PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow Game Winning Touchdown Run Football from Jet game on 11/17/11

schubert1970
01-06-2012, 03:43 PM
I think I found a unique item that was a fun puzzle to pull together. Since JO Sports has been selling footballs, I've been trying to photo match a Bronco game balls for almost a year now.

Here is a pick of the ball I bought, notice the black marking on the last thread, this is a key to matching the ball from a getty image pic. I think I could also match the width between the threads.

The Getty pic was taken during the last drive and #97 of the Jets ran Tebow out of bounds with 3:50 to go in the game. So at least I know this ball was used during the last drive.

The big problem I had with the football was the white residue or powder, How did it get on the ball? I remembered that Tebow ran the ball, but I didn't remember what he did with the ball. After watching the a replay of the TD run, he dropped the ball in the end zone right on the Bronco logo which is all white chalk.

If anyone can help with hany higher rez pics from the NFL rewind or getty images, please let me know.

Regardless of Tim's future, for this Bronco fan it's one cool ball.

mbenga28
01-06-2012, 03:56 PM
what about the referee markings on the football? can you make out a photo match with those?

schubert1970
01-06-2012, 04:18 PM
what about the referee markings on the football? can you make out a photo match with those?

Only the black one on the bottom thread. It would be clearer if I had a high rez pic.

mbenga28
01-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Only the black one on the bottom thread. It would be clearer if I had a high rez pic.

do you have a photograph of the side of the ball with the air valve? there looks like there is a referee stamping on the right side of it but I can't really say for sure.

schubert1970
01-06-2012, 04:56 PM
do you have a photograph of the side of the ball with the air valve? there looks like there is a referee stamping on the right side of it but I can't really say for sure.

According seller, the ball does have the markings you're mentioning on the other side of the ball. Once in hand I'll post a pic.

mbenga28
01-06-2012, 05:03 PM
interesting, does it also appear that the air valve is not centered in relation to the NFL Shield logo? seems more veered to the right of it, but I could be mistaken. when do you receive this football, will be interesting to see if you got a photo match here as we dont see many of footballs.

cohibasmoker
01-06-2012, 10:58 PM
I think I found a unique item that was a fun puzzle to pull together. Since JO Sports has been selling footballs, I've been trying to photo match a Bronco game balls for almost a year now.

Here is a pick of the ball I bought, notice the black marking on the last thread, this is a key to matching the ball from a getty image pic. I think I could also match the width between the threads.

The Getty pic was taken during the last drive and #97 of the Jets ran Tebow out of bounds with 3:50 to go in the game. So at least I know this ball was used during the last drive.

The big problem I had with the football was the white residue or powder, How did it get on the ball? I remembered that Tebow ran the ball, but I didn't remember what he did with the ball. After watching the a replay of the TD run, he dropped the ball in the end zone right on the Bronco logo which is all white chalk.

If anyone can help with hany higher rez pics from the NFL rewind or getty images, please let me know.

Regardless of Tim's future, for this Bronco fan it's one cool ball.

Looks to me when he threw the ball down, it hit the white section of the Broncos logo. Is the residue on the football chalk or paint? I believe the NFL uses paint instead of chalk because some players wear contact lens and if chalk would get between the lens and the players eyes, if could cause severe damage to a player's eyes.

Jim

AstrosGU
01-06-2012, 11:30 PM
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab107/bigaj412/133851803-Copy.jpg

schubert1970
01-06-2012, 11:39 PM
http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab107/bigaj412/133851803-Copy.jpg

AJ,

Txs for the hi-Rez pic looks like a dead on match.

schubert1970
01-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Looks to me when he threw the ball down, it hit the white section of the Broncos logo. Is the residue on the football chalk or paint? I believe the NFL uses paint instead of chalk because some players wear contact lens and if chalk would get between the lens and the players eyes, if could cause severe damage to a player's eyes.

Jim

Jim, you're correct. The seller informed me the white residue is paint.

schubert1970
01-07-2012, 03:44 PM
Well I received the football today and it doesn't look like a match to the pic that AJ posted. Unless the ball was switched between plays during the drive. Never realized how difficult it would be to photo match a football.

NFL rewind isn't up and running and there is only one real good pic of Tim running the ball in showing the football. If I could get this pic off getty in hi-rez, it might be more definitive.

Sorry for jumping the gun on this, I should have done more homework, especailly when it comes to footballs.

I've posted a few pics of the ball and some of the other markings.

RaiderNationPDX
01-07-2012, 06:02 PM
Well I received the football today and it doesn't look like a match to the pic that AJ posted. Unless the ball was switched between plays during the drive. Never realized how difficult it would be to photo match a football.

NFL rewind isn't up and running and there is only one real good pic of Tim running the ball in showing the football. If I could get this pic off getty in hi-rez, it might be more definitive.

Sorry for jumping the gun on this, I should have done more homework, especailly when it comes to footballs.

I've posted a few pics of the ball and some of the other markings.

Yeah, photomatching a football is an undertaking, that's for sure. Out of my two (lasered team name) Goodell Raiders balls with any identifying marks, there's one that I have a likely match per a referee stamp/the lacing, and another that I have a possible match on per a worn NFL shield. Both, however, took a LOOONG time and, like I say, neither is certain. I'm just happy to own some GU balls from my team, though, whether I can match them or not.

That's a great football, and I'd say congrats on the pickup, but the Raiders fan in me won't allow me to do it :D.

schubert1970
01-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Yeah, photomatching a football is an undertaking, that's for sure. Out of my two (lasered team name) Goodell Raiders balls with any identifying marks, there's one that I have a likely match per a referee stamp/the lacing, and another that I have a possible match on per a worn NFL shield. Both, however, took a LOOONG time and, like I say, neither is certain. I'm just happy to own some GU balls from my team, though, whether I can match them or not.

That's a great football, and I'd say congrats on the pickup, but the Raiders fan in me won't allow me to do it :D.

You're right about how tough it is and match or no match it's a great addition. I have a gu ball from his first start and it was against the Raiders. At lest you guys won that game. ;)