PDA

View Full Version : What is your opinion on ticket stubs

asr1084
01-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Just wanted to get everyones input on their preference (or the typical hobby preference) of tickets from a sporting event. Lets say you were looking for a ticket from a particular game whether it be a milestone game (players first hit, HR etc.) or (your child's first game etc).

IYO, is it better to have a ticket that was untorn (from a season ticket holder that never went to the game that particular day) or a ticket that was used and stub torn away from it?

joelsabi
01-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Just wanted to get everyones input on their preference (or the typical hobby preference) of tickets from a sporting event. Lets say you were looking for a ticket from a particular game whether it be a milestone game (players first hit, HR etc.) or (your child's first game etc).

IYO, is it better to have a ticket that was untorn (from a season ticket holder that never went to the game that particular day) or a ticket that was used and stub torn away from it?

Typical hobby preference is for a full ticket as most tickets are torn.

I think the only time a torn ticket would be better than a full ticket is if it was a ticket of your own and you experience the game yourself. For example I would prefer my own torn ticket from my child's first game over any other ticket from that game.

Nowaday, many stadiums scan their tickets instead of tearing the tickets by the ticket-man so the desirability of modern game tickets overall is weak as more full tickets are now available theoretically to the hobby.

On the other side, there are some collectors who like the torn ticket as it shows that it was actually used at a game and that more likely the ticket holder witnessed the events of that day, which I fully understand.

asr1084
01-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Typical hobby preference is for a full ticket as most tickets are torn.

I think the only time a torn ticket would be better than a full ticket is if it was a ticket of your own and you experience the game yourself. For example I would prefer my own torn ticket from my child's first game over any other ticket from that game.

Nowaday, many stadiums scan their tickets instead of tearing the tickets by the ticket-man so the desirability of modern game tickets overall is weak as more full tickets are now available theoretically to the hobby.

On the other side, there are some collectors who like the torn ticket as it shows that it was actually used at a game and that more likely the ticket holder witnessed the events of that day, which I fully understand.

This is good to know. I was not at the game but I purchased a full untorn "season" ticket (to go along with my GU ball) from Lonnie Chisenhall's first MLB hit game. I personally thought that an untorn full ticket was better as well. I feel much better about this now. Thanks for the valuable insight.

3arod13
01-10-2012, 02:00 PM

Great question. I prefer torn, if it's an actual ticket from the game of a game used piece I own. I think they go together well, being both used and both from the same game. However, if not, I prefer full tickets.