PDA

View Full Version : Orioles Fanfest 2012

geoff
01-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Anyone else going to Orioles fanfest this Saturday January 21 2012?I will be there most of the day.

geof631@yahoo.com

Thanks
Geoff

sugarpam
01-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Anyone else going to Orioles fanfest this Saturday January 21 2012?I will be there most of the day.

geof631@yahoo.com

Thanks
Geoff

Geoff, if you're heading to the Orioles fanfest this weekend, is there any way you can help me pick up any Jeremy Accardo game used equipment? Are the prices usually reasonable?

Either way, have a great time!

-Pam
vannormanp@hotmail.com

geoff
01-20-2012, 12:27 AM
I will look and see if they have anything Accardo.The prices are high in the morning but go down during the day most of the time.I saw he signed with The Indians.

sugarpam
01-20-2012, 01:53 AM
I will look and see if they have anything Accardo.The prices are high in the morning but go down during the day most of the time.I saw he signed with The Indians.

Thanks Geoff! I sent you an e-mail about this. And thanks for the info on Accardo signing with the Indians, I hadn't seen that yet!

-Pam

dcgreg25
01-20-2012, 09:00 AM
I am heading up in the afternoon after my son's basketball game. Shoot me an email if you want to connect.

jwasserman
01-21-2012, 04:16 PM
It's probably been since the last fanfest that I posted. I haven't been collecting much but I can never pass up a day to hang out with collectors and talk baseball. Got to see Jeff, Fred, Patrick and a few other board members which is always nice too.

Once again, prices continued their creep. Jerseys were up to $200 this year ($80 for BP) and bats were $100 for unused, $150 for GU. GU Lineup cards were $40, baseballs were $20, batting gloves were $30 a piece (not a pair), and batting helmets were $80. Pretty high for a team with only a few marquee players.

BUT the good news is that there was probably more quality this year than I can remember in year's past. Markakis, Jones, Wieters, Roberts, and even Vlad were all well-represented with multiple jerseys, bats, and hats.

My haul was light as I wanted to limit my spending this year.

*Matt Wieters Game Used Batting Helmet (hammered)
*Vlad Guerrero GU Stars and Stripes 4th of July hat (it's light on use but came MLB authenticated)
*BRob GU Stars and Stripes 4th of July hat- if he wore this, it was from the dugout. Shows no use and doesn't have an mlb sticker
*Markakis game used batting glove (I put back about 7 others)

Hopefully, the other forum members post their haul as the ones I saw came away with an incredible haul.

jwasserman
01-21-2012, 04:28 PM
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/fanfest%202012/ff6.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/fanfest%202012/ff4.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/fanfest%202012/ff5.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/fanfest%202012/ff1.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/fanfest%202012/ff3.jpg

BergerKing22784
01-21-2012, 04:33 PM
I didnt buy anything but your right the prices were really high this year... $200 for the no names to me was pretty crazy... There was jerseys of the Accardo guy you were talking about..........

I didnt even bother flipping through the stuff when I saw the prices...

Chris78
01-23-2012, 08:22 AM
The game used prices early on were too high in my opinion. Unless you were buying jerseys or bats of Roberts, Markakis, Wieters, Guerrero, Jones, etc. they are not worth buying at those prices. They do drop prices as the day goes on, but when I returned at those times of the drop I did not find a lot I wanted to buy anyway (I did get Willie Randolph home with "Flanny" patch for $80). I thought the best deal was the 4th of July hats and I ended up buying many of the ones that were authenticated, but none of the big names when I got there were left. I did get Luke Scott, Jake Arrieta, and Zach Britton that were authenticated in the ones I did buy.

I determined this year with the Orioles Fanfest is that you want to buy the autograph vouchers the first day they come out; otherwise, for me, it may not be worth going. I did get Jim Palmer in one of the signings (I collect HOF players), but Brian Roberts cancelled in the other one although I did get JJ Hardy on a ball. I had Brian Matusz sign a ball as well.

Chris

geoff
01-24-2012, 03:04 PM
My pickups at Orioles 2012 fanfest.A few of these items will be available.

Game used 2011 Orioles helmets
Brian Roberts
Derek Lee
JJ Hardy
Blake Davis
Mark Reynolds
Nolan Reimold

2009 MLB Authenticated game used helmet won in a silent auction
Adam Jones Signed game used helmet

Adam Jones 2009 game used pants

2 Mark Reynolds 2011 game used bats.1 bat is MLB Authenticated

Game used hats
Luke Scott
Brian Matusz July 4th
Mark Reynolds July 4th MLB Authenticated

Game used jerseys

2 Brian Roberts Road Grey
Brian Roberts BP jersey
Adam Jones BP Jersey
Luke Scott Road Grey
Brandon Snyder BP jersey
Brandon Snyder Home White
Nolan Reimold
2 Jeremy Accardo jerseys.These have been sold.

It was great seeing and hanging with a few forum members and talking baseball all day.

Thanks
Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

shaunharr
01-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Geoff,

If you are looking to get any Brandon Snyder items signed, email me and I should be able to help you out when the season comes

Best,
Shaun
baseballismylifesmh@yahoo.com

geoff
01-25-2012, 03:25 AM
Shaun will do and thanks for the post and help if needed.

rays54
01-25-2012, 11:59 AM
geoff
unable to email you. Contact me regards availability of orioles items

AROD313
01-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Anyone get some Vlad items? Really looking for a Vlad Guerrero game used O's jersey. Email me if you have one or have access. Thanks
Jowieser@yahoo.com

geoff
01-25-2012, 11:20 PM
Rays54 what is your email adress so I can contact you.

Thanks
Geoff

rays54
01-25-2012, 11:39 PM
charsman6 at aol dot com
thanks

geoff
01-26-2012, 12:40 AM
Email sent out to you.

Thanks
Geoff