PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Boston Red Sox Away Jersey

Tunis
01-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Saw the above jersey at a local store. Owner wants only $40 for it. It says 1987 Set 1 on the tag. Size 44 on red tag? if I remember correctly.

It is a common player. Does anyone have a game used jersey from that year that they could post pictures of? What should I be looking for to make sure the jersey is complete?

Thanks in advance

sox83cubs84
01-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Saw the above jersey at a local store. Owner wants only $40 for it. It says 1987 Set 1 on the tag. Size 44 on red tag? if I remember correctly.

It is a common player. Does anyone have a game used jersey from that year that they could post pictures of? What should I be looking for to make sure the jersey is complete?

Thanks in advance

I can't produce a picture right now, but one thing to note is that the Red Sox wore a patch on their left sleeves for the 75th Anniversary of Fenway Park. The vast majority of these had the patch removed before they were released into the hobby, but a stitch imprint of the patch should still be evident under close inspection or black light.

The Rawlings tag is the red one, and the flag tag with the year and set number is the only other tag.

Dave Miedema

Tunis
01-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the quick reply!!!

Is that a decent price to ask for that kind of jersey? Seems a little bit low to me but I will leave it to the experts.

Not a great looking jersey style, either.

emann
01-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Tunis, can you email me? I have a quick question... Thanks!

grindcrank@gmail.com

sox83cubs84
01-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the quick reply!!!

Is that a decent price to ask for that kind of jersey? Seems a little bit low to me but I will leave it to the experts.

Not a great looking jersey style, either.

I agree, it's low but if it's a common, I'd buy it and run. The patch removal on 90%+ of these that made it into the market doesn't enhance the value any. And yeah it's a bleah style.

Dave Miedema

Tunis
01-26-2012, 08:26 AM
I picked the jersey up and it belongs to Rob Woodward. He only played a couple of games in April of that year before being sent down to the minors. Was the 75th Anniversary patch added to the Set 1 1987 jerseys at the beginning of the year or were they added later? The reason I ask, is because I cannot find any stitch imprint of the patch. I did not use a black light, however.

sox83cubs84
01-26-2012, 01:10 PM
I picked the jersey up and it belongs to Rob Woodward. He only played a couple of games in April of that year before being sent down to the minors. Was the 75th Anniversary patch added to the Set 1 1987 jerseys at the beginning of the year or were they added later? The reason I ask, is because I cannot find any stitch imprint of the patch. I did not use a black light, however.

The patch was there all season.

Dave M.