PDA

View Full Version : ramirez game bat

geoff
12-08-2005, 06:00 PM
HI does anyone know if manny used x bats this year and what other kinds of bats does he use.thanks

gameused
12-09-2005, 04:56 AM
Geoff,

I have not seen any game footage or game photos of Manny swinging an X-bat during the 2005 season.

During the 2003 season the X-bat, with a brown barrel/black handle (with and without the Dominican flag) was his bat of choice, he also used all black X-bats and frequently used black Louisville Sluggers ash bats.

Here are some of the brands of bats that I have seen Manny use during the 2005 season: Louisville Slugger M-9, Mizuno, Marucci, SSK, Zinger, Mash Bats, Sam Bat (Black finish with silver labeling and gold labeling)

I spoke with David Valenti the owner of Mash Bats and he told me that Manny tried one of Vernon Wells (Blue Jays) Mash bats and liked it, he then went on to use Edgar Renteria's Mash bats prior to the All Star Game. Manny was hand delivered an order of Mash Bats by David at the 2005 All Star game.

Towards the end of the season and during the ALDS vs the White Sox Manny was swinging a black Sam Bat with gold labeling and short white taped handle, those bats were from Miguel Tejada. Tejada's name and Baltimore Orioles are printed on the barrel.

Here's a list of of the brands Manny has used throughout his career:

Diablo:Red Sox
SSK:Red Sox
Zinger:Red Sox
Old Hickory:Red Sox
King:Red Sox
Sam bat:Red Sox & Cleveland Indians
Tomcat:Cleveland Indians
Easton:Red Sox & Cleveland Indians
Cooper:Early Cleveland Indians
Zett:Cleveland Indians
Hoosier:Cleveland Indians
X-bat:Red Sox
Marucci:Red Sox
Rawlings:Red Sox & Indians
LVS: Red Sox & Indians

Bobby

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=227&stc=1&d=1134120696

geoff
12-09-2005, 12:57 PM
Again BOBBY thanks alot for your help.

Rob L
12-27-2005, 06:37 PM
Here is another 2005 GU ManRam bat (Max Bat):