PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone with experience

3arod13
01-13-2012, 10:28 AM
I'm looking for someone with expereince and who is really good at writing descriptions for game used memorabilia items. Willing to pay of course for their time, but I need to ensure they have done so and are really good at doing it.

otismalibu
01-13-2012, 10:52 AM
You just need to take a page from every auction house item description.

First, copy and paste a few hundred words from the player's Wikipedia page. Just because someone is going to drop thousands on a HOFer's item, doesn't mean they actually know who he is.

Then you'll want to state exactly what is plainly visible in the photos.

Finally, make sure to throw in stuff like "impeccable source", "best example" and "countless photo matches".

Then reduce your text size for absolutely no returns!

3arod13
01-13-2012, 11:12 AM
You just need to take a page from every auction house item description.

First, copy and paste a few hundred words from the player's Wikipedia page. Just because someone is going to drop thousands on a HOFer's item, doesn't mean they actually know who he is.

Then you'll want to state exactly what is plainly visible in the photos.

Finally, make sure to throw in stuff like "impeccable source", "best example" and "countless photo matches".

Great advice! Thanks!

3arod13
01-13-2012, 11:22 AM

Sorry, forgot to add "lol"

frikativ54
01-13-2012, 11:38 AM
The title sounded like a personal ad. :p ;) :D

3arod13
01-13-2012, 11:51 AM
The title sounded like a personal ad. :p ;) :D

You're hired :D

frikativ54
01-13-2012, 02:49 PM
You're hired :D

LOL! In all seriousness, I could help write up a description. I don't have direct experience with auction house listings, but I could learn pretty quickly I'm sure. I could walk the reader through the photomatches, talk about the player's stats, etc. And I could read up on these descriptions. I'm willing to help. :)

Jags Fan Dan
01-13-2012, 03:22 PM
I'd take a whack at it. I have a bachelors in journalism, so I know how to write. I'd submit it for free, you can pay a little something if you like it/ use it.

frikativ54
01-13-2012, 06:38 PM
I'd take a whack at it. I have a bachelors in journalism, so I know how to write. I'd submit it for free, you can pay a little something if you like it/ use it.

You've got me beat. I have a B.A. in Anthropology but no degree in Journalism.

I think you've found your man! :)

3arod13
01-14-2012, 09:39 AM
I was contacted by someone who writes descriptions for auctions, who is willing to help. Appreciate the comments and offers to help.