PDA

View Full Version : First Photo Matched Piece!

scottanservitz
10-01-2006, 09:55 AM
I just got my $5 Getty photos that I saw on another thread. I have been trying to photo match my '02 Corey Dillon home jersey. First I have to say that in my research, back in 2002 the Bengals stripes were all different. They all have the same patterns on the new uniforms. In my research I found three different patterns on Dillon homes. My pattern is the least pictured from what I found. I pinpointed it to two games against Tennessee and Tampa Bay. I have found all three jerseys since I bought mine from Authenticgamers in auctions. Two are hemmed and one isn't, which appears correct from photos and cards that I found. Now to my jersey findings. When I got the pics, I matched up multiple threads, which the best one I don't think I can get to show on the posted pics, but I will try. It also has an abrasion on the left shoulder area that matches. This too is hard to show up on pics due to the sheen and glare of the camera. I will show you what I found and hopefully it will come out ok. All in all, alot of fun researching and now on to the next challenge.

scottanservitz
10-01-2006, 09:57 AM
One more pic.
Scott

indyred
10-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Great research. Getting a nice photo match is almost as good as getting the jersey itself. Thanks for posting the pictures!

scottanservitz
10-01-2006, 03:54 PM
Indyred,
Thanks so much. I wish I could post better pics as the long orange thread on the bottom of the front 8 is actually visible in the actual photo. Also, the hemming on the card is identical to my jersey. When I showed my wife all these matches she was even amazed I was able to find these photos. I love it when guys come on here and show the photo matches. It inspired me to try and now onto the next one.
Scott