PDA

View Full Version : holograms/stickers that lose adhesive

costas
12-29-2011, 09:59 AM
have any of you had game worn items, particular jerseys, where the holograms and stickers no longer adhere? if so, what did you do with them? I have a couple with this issue and was considering placing them on the LOA, though the LOA already has a matching hologram. would having a LOA with double holograms devalue the items in anyway, if I planned to re-sell them in the future?

David
12-29-2011, 11:38 AM
As long as there is no deception involved, I see nothing wrong with gluing the hologram back on.

David
12-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Also, not all items are hologramed, so having just the LOA isn't automatically an issue. Especially if the item is pictured on the LOA. If the item is pictured, then I don't forsee a problem.

My guess is it won't be an issue. Having the LOA will be 85% of the significance for the buyer.

David
12-29-2011, 11:51 AM
Last note. If the item matches up what is described on the LOA, I don't see a big issue. Scammers use forged and copies LOAs, but buyers will realize it would be a rare and strange occourance for someone to have the original LOA and switch the item for a fake. As I said, for buyers, having the original LOA is 85 percent of the significance.

dplettn
12-29-2011, 01:38 PM
Just one guy's opinion, but I'd consider that even if there is no intent to deceive in glue, it can create the appearance of an intent to deceive. Obviously, if you are collecting it only for you and don't care about resale value, it doesn't matter, but obviously you don't need a hologram to know that the hologram was once on it.

If I were you, I'd just keep the holograph (separately) and whether you pass it on in your family or sell it, just tell the story honestly as to the fact that it did come off.

Obviously, my purpose is not to be critical of others that responded to your thread. Rather, I just want to offer an additional perspective for your consideration.

David
12-29-2011, 02:06 PM
I agree with your point. Even if it was the original hologram on the original item, there would be concern if someone later realizes the hologram has been re-glued on with Elmer's Glue. Best to leave it off.

costas
12-29-2011, 04:07 PM
thanks everyone for the input, I probably won't attempt to re-glue the holograms on the jerseys but they are still sticky enough to attach to other objects, such as paper. This is why I was also wondering if it would make sense to glue them onto their LOAs even though those have one already on them?

jppopma
01-01-2012, 09:00 PM
I keep all of my LOAs in plastic pages. If a hologram were to fall off, I would not try to reglue it to the jersey.

First, I'd photograph the jersey showing whatever residue remains on the jersey (it may wear off over time, even just sitting there).

Next, I'd place the hologram with the LOA (or a new sheet) so that it doesn't get lost.

Finally, I'd consider photographing all other holograms in place so that you can "photomatch" the hologram to that specific jersey.