PDA

View Full Version : Former Red Sox pitcher Boyd says he used cocaine

3arod13
02-10-2012, 04:27 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AjHAgWojFeoSYBfjStmmeZ0RvLYF?slug=ap-redsox-boyd-cocaine

cohibasmoker
02-10-2012, 07:49 AM
Poor Mr. Boyd - another victim.

Has Mr. Boyd ever heard of personal responsibility? Perhaps he should have hung around the hundreds of players that didn't use cocaine.

Just an opinion -

happyyoungster
02-10-2012, 09:42 AM
A popular 1980's pro athlete ingested cocaine!!???
OMG...I never would've guessed this...

ironmanfan
02-10-2012, 09:51 AM
I think the other thing to keep in mind is that Boyd has a book coming out shortly and is trying to generate "newsworthy" publicity to hopefully drum up sales.....

frikativ54
02-10-2012, 12:23 PM
I think the other thing to keep in mind is that Boyd has a book coming out shortly and is trying to generate "newsworthy" publicity to hopefully drum up sales.....

What you're saying about sales totally makes sense. Otherwise, I don't see his drug use as newsworthy by any stretch of the imagination.

ironmanfan
02-12-2012, 10:47 AM
What you're saying about sales totally makes sense. Otherwise, I don't see his drug use as newsworthy by any stretch of the imagination.

You don't think a pitcher who admitted that he probably pitched under the influence of cocaine in every major league ballaprk during a 10 year career is newsworthy?

Let me ask you this, do you consider the death of Whitney Houston "newsworthy?"

jppopma
02-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Does cocaine qualify as a PED?

I guess "Crackpipe" Boyd or "Strawman" Boyd were already taken back in the 80's.