PDA

View Full Version : Crystal clear Getty photos from jgulinosports.com

gameused
09-30-2006, 10:48 PM
I just received a dozen 8x10 Getty images photos from www.jgulinosports.com (http://www.jgulinosports.com/) and just wanted to say that the photos are crystal clear and printed on high quality Kodak paper and for $5 a photo their definitely worth it. They took about a week and a half to arrive and Jay was quick to answer any questions that I had.

Thank's to Jay I was able to positively photo match a 2006 Coco Crisp Rawlings bat used vs the Oakland A's (the criss cross taped handle and small #10 on knob match perfectly with the Getty photo), a 2002 Albert Pujols Old Hickory bat vs the New York Mets, a 2004 Manny Ramirez M9 (wine colored) bat used against the San Francisco Giants and a 2005 HR derby B9 bat used by David Ortiz.

Bobby

Here's pics of the Coco and Pujols bat:

indyred
09-30-2006, 11:06 PM
Are those the photos you got back. Do they still have the getty images watermark on them? Nice photomatches. I'm going to give them a try. I wonder if they can do what Meigray can do and blow up portions of the photo for a clearer view......

Jonathan
09-30-2006, 11:34 PM
THANKS, I WILL SEND HIM A E-MAIL. I HAVE A GWYNN JERSEY I NEED TO PHOTO-MATCH. NICE PUJOLS BAT!, Would you be interested in selling it??

Thanks Again,
collectersgold@aol.com

gameused
09-30-2006, 11:56 PM
Are those the photos you got back. Do they still have the getty images watermark on them? Nice photomatches. I'm going to give them a try. I wonder if they can do what Meigray can do and blow up portions of the photo for a clearer view......

No watermarks and they are crystal clear, on one of the 2005 HR derby David Ortiz photo that I got you can actually see a ball seam impression on the barrel of the bat.

I asked Jay if you got a photo in a larger size say 11X10 or 16X20 would you have the same photo quality and he replied "they are all crystal clear no matter the size"

Bobby

gameused
10-01-2006, 12:01 AM
THANKS, I WILL SEND HIM A E-MAIL. I HAVE A GWYNN JERSEY I NEED TO PHOTO-MATCH. NICE PUJOLS BAT!, Would you be interested in selling it??

Thanks Again,
collectersgold@aol.com

Thank's for the offer but I'm going to hold on to the Pujols bat. The bat has also been photo matched to a Donruss baseball card. Good luck with your Gwynn jersey!

Thanks again, Bobby

scottanservitz
10-01-2006, 03:49 PM
I got these also and photomatched my Dillon jersey. It is in another thread. These pictures are crystal clear, take about a week to get and are of the highest quality. Highly recommended.
Scott

gameused
10-27-2006, 03:49 AM
Brian,

Thanks! It is a really nice Pujols gamer. Shortly after I got the bat I called Old Hickory bats, the owner checked the records and told me that only two of these two-tone bats were sent to Pujols in 2002.

I dont know if you noticed but the bat is signed by Pujols in black ink. He also signed his uniform #5, along with ROY 01 and the date 1-31-03 (when the bat was signed) I really dont want to sell it but I'm curious on what you would offer for it, you can e-mail me at hawaii_five0@yahoo.com

Thank you, Bobby

cjw
11-08-2006, 05:22 PM
I just rec'd 8 pics from Jay...excellent quality and quick turn-around.

metsbats
11-14-2006, 09:32 AM
The website for jgulinosports.com is down or suspended.

I've not received my order in month. Some photos that Jay sent were not properly sized and he promised to fix them and resend them.

Have gotten emails stating he would deliver but has never sent them.

Anyone else have issue w/ Jay?

David

gameused
11-15-2006, 02:05 AM
David,

I had a few photos that I ordered that arrived and were not full sized, I wanted them exactly as they appear on getty.

I e-mailed Jay and he corrected them without charging me and with fast turn around time.

Shoot him another e-mail, I see that his site is up and running now.

Bobby

otismalibu
11-15-2006, 10:26 AM
Bobby,

So Jay finally figured out how to fit the entire Getty Image on a page?

I was asking him about that, because some of mine were cropped a little too much. He said he could make them fit, but it would change the proportion. I was trying to explain that there should be a way to simply make the entire photo smaller, so that it fits on an 8x10 sheet. Even if this means the photo is now smaller than 8x10.

gameused
11-15-2006, 11:22 AM
Bobby,

So Jay finally figured out how to fit the entire Getty Image on a page?

I was asking him about that, because some of mine were cropped a little too much. He said he could make them fit, but it would change the proportion. I was trying to explain that there should be a way to simply make the entire photo smaller, so that it fits on an 8x10 sheet. Even if this means the photo is now smaller than 8x10.

When I got this Manny photo in the first time you could not see the entire bat it was cut off just below the Sam bat logo. I explained to Jay that I was photo matching the bat so I needed to see the entire bat, he explained that it might come out distorted, I told him thats OK. When the new photo arrived it was a little distorted but not that bad. I was able to clearly see the bat.

What I'm going to do next time is ask him for full images and if any of the pics will be distorted before he sends it out.

Bobby

otismalibu
11-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Yeah, that's what he told me. So if the photo is actually 8x11, then he must just sort of compress it from top to bottom. There must be another way.

I ordered a Dr. J. pic from an NBA/ABA exhibition game. Cool pic of Erving playing for the ABA Nets and Clyde Frazier of the NBA's Knicks also in the pic. But when I got the photo, Clyde had been cropped out. :(

Hard to complain for the price he's charging, but it would be nice to get the complete image, regardless of its proportion.

gameused
11-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Greg,

If you e-mail Jay ask him if you go with a larger size like an 11X10 if the image will still be distorted. I think a larger size may solve the distortion problem.

Bobby

metsbats
11-15-2006, 09:43 PM
David,

I had a few photos that I ordered that arrived and were not full sized, I wanted them exactly as they appear on getty.

I e-mailed Jay and he corrected them without charging me and with fast turn around time.

Shoot him another e-mail, I see that his site is up and running now.

Bobby

Thanks Bobby.

yes i saw it was back up.. I've emailed him several times. I'm sure hes good for it. does anyone know how to reach him by phone?

Thanks
David

metsbats
11-18-2006, 09:28 PM
All cleared up with Jay. My order got lost as he is a busy man (the price of success I guess).

He issued me a refund and I'll just resubmit my order again.

-David