PDA

View Full Version : Eli Jersey being sold twice

legaleagle92481
02-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Folks the banned member who attempted to sell the Marino jersey despite having everyone tell him it was not real last year is at it again. He is auctioning an Eli Manning jersey on Ebay that he also has in the Hunt's Super Bowl auction. Here is the Ebay link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GAME-WORN-2010-ELI-MANNING-NEW-YORK-GIANTS-JERSEY-SIGNED-AND-INSCRIBED-/270904834026?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f132fb7ea

and here it is on Hunt's:

http://www.huntauctions.com/live/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=35&lot_num=1&lot_qual=h

The jersey appears legit its the fact that he is selling it in both places that I am pointing out so noone gets ripped off.

fbchiefs879
02-02-2012, 08:49 PM
at it again huh? jersey was taken off of ebay today, no one was getting ripped off. nice try buddy, maybe before coming to accusations you should ask the person who is "ripping people off" what the deal is. Its a legit jersey from what I can see, and its only for sale on hunts super bowl auction.

earlywynnfan
02-02-2012, 09:30 PM
at it again huh? jersey was taken off of ebay today, no one was getting ripped off. nice try buddy, maybe before coming to accusations you should ask the person who is "ripping people off" what the deal is. Its a legit jersey from what I can see, and its only for sale on hunts super bowl auction.

Why was it listed on ebay the same time it was being auctioned at Hunt's?

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

fbchiefs879
02-03-2012, 09:17 AM
it was on ebay before being sent to hunts, then once it was received and was on the hunt site was taken down from ebay. I guess some people like to spark controversy once they see something they think is wrong. The seller wanted to make sure it would be listed on the hunts site before taking it down off ebay since it had 2 current bids on ebay already.

nickacs
02-03-2012, 10:21 AM
it was on ebay before being sent to hunts, then once it was received and was on the hunt site was taken down from ebay. I guess some people like to spark controversy once they see something they think is wrong. The seller wanted to make sure it would be listed on the hunts site before taking it down off ebay since it had 2 current bids on ebay already.

Actually your incorrect, as the Eli jersey at Hunt's has been on their auction website for bidding since their auction opened about 2 weeks ago.

I know because I placed a bid on it on Hunt's auction site last week, which is well before the same jersey being taken off Ebay yesterday.

I think the point of the OP is that the Ebay/GUU member 'slipknot' posted a thread here several months ago about a supposed "game worn" Dan Marino jersey that was proven fake, yet he still listed it on Ebay as "game worn" knowing full well he was wrong in doing so.
It was just odd seeing the exact same jersey in two places, at the same time. At least he did the right thing by taking it down off Ebay.

Mulligans
02-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Actually your incorrect, as the Eli jersey at Hunt's has been on their auction website for bidding since their auction opened about 2 weeks ago.

I know because I placed a bid on it on Hunt's auction site last week, which is well before the same jersey being taken off Ebay yesterday.

Guys.....just to chime in. The Eli Jersey was mine until just a few days ago when I forwarded it to Billy. There is no way on earth it could have been posted on the Hunt Auction site. When Billy received it, he posted it on Ebay and then made a decision to pull it and repost it on Hunt.....Probably a very bright move as the Hunt Auction prices are out of this world right now!

I think that we all need to take a big deep breath......;)

fbchiefs879
02-03-2012, 12:24 PM
thanks jeff :)

legaleagle92481
02-03-2012, 01:29 PM
I had pointed it out for two reasons:

1.) So those who had bid on it had a heads up. If I bid on an item and it suddenly disappeared from Ebay I would appreciate it if someone had given me that heads up that it was available somewhere else. Otherwise, I would assume that it was another one of those situations where the seller got an offer sold it offline and pulled it. As we all know this happens everyday on Ebay and its extremely frustrating to bidders. Not everyone is closely following the Hunts Auction.

2.) If someone would sell a jersey they almost certainty know is bad (the Marino last year), is it really a stretch to think that such person would not sell an item twice? Especially an item that will fetch between five and ten grand (that is the Hunt Auction estimate on the item).

So I don't think there was anything wrong with my post. If your going to consign an item to Hunts end your Ebay auction and then do so. There was an overlap of at least several hours, whose to say that my post did not motivate him to end the auction?

fbchiefs879
02-03-2012, 06:38 PM
I am, because I ended it before I checked on here. You sparked a controversy about something that was already taken care of, and if it had not been taken care of, why not send a message on ebay letting the person know your concerns before making it public that something "bad" is going on? Regarding the Marino, that happened a year ago when i was brand new to the hobby, and that's still not to say that everyones opinion isn't different, including mine. I'm a believer in if you have a problem with someone, go to that person, and THEN if the issue wasn't resolved, go to the forum. It seems a bit silly to start a random post telling everyone to be careful, and then bringing up an incident that happened a year ago that was a matter of judgement. Have I made objectionable decisions? Yes. Do I regret them? No. Did I learn from them? Absolutely. That being said, Im done commenting on this and am moving on. I just felt like I needed to say something about this since the Eli jersey is mine, and yes, I GOT IT 2 DAYS AGO, so whoever said that they bid on it weeks ago....maybe you dreamt it?

gnishiyama
02-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Not sure how long the Eli jersey was on Hunts website but I received an email
subject line:" Eli Manning game used jersey just added to the Super Bowl XLVI
Live Auction!" from Hunts on 2/2

jppopma
02-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Fbchiefs, We often post things on the forum to warn and educate other buyers, don't take everything personally. Not sure how long you have been a lurker but it shows you have only been a member for a about a year. Here are some major issues that we have encountered in the past that would lead to legal's warning to other members:

There have been cases where ebay sellers will post items from auction houses which they do not own. By opening the item to a larger market on Ebay that may not know about the other auctions. The way this scam works is that if they sell on ebay (just before the end of the auction house), they will bid the amount to win it from the auction house and make the profit off a quick flip. If they sell on ebay and don't win in the auction house....yeah, they just cancel the ebay sale for some cheap reason.

The warning in these cases would be to protect bidders in either the auction house or ebay auction that something is not right.

Another case is that of ending items early on ebay. Maybe bidders budget and chose just what to place bids on. It gets really frustrating to miss out on another auction just to have the one you bid on ended early.

In the end, he is just looking to protect other members by saying something just doesn't look right. No more, no less.

Thanks Legal for the warnings.

fbchiefs879
02-04-2012, 02:58 PM
hey i appreciate your feedback, ad i agree that is a good thing to let other people be aware of. I guess my major concern was bringing something up from a year ago that was a mistake/bad judgement call/whatever you wanna call it, where a marino was posted on ebay, and thats still being brought up and used against me when the reality is i technically did nothing wrong, i asked the opinion of many people on a jersey, some told me it was real, others not, so i decided to put it up on ebay and see how it did. anyway, i appreciate your feedback and im sorry for all of this drama