PDA

View Full Version : Coincidence or fake Reggie Jacket on ebay...

JimCaravello
02-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Folks - I don't post that often on GUU these days - due mainly to my busy business and personal schedule these days.......

But when I see people altering items to say they are game used, it really torques me...really torques me.....

You be the judge.......

I live in Raleigh, NC and this item popped up on ebay some time ago. I was very interested in it and actually wanted to pull the trigger on the BIN when it hit ebay, but was called away by my daughter at the time and didn't buy the item. I went back a couple hours later to get it, and it was gone - cool item - would love to have with the history of it - and the seller was in NC as well and went to UNC. Good price I might add! Being a Yankees fan and a UNC fan, it would have been great to have - knowing the history of the Yankees and UNC, etc. etc.

Here is the item.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=320822223936&si=R4tOyZbnjD6Fu3SdvZT5i94RFck%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AX%3AAAQ%3AUS%3A1123&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Make sure you look closely at all the loose threads, specifically around the NY on the front and the tag with hook in the collar......

Now this Reggie GU jacket from 1979 pops on ebay and here is the link.......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REGGIE-JACKSON-YANKEES-1979-VINTAGE-GAME-WORN-USED-JACKET-ALADEN-TAGGED-/170791983984?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c3fedb70

Look closely at all the tagging I mentioned above and you be the judge....

Looks like the Seller added 44 in the collar to me to the jacket referenced above in the first link.....

Look at the angle of the hook grommets in the collar.....

Look at the loose threads in the NY.......

Look at the Aladen tag and button......

Coincidence, or alteration?????

You be the judge....

I have an e-mail into the original seller to try to find out who bought it......

I really can't stand stuff like this...........

Anyone know the seller of the current item on ebay??

JimCaravello
02-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Look specifically at the bottom of the Y and the left top of the Y and the loose threads - I don't think I am going crazy here.......

JimCaravello
02-27-2012, 04:15 PM
So - watch you see above it photos from the two different listings showing the NY.....

Now let's look at the grommet placement.....the right grommet is a little higher on both photos below.......

TNTtoys
02-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Greg Walker is the seller.

gorilla777
02-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Jim,
That is an obvious match, no doubt about it on this jacket. And it was originally a very cool item too.

Ben

otismalibu
02-27-2012, 05:05 PM
No big deal. He can sell it to diamondicons.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=40058

ironmanfan
02-27-2012, 06:04 PM
auction stopped by seller....

not surprised one bit unfortunately

yankees159
02-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Greg Walker contacted me regarding my post looking for Graig Nettles items in the wanted section, claiming to have a Nettles gu Yankees jacket. When I asked for pictures he said he changed his mind and did not want to sell. Maybe he realized you can get more for a Jackson jacket and nettles would never wear a xl. Anyway,Based on his past history I will never purchase anything from him.

flaco1801
02-27-2012, 08:55 PM
I was debating that jacket also....kinda knew it was going to be modified to be a gamer, but no overnight....

jppopma
02-27-2012, 11:03 PM
Too bad he's banned... sometimes I enjoy reading these peoples long list of excuses and explanations.

Nice heads up Jim. Too bad it looks like the original listing was pulled and not completed on Ebay, so there is no trail to follow there. I hope the original seller can come forth and say who he sold it to or at least if he was contacted by this other person.

JimCaravello
02-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Seller complimented me on good investigating!..... And sad to see this happening in the hobby - his first response to me indicated that "it looked like the jacket he sold with a 44 added"......

Hate to see people used the Wanted section ( Yankees159 comments ) and try to pass off altered and fake stuff.....