from 2007. Better to wait for MLB stuff, such as the playoff jerseys that were recently on mlb.com?

godwulf
03-07-2012, 09:08 PM
I have seven Justin Upton minor league jerseys, from low-A, high-A, and double-A, and his low-A batting helmet from Visalia. (Before anyone asks, btw, I'm not selling them any time soon.) I didn't buy them as an investment, but it would be nice to believe that I'm not going to totally lose my ass on them, when I (or my heirs) do eventually let them go. But, whatever.

I love minor league Baseball, so it makes sense to also love (and collect) the GU stuff associated with it. Also, which is going to be rarer, in the long run - what may be the only (or one of only a couple of) A, AA or AAA jerseys for a given player, or one of several dozen (or more) jerseys the same guy is going to wear in the Majors?

I have one of Stephen Drew's Camden RiverSharks jerseys - his first pro team - and I wouldn't trade it for any Major League jersey he's ever worn.