PDA

View Full Version : JO Sports using multiple eBay seller id's

gingi79
01-18-2012, 08:32 PM
Please don't derail this thread with your opinions of JO whether they be positive or negative. I am relaying information I unfortunately came across by having a best offer accepted by a seller I thought had nothing to do with them.

Imagine my great disappointment when I found out I somehow just bought something from JO on eBay. Hope he does the right thing and just cancels as I have no interest in any of their crap

New seller id is "calm6676"

frikativ54
01-18-2012, 09:00 PM
Thanks for letting us know. I will watch out for that eBay ID, in case I ever buy something football-related for my brother. There was nothing in any of the pictures that alerted you that it was JO?

FWIW, I am on JO's email list but have never signed up for anything nor have had a transaction with them. I'm assuming it's because I have my email public on this site.

short84
01-18-2012, 09:19 PM
They have been selling under account calm6676 for quite some time -- this account has been registered with eBay since 2001. Most of their newer items are under the j.o.sportsco account name. I have noticed most of their listing under calm6676 are older listings with very few new items added once in a while. Most of their listings are under the j.o.sportsco which has been active since 2008. I have purchased items from both accounts with no problems so I assume both accounts may be managed by the same person (I may be wrong). Both accounts use very similar photographs. The calm6676 account does state it is in Las Vegas, Nevada. Items listed do say they come with a JO Sports COA.

Titans74
01-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Many, if not most, Ebayers have multiple accounts. No breaking news here.

Flamechicken
01-18-2012, 11:35 PM
Many, if not most, Ebayers have multiple accounts. No breaking news here.

What's the benefit of having multiple accounts?

David
01-19-2012, 01:26 AM
A seller of lots of stuff might have two accounts to, say, sell non-sport on one and sports on the other. Or shoes and clothing versus computer parts and software. I've seen that sort of thing done before, and they often overtly advertise the other account.