PDA

View Full Version : Mastronet w/ Lampson LOA's

allstarsplus
09-29-2006, 01:41 PM
I found this interesting. I don't know if these jerseys were submitted with Lampson COAs attached or they came after the fact.

I just started going through the football jerseys on the new Mastronet and the Darrell Green jersey comes with Mears and a Lampson.

This John Riggins only comes with a Lampson:

Practice certainly made perfect for Hall of Fame running back John Riggins, and offered here is a Washington Redskins practice jersey that was worn by the gridiron great during the 1970s. This item was originally used during official games, but was later modified for practice use. The burgundy mesh, pullover garment displays Riggins' number "44" heat-pressed to the front, back and at both sleeves in white characters. The lower left tail features a pair of "Sand-Knit" manufacturer's tags, which display the jersey's size "46," and the area at which the name plate was once stitched exhibits evidence of the nameplate's removal. Also, as was customary for Riggins, the sleeves have been trimmed so as to provide for maximum comfort. Overall, this practice and game used exemplar demonstrates wonderful use with team repairs at the sleeves and modest separations evident. LOA from Lou Lampson.

sportscentury
09-29-2006, 02:55 PM
Andrew,

Are they all football jerseys? Perhaps they are working with Lampson on football jerseys and uniforms. For all of the heat that he takes on GUF, there have been many posts that have recognized him as the most knowledgeable expert in vintage and pre-modern football uniforms. I don't collect football, but I have heard this from many people, both on and off the forum.

Reid

allstarsplus
09-29-2006, 03:48 PM
I deal in Redskins game used jerseys. Heard Mastronet had some. Went to the website and did a search and saw Lampson and exited out after a few minutes.

I never looked at any of the baseball uni's.

On the Darrell Green it got the wonderful "5" rating from MEARs. Don't know what Lampson said about the same jersey as it comes with both LOAs.

sportscentury
09-29-2006, 03:53 PM
I deal in Redskins game used jerseys. Heard Mastronet had some. Went to the website and did a search and saw Lampson and exited out after a few minutes.

I never looked at any of the baseball uni's.

On the Darrell Green it got the wonderful "5" rating from MEARs. Don't know what Lampson said about the same jersey as it comes with both LOAs.

Oh. Didn't realize that. I've always thought of you as a baseball guy. I received the Mastro catalog recently ... so I'll flip through it and see (I'm the opposite as I usually skip over the football stuff).

Have a good weekend,
Reid

allstarsplus
09-29-2006, 04:23 PM
Reid - You have a great weekend too!

We do all the local teams in Baltimore & Washington including Orioles, Nationals, Ravens, Redskins, Capitals and Wizards.

Darrell Green jerseys do well in Washington.

The jersey on Mastronet looks perfect as far as tagging, size, Adidas, etc. My opinion is definitely a game jersey. Just can't see any wear which is probably why it got a "5" from MEARs. Curious to see what Lou said!

Take care, Andrew