PDA

View Full Version : Bricol Auction House Warning And Info

kesseldawg
02-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Fellow members: I wanted share with you some information I got today, which is distressing to say the least. We all know that Bricol is what it is, however I did have a decent relationship with them for a while, and a year ago, they sold a jersey of mine and although Sharon told me Brian was sick and things were crazy there, "I mailed the check on Monday." That was 8 months ago and they neither answer phone calls or respond to emails now. I sued them in California Small Claims Court and my case was to be heard today. Turns out you cannot sue someone in small claims court in CA unless you can serve them in the state. This means Brian Collard, Sharon Collard, and Bricol Sports Auction have basically stolen my jersey (the correct legal term would be "conversion"). While I realize that most people on this forum are very knowledgeable, I am posting this to save any newbies from getting taken like I did. I gave them every chance to pay me, and they ignored me, knowing I couldn't touch them. The judge told me to be careful when consigning to online auctions, as they must be registered in YOUR state if you want to sue them, unless you know when they're in your state visiting and you can serve them at that time. Lesson learned by me...the hard way.

Jeffredsfan
02-04-2012, 12:24 PM
I feel bad for you 'Dawg. :mad: I appreciate you sharing the info.

rose14
02-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Why don't you just file a small claims filing in Florida? I know some states let you do it through the mail. If it is a big dollar amount it would be worth the time of having to go to Florida when the case is heard.

sarahsdad
02-05-2012, 11:49 AM
Kessekdawg,
I have been where you are, as have others on this Forum. A phone call to the Piniellas County Sheriffs department has worked very well in the past for myself and a few others who have been in your situation with Bricol. They will pay Shannon a visit at her home, which I know for a fact she despises however it has happened so frequently you would think she would be used to it by now. The Sheriff will once again explain to her how she has stolen your property and she either needs to return it or pay for it. I have sent the sheriff to her house and within a matter of days have gotten a phone call from her telling me how I did not have to send the Sheriff out and shortly thereafter have received a check. A phone call to the Florida State's attorney is also very effective. Internet shearches will get you all the contact info you need for the various agencies. I no longer do business with them and have discarded the contact info for the Sheriff and State's attorney. Good luck.
Sarahsdad

commando
02-05-2012, 09:43 PM
If you happened to mail them your item, you can also call the Postal Inspectors office, as this qualifies as mail fraud.

kesseldawg
02-07-2012, 06:28 PM
If you happened to mail them your item, you can also call the Postal Inspectors office, as this qualifies as mail fraud.

Great idea! Thanks. And thanks to the others who have posted some good ideas as well. It's a shame this guy is still allowed to be in business.

commando
02-07-2012, 06:49 PM
When you speak with the Postal Inspector, remember to casually mention how much you appreciate the work they've done this past year to crack down on sports collectibles fraud (the Inspector you speak with may or may not be aware of what happened at this past year's National Convention, as well as other sports busts done recently).

If you can get them to realize that the ball is already rolling, they'll be that much more interested in helping you out!

Neely8
02-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Honestly I don't even know how they are still in business due to all the negative information that is made public as to how they conduct business not to mention every time I look to see what they are selling it's mostly just a bunch of crap.

gameon
02-10-2012, 11:36 AM
I hope things work out for you. It's just too bad you have to go through all the aggrevation and frustration, not to mention all of your time to get what your owed. I used to consign several items a month with them a couple of years ago and everything was fine. They were prompt on getting my money to me every month, then after awhile, my money wasnt being sent as fast and usually wouldnt see it until AFTER the next auction was over, and then well beyond that. I made numerous calls asking for my money and usually got no response. I could sense that they were getting into some financial problems, and thats when I stopped doing anymore business with them. Fortuneatly, I received all my money from them that they owed me. I still get emails from them asking me to consign, but just shake my head and delete them. Keep us posted on your outcome and good luck!!