PDA

View Full Version : Caution If You Make A Purchase From Jo Sports On Ebay

short84
01-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Even though I went against my own instincts, I purchased a game used football from JO Sports on eBay today. You would think a company whose owner pled guilty to FRAUD would want to clear its' name and try to mend relationships with past buyers or new buyers by being honest. I purchased a game used football that was listed with FREE SHIPPING AND HANDLING. When I received my notification from eBay that I had purchased the item, the handling and shipping charge was 0. When I got my invoice from JO, they had put a $5.00 shipping charge on it. Talk about dishonest -- let's see, I think this may be fraud by attempting to change the listing of an item after it is sold and trying to sneak a shipping charge on it.

legaleagle92481
01-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Even though I went against my own instincts, I purchased a game used football from JO Sports on eBay today. You would think a company whose owner pled guilty to FRAUD would want to clear its' name and try to mend relationships with past buyers or new buyers by being honest. I purchased a game used football that was listed with FREE SHIPPING AND HANDLING. When I received my notification from eBay that I had purchased the item, the handling and shipping charge was 0. When I got my invoice from JO, they had put a $5.00 shipping charge on it. Talk about dishonest -- let's see, I think this may be fraud by attempting to change the listing of an item after it is sold and trying to sneak a shipping charge on it.

it might have been for insurance. i know from experience they are two seperate charges when dealing with jo.

short84
01-02-2012, 11:27 PM
I don't think so -- the purchase was only $175. I have purchased items from them in the past (last year) and they did not charge any fees when free shipping was offered. I do not think eBay allows a seller to do this -- at least when I offer free shipping I am honest enough to not charge. When it is listed on eBay with free shipping, it is listed with free shipping and handling. I would think any charges that might be added would have to be disclosed in the terms of the sale before they can be added to the invoice. Anyway, they lost a customer.

Titans74
01-03-2012, 01:37 AM
I'm guessing you didn't attempt to contact them and work this out before coming here to complain about $5.

TriplexXxSports
01-03-2012, 07:11 AM
Sounds like they did not adjust their handling costs. A seller can use FREE shipping, but may still opt to use handling charges. Shipping costs and Handling costs are 2 separate fees added by the seller. If they just re-used a general listing format (which had shipping & handling included), and just clicked the FREE shipping box but did not alter the handling charges, then those charges are still applicable.

If $5 is worth the stink, I would just e-mail them. There's not much we can do for you here, ya know.

otismalibu
01-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Really? For 20 quarters?

Complaints like these or people complaining that their package was delivered safely and they didn't have to sign for it, really just waters down the legitimate concerns/complaints in the hobby.

http://shop.theteeshirtdude.com/images/12938155465001945865599.jpeg

short84
01-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Yep, you are right. I was stupid to complain about $5. Go ahead and cast the first stone. Life is too short. My apology to every one here --- especially the people at JO Sports.

They fill a very important niche for all us collectors -- without them, I would have more closet space and fewer gifts for other members of my family.

xpress34
01-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Really? For 20 quarters?

Complaints like these or people complaining that their package was delivered safely and they didn't have to sign for it, really just waters down the legitimate concerns/complaints in the hobby.

http://shop.theteeshirtdude.com/images/12938155465001945865599.jpeg

Greg -

I guess you've never had a complaint in your life about a company not doing its job.

My complaint obviously wasn't legitimate and I shouldn't have said anything.

I really use to like reading your posts, but apparently you - like many of the other elitist of late here - are the only ones who make comments about 'legitimate' concerns and complaints.

I'm sorry that you don't share my concern over shipping companies NOT doing their job - in my business if guys don't do their jobs, they get fired. When in the Air Force, if I 'cut corners' (which is what the delivery guy did) people might have died.

But I guess you're okay with 'good enough' as long as the end result is met.

Smitty

otismalibu
01-04-2012, 03:34 PM
I guess you've never had a complaint in your life about a company not doing its job.

Sure I have, but first I try and gauge how big a deal it really is. I've had more than one item left at my front steps that said it needed a signature, but one was never requested. Delivery Confirmation tags that never get scanned. Guy charges $5 shipping but only pays $1.50. Annoying? Sure. Am I going to start a thread about it? Don't think so.

I hate to think how little it takes for you guys to leave a negative on eBay.

I'd save my big complaints for the MLB teams. So I could get comped some tix, then immediately try to flip them :D