PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with this Peanut Tillman jersey?

legaleagle92481
01-15-2012, 02:48 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHARLES-TILLMAN-CHICAGO-BEARS-GAME-WORN-USED-JERSEY-COA-PHOTOMATCHED-PROOF-/330672336921?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cfd9b7019

Why does this have a Game Excclusives COA and a JO thermapatch?

legaleagle92481
01-17-2012, 10:23 AM
To clarify my post I think someone may have switched a COA here. Why would JO issue a Game Exclusives COA with one of their jerseys? Sometimes they sell stuff acquired from 3rd parties but I believe they always also include their own COA as well and such is not mentioned in the listing. Also was Game Exclusives even in business in 2007? The price also seems absurdly low for a pro bowler's jersey, especially a Bears'. I have noticed the Bears guys go for huge money normally even for the lesser guys, let alone the stars. I just wanted to point this all out because I know alot there are alot of Bears collectors and fans out there and I don't want to see someone possibly get burned.

BU54CB
01-17-2012, 02:51 PM
I don't know what the realationship between game exclusives and JO is, you'd have to ask on the Bears GU thread.

I owned that jersey at one time and sold it to another GUU member. The jersey is 100% game used and photo matched, the certificate correctly states the game the jersey was used in and signed by the Bears equipment manager. Many Tillman jerseys are selling in that price range on the secondary market, JO had his jerseys around that price during the black Friday sale.

I have a Tillman orange alternate with the same type of certificate and holograms and have no qualms with it.

neverfinished94
01-17-2012, 07:38 PM
This happens to be my jersey. I purchased it from BU54CB last year. I have decided to take my collection in a different direction since I dont have the room to display all the items that I would like. This is the COA that accompanied the jersey when I purchased it. I am selling it for exactly what I paid for it. Not looking to make any money just recoop what I paid for it.

For reference my Tommie Harris game used jersey (which I acquired from a different GUU member) also has a Game Exclusives COA and a JO Sports thermapatch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOMMIE-HARRIS-SIGNED-CHICAGO-BEARS-GAME-WORN-USED-JERSEY-COA-PHOTOMATCHED-PROOF-/330672331295?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cfd9b5a1f

I was able to photomatch both jerseys (as you can see in the auctions). I can assure you that I have no intentions of ripping anyone off.

TriplexXxSports
01-19-2012, 07:28 PM
To clarify - when Game Exclusive sold their company, they had inventory left and it was part of the buyout contract.

JO is the company that bought them out. This is why you see the varying COA/Thermapatch.