PDA

View Full Version : Charles Haley Jersey on eBay

short84
02-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Listed on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dallas-Cowboys-Charles-Haley-Jersey-/170783537699?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c37dfa23

I could not find a photomatch for this one on Getty.

It is listed in the game used memorabilia classification. The seller states the following "What you cannot see are his sweat rings on the collar and other stains on the jersy that have been there since he took it off signed it and handed it to me"

This is a nice jersey but in my opinion not game used. I would keep this in mind if I were placing a bid on it. Note the location of the Cowboys Star logo under the neck (the one on eBay is off to the side) and the location of the Apex logos on the sleeves. The Getty images used are from 2 different games.

solarlottry
02-19-2012, 11:31 AM
This reminds me of another ebay shirt from a few months ago, a Troy Aikman i think, that had the same issues. There is a thread about it and the similar issues that shirt had compared to this one.

The star placement and color were off as was the tag placement, I believe. The shirt could not be photo-matched either. It still sold for a fair amount.

The Haley on ebay does not look like a gamer as he put considerable use into his shirts! Notice the collar in the game images-it appears to be custom. The star is also way off.

The thing about this style of shirt is that it was only worn for a few games during the 1994 season (a Cowboys expert can correct me at any time as I could be mistaken). I would think that a quick look at the few games that this style shirt was worn, would rule it in or out.

Charles Haley shirts are notoriously difficult to come by. I do not think I have seen a legit gamer of his for years. A 49er gamer was sold by AMI years ago but it didnt have the use a typical late 80s Haley should have.

I was fortunate to be able to acquire my Haley via a 49er collector who was quite close to Bronco and who had to be convinced by a stack of $$$, to part with it.

It is a complete joke that he is not in the HOF yet!!! 100.5 sacks and 5 SB rings!!! If that is not HOF material, then what is??? I think that the voters still hold his behavior against him.

He has bipolar disorder and spoke out about the disease and his fight against it. That alone is not easy. He was surly, wild, unpredictable but a beast of a pass rusher. Without him the balance of power in the NFC does not shift to the Cowboys and the 49ers win at least another 2 SBs!

He was Bill Walsh's draft pick, out of James Madison and when Seifert took over, he was not happy. The team put up with his running around the locker room naked, swinging his 12 inch penis around or putting on an unsuspecting teammates shoulder, as long as the sacks kept coming. The last straw was cutting a hole in top of Tim Harris's convertible BMV and pissing on the seat!!!

Jimmie Johnson could not believe his good fortune when they acquired Haley and thought the 49ers were nuts for letting him go. He was right as Haley was the missing link which propelled the Cowboys to 3 SBs in 4 years!

He revolutionized the elephant position that is so common today and he damn well better be in the HOF!

Always buying 49ers gamers!
Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

slats7
02-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Totally fake. The "Dallas star" logo on the chest in the wrong spot; the shoulder stars are too small; and the Apex logos on the sleeves are in the wrong place.

short84
02-19-2012, 02:44 PM
While looking at the photographs from Getty images, I also noticed the jersey(s) worn by Charles Haley have white trimmed (cuffed) sleeves -- the one on eBay does not.

nevrdiez34
02-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Ha, I could've done without the swinging dick story, but great information!

slats7
02-20-2012, 02:56 PM
I asked the seller who the Boys were playing when he allegedly received the jersey from Haley.

They played the Oakland Raiders in a pre-season (more of a scrimmage) game on media day.

I seriously doubt that Haley and his teammates would have been wearing fancy game jerseys during a mere scrimmage in August.

Anyway, here's a pic showing the star logo on the far left of his chest vs. Philly in December of '94. But other parts of the jersey still don't add up.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/483/5389136.jpg

slab0meat
02-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Just to be clear, it's the far *right* of his chest...