PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XLVI

Copa
01-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Last night, I drunkenly decided I'd like to take a last-second trip to Indy for the Super Bowl...problem is, hotel prices are outrageous.

Anyone have any tips of where I could look for a room that isn't four times the price of a normal room? I'm just looking to road trip from Detroit and enjoy the festivities, so I'm not real picky!

Thanks for any info!!

Mulligans
01-23-2012, 09:06 PM
Best deal in town.....rent an RV and have a blast!:)

legaleagle92481
01-23-2012, 10:02 PM
Are you going to the game or just partying?

Copa
01-24-2012, 01:42 AM
Just looking to party and hangout...if the right deal came along, I'd love to go to the game, but as it stands, I'm just planning on soaking up the atmosphere.

dplettn
01-24-2012, 03:22 PM
Does anyone have advice for a good venue to sell their super bowl tickets (other than eBay *which I hate*)

TicketExchange requires physically sending your tickets to them even before the tickets sell, and from what I heard last year Stubhub is the same way.

The tickets have bar codes and holographs, etc, it wouldn't seem to be necessary.

legaleagle92481
01-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Does anyone have advice for a good venue to sell their super bowl tickets (other than eBay *which I hate*)

TicketExchange requires physically sending your tickets to them even before the tickets sell, and from what I heard last year Stubhub is the same way.

The tickets have bar codes and holographs, etc, it wouldn't seem to be necessary.

They do that so you can't sell them more than once. At those prices I can definitely see people pulling that. Then you end up with people spending an arm and a leg on travel, food and rooms to get turned away at the gate because the ticket won't scan because someone used another copy of it already. Try Craigs List list in the Boston and New York areas you'll get plenty of interest. Then take Paypal payments and charge them for overnight mail. No transaction fees besides the Paypal fee.

jppopma
01-24-2012, 10:43 PM
I hate it when I start drinking in Detroit and wake up in Indy....

...for a place to stay, keep on drinking and find a nice local chick at the bar. Maybe she will have a spare couch that you can crash on.

You have started down the fine path of a drunken road trip, plans are not an option.:D

Seriously, I have heard that hotel prices are expensive even an hour out from the city.

legaleagle92481
01-25-2012, 09:48 AM
I hate it when I start drinking in Detroit and wake up in Indy....

...for a place to stay, keep on drinking and find a nice local chick at the bar. Maybe she will have a spare couch that you can crash on.

You have started down the fine path of a drunken road trip, plans are not an option.:D

Seriously, I have heard that hotel prices are expensive even an hour out from the city.

New York Daily News said $400 and up a night with most requiring a four night minimum stay.

Copa
01-25-2012, 09:49 AM
[quote=jppopma;282431]I hate it when I start drinking in Detroit and wake up in Indy....

/quote]

HAHA a lot of good points made here! I think at this point we're just to drive there and wing it...worst case scenario, we crash in the car for a couple of nights, but if we play our cards right, we can find someone to put us up...if nothing else, I see some good stories coming out of this road trip!

otismalibu
01-25-2012, 10:02 AM
In Tampa, we had a place booked but it was nearly an hour away. When we arrived at the airport, my buddy calls a Tampa hotel that was advertised on the airport wall. No chance, I'm thinking...day before the SB. The woman says they have plenty of rooms, but we need to register at some odd website. Sounds like a scam, but we break out the laptop in the airport and book a room for 3 nights. It was $160 or $180 a night.

Some guy had bought up every room and was looking to make some money. But his website must not have attracted many hits, because the hotel was almost completely empty. People were paying over $500/night in that area and this place was a ghost town. And a short walk to the Press Box :)