PDA

View Full Version : No pistol for the Colt .45's

Jeffredsfan
02-18-2012, 03:24 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/shoot-mlb-cuts-pistols-colt-45s-throwback-jerseys-221044934.html

Thoughts??

NEFAN
02-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Just another "Liberty" being taken away right from under our noses. This time in the name of Political Correctness. Total BS!

both-teams-played-hard
02-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the link. A great comment on that blog: take away the devil ray logo, also cause one killed Steve Irwin.
Guns don't kill people. People don't kill people. Bullets kill people.

both-teams-played-hard
02-18-2012, 07:04 PM
Just another "Liberty" being taken away right from under our noses. This time in the name of Political Correctness. Total BS!
If someone in your family got shot and killed, you might think different.

None of your "liberties" are being taken away or infringed. It's just a baseball logo on a baseball jersey.

otismalibu
02-18-2012, 07:10 PM
Guns don't kill people. People don't kill people. Bullets kill people.

They're not the Bullets anymore - they're the Wizards.

both-teams-played-hard
02-18-2012, 07:15 PM
They're not the Bullets anymore - they're the Wizards.
Sure. Like a Warlock you practices voodoo and witch craft? I feel safe now.

cjclong
02-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Saying guns don't kill people, bullets kill people is silly. I've never heard of a person being killed by a bullet thrown at them. Some people use guns to shoot bullets to kill people. We need responsible gun ownership and I say this as person who owns guns and has a concealed handgun permit. Now, why don't we get off politics and back to sports issues. I'm tired of people putting politics into this forum.

Jeffredsfan
02-18-2012, 08:44 PM
Saying guns don't kill people, bullets kill people is silly. I've never heard of a person being killed by a bullet thrown at them. Some people use guns to shoot bullets to kill people. We need responsible gun ownership and I say this as person who owns guns and has a concealed handgun permit. Now, why don't we get off politics and back to sports issues. I'm tired of people putting politics into this forum.

That was the reason why I posted the link - for the aspect of discussing a throwback jersey that can't be portrayed as it was originally issued.

cohibasmoker
02-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Yes - removing the pistol from the logo does make me feel safer.

I had heard Months ago they were going to have a pistol on their throwbacks and I was really worried that kids and adults would think the Astros were glorifying guns and everyone would run out and buy a gun so they can be just like the Astros. - that's a big weight off of my back.

Good for the Astros, the USA will be a safer place now that a pistol logo was removed from their throwback uniforms.

Just an opinion.

frikativ54
02-18-2012, 10:01 PM
Ridiculous. History is about acknowledging the past, and the Astros should have been allowed to wear uniforms that were just like the ones they donned years ago. I have seen pics of Jeff Bagwell wearing a Colt .45s throwback, and I'm sure his wearing it didn't encourage kids to shoot each other. Certainly enough, it didn't encourage me to kill anybody.

NEFAN
02-18-2012, 10:18 PM
Oh, I forgot. Guns don't kill people, bullets either, it's logo's on a jersey. We don't lose anything. What was I thinking.

both-teams-played-hard
02-18-2012, 11:42 PM
Saying guns don't kill people, bullets kill people is silly.
It's a Chris Rock joke.

Skizzick
02-19-2012, 05:50 AM
This is a great day for America, people. How else are we going to keep our children from knowing that guns are real things?

But are we all ignoring the fact that the Braves jersey still features a Tomahawk, a very deadly yet oh so cool weapon?

cohibasmoker
02-19-2012, 07:31 AM
This is a great day for America, people. How else are we going to keep our children from knowing that guns are real things?

But are we all ignoring the fact that the Braves jersey still features a Tomahawk, a very deadly yet oh so cool weapon?

Excellent point. We can't have that type of symbolism in America - next thing you know kids in the Atlanta area will be going out, buying Tomahawks and chopping peoples heads off. Major league baseball and the "politically correct police" will target the Braves next - oops, can I say "target"?

Just an opinion.

both-teams-played-hard
02-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Excellent point. We can't have that type of symbolism in America - next thing you know kids in the Atlanta area will be going out, buying Tomahawks and chopping peoples heads off. Major league baseball and the "politically correct police" will target the Braves next - oops, can I say "target"?

Major League Baseball is a private business and can make their own rules to insure they make the most money. The "politically correct police" don't have much power over pro sports, obviously. Just ask Chief Wahoo or the Washington Redskins.

Skizzick
02-19-2012, 11:04 AM

Just an opinion.
OH NO! Don't say target! The politically correct police will be all over us. After they take care of the braves, they should move on to to the Tigers, as Tigers kill many people in India and Bangladesh each year. Then the Rangers and Pirates because Rangers and Pirates have used guns and we all know guns are bad. Then we move onto the Indians, because that's just racist. But they can be allowed to change their name to the Cleveland American Indians or Native Americans. After they fix the Cubs (because Cubs grow into Bears that kill people), they can take care of the Diamondbacks and their poisonous, people-killing venom, as well as the Marlins, because their noses are very sharp and could kill somebody. Of course the Brewers have to go because we can't expose our kids to beer, and Yankee is a derogatory word for a person from the Northern US, so that has to go as well. We can leave the Rays alone, though, because they don't specifically identify themselves as stingrays, so they could be manta rays or eagle rays for all we know.

Then the MLB will be clean and our children will be safe.

both-teams-played-hard
02-19-2012, 11:12 AM
It irks me when people are sensitive about things that don't bother me.

Skizzick
02-19-2012, 11:16 AM
It irks me when people are sensitive about things that don't bother me.
It irks me when people don't pick up on sarcasm.

jppopma
02-19-2012, 12:10 PM
I think all teams should wear pink jerseys with PC team names. We would all be so much safer and it would cut down on the horrible violence that goes on on the fields.

All these years of making fun of Ohio State, being names for a nut (or candy) and having pink and grey as their colors...they were just ahead of their PC time.

cohibasmoker
02-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Major League Baseball is a private business and can make their own rules to insure they make the most money. The "politically correct police" don't have much power over pro sports, obviously. Just ask Chief Wahoo or the Washington Redskins.

How about the Astros?

BoneRubbedBat
02-19-2012, 05:02 PM
All of us in Houston forgot we had a team.

R. C. Walker
02-19-2012, 05:51 PM
I was extremely offended when my own San Diego Padres reverted back to this violent image of a Franciscan Monk swinging a baseball bat! I hope they reconsider this inappropriate image.