PDA

View Full Version : Robert Edwards Auctions

legaleagle92481
02-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Is Robert Edwards a good place to consign game used stuff to? I know they do big card business but I am curious if the same applies to jerseys. The jerseys in question are modern football. I want to get the best price possible on some high end stuff. If not who is better? Thanks alot.

nickacs
02-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Yes, REA always has top notch game worn jerseys in their auctions. You can look on their site and look at past results or type in key words. IMO, I consider them one of the "elite" auction houses for game worn jerseys, as most of them come with MEARS provenances and I don't I've ever seen a questionable lot, unlike A LOT of other auction houses.

Begin an NBA collector mostly, there's several nice Jordan jerseys with great provenances have been auctioned and other MLB/NBA/NFL stars. A lot of the provenances are from MEARS and team letters.
Their big star lots seem always get pretty good monies if you look at past results.

I've never consigned to REA, but others IMO to get the most dollars, GFC, HA and Lelands always seem to do well. I've consigned jerseys to GFC and Lelands last year and got great/higher than expected dollars in both.

David
02-09-2012, 11:34 AM
Won't specifically address game used, but REA has a big following, is highly respected, only offers high end stuff and has just one auction a year. Because of this they tend to get top prices for all the material the offer, card and non-card. It's a high end auction house.

David
02-09-2012, 11:38 AM
More specifically, they get good prices for game used. But they can be picky about what they accept-- which is part of how the get good prices.