PDA

View Full Version : Is this fake?

project 4
01-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Wanted some opinions. I noticed that most QB jerseys have the elastic bands on the bottom end of the jersey.

http://www.josportsco.com/view_product.asp?ProductID=6561

IronPigs92
01-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Hey what's your email? I tried to pm with no luck,
Thanks
Jonathan

project 4
01-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Hey what's your email? I tried to pm with no luck,
Thanks
Jonathan

I had it where I could only receive PM's from moderators and buddy list for some reason. I fixed it.

IronPigs92
01-03-2012, 11:24 PM
I just tried, but it says you still can't! :confused:

Mulligans
01-04-2012, 07:00 AM
Wanted some opinions. I noticed that most QB jerseys have the elastic bands on the bottom end of the jersey.

http://www.josportsco.com/view_product.asp?ProductID=6561

Fake is certainly not a term I would use....has it been worn in a game? You may need to do your own homework.

Based on a quick image review, it looks as though Kolb usually tucks his Jersey into his pants.

project 4
01-04-2012, 09:39 AM
I just tried, but it says you still can't! :confused:

Sent you a pm. Hope it works.

Fake is certainly not a term I would use....has it been worn in a game? You may need to do your own homework.

Based on a quick image review, it looks as though Kolb usually tucks his Jersey into his pants.

In light of the recent scandal involving JO and one of it's employees I wanted to be careful. What I meant by fake was that if it possibly was someone else jersey with Kolb name and number stitched on. I heard that this has been done before so I'm trying to get some advice. He rode the bench for the most part that year so there would be no evidence of game use such as blood,grass stains, etc so it's hard to tell.

The only thing I can think of was the cut and looked at a lot of QB jerseys specifically and most wore jerseys with the elastic band on the bottom. Not only that but I don't recognize the tags on the bottom for Qb's who have their jerseys untucked.

Here's some examples of QB's who don't have their jerseys tucked.( I know it's not exhaustive)

http://sportige.com/nba-nfl-mlb-nhl-cities-i/

BU54CB
01-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Sent you a pm. Hope it works.

In light of the recent scandal involving JO and one of it's employees I wanted to be careful. What I meant by fake was that if it possibly was someone else jersey with Kolb name and number stitched on. I heard that this has been done before so I'm trying to get some advice. He rode the bench for the most part that year so there would be no evidence of game use such as blood,grass stains, etc so it's hard to tell.

The only thing I can think of was the cut and looked at a lot of QB jerseys specifically and most wore jerseys with the elastic band on the bottom. Not only that but I don't recognize the tags on the bottom for Qb's who have their jerseys untucked.

Here's some examples of QB's who don't have their jerseys tucked.( I know it's not exhaustive)

http://sportige.com/nba-nfl-mlb-nhl-cities-i/

From what I can see in the photos of the Kolb, I don't believe numbers have been removed and Kolb's number stiched on. There are usually tell tale signs a number has been removed such as stich marks from the old number.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying about the tags. A lot of players have the elastic sewn in the bottom of the jersey, it depends on player preference and length of the jersey as to whether the tag remains or not. All my game used jerseys have elastic at the bottom, some have tags and some don't.

Mulligans
01-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Just trying to help you out.....I better analysis would include all of the Photos of Kolb that you can dig up from the 2009 season. Other QB's are not very relevent as the styles will be all over the place.

It would also be helpful to reach out to guys who have Eagles jerseys so that you can see the approprate 2009 era tagging. A simple search of the Meigrey Website will show you just about all of the Eagles tagging that you will need to see to help you out with the decision process.

I understand that a QB Jersey is difficult to match with stains, but it shouldnt be too difficult to match (or not match) by NFL logos, numer allignment etc. In most cases, its relatively easy to rule a Jersey out when you are looking at a relatively short time period. Once you do it a few times, you know exactly what to look for and you realize just how each NFL jersey is just a little bit different.

I have seen several JO Sports Jerseys where the jersey was mis identified and more apt to be a Game issued Jersey and never worn in a game. I have also seen this many times on NFL Auctions and with the Major Auction Houses. I have yet to see a Jersey from any of these resellers where they purposelly sewed on a different player name or number. If we are going to collect, we need to weed through the hype and do our own homework......I am definitely not the first person to say that on the forum.:)