PDA

View Full Version : Lou Lampson - 100% Authentic

JumpFame
09-26-2006, 04:14 PM
I am looking at buying a very high end game used basketball jersey (Michael Jordan / Wizards / 2001-2001) .. that is from one of the larger auction houses. It comes with the 100% Authentic / Lou Lampson COA.

How do you feel about this COA? Is this as good as PSA/DNA and/or James Spence.

If you were going to get a 2nd opinion (COA) on a jersey for investment/piece of mind .. who would you use.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

sportscentury
09-26-2006, 04:27 PM
JumpFame,

I'm not sure why you would need a letter in addition to the one provided by Lampson. However, in addition to Lou, I have heard that Willy Steinmiller is tops. You can learn about him at:

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Authentication.asp

Several months back, I would have recommended Lon Lewis (also highly respected)... but I'm not sure he is available to do authentications any longer (if forum members have additional information, please share it).

Good luck,

Reid

trsent
09-26-2006, 04:53 PM
PSA/DNA does not authenticated game used jerseys, only the authenticity of autographs.

trsent
09-26-2006, 04:55 PM
If you were going to get a 2nd opinion (COA) on a jersey for investment/piece of mind .. who would you use.

I would recommend MEARS. You can find out about their service at www.mearsonline.com (http://www.mearsonline.com)

Another option would be Grey Flannel. Then can be found at http://www.greyflannel.com/main.php

Best of luck to you!

JumpFame
09-26-2006, 05:07 PM
Is Lampson the foremost expert on game used jersey's .. basketball anyway ... and his COA is like the best you can get?

JumpFame
09-26-2006, 05:12 PM
Is Lampson the foremost expert on game used jersey's .. basketball anyway ... and his COA is like the best you can get?

I'm sorry, but in a nutshell would you feel good with his COA alone from investment/authentication purposes and no need for a 2nd as it would be overkill as he is the PSA/DNA of game used jersey's.

trsent
09-26-2006, 05:15 PM
I'm sorry, but in a nutshell would you feel good with his COA alone from investment/authentication purposes and no need for a 2nd as it would be overkill as he is the PSA/DNA of game used jersey's.

Do a search of his name in the search box found on each page of this forum and you'll find all sorts of opinions of his services.

suave1477
09-26-2006, 07:19 PM
Jumpfane I agree with TRSENT do a search of his name, here in the forum you will see how members here feel about him as we discussed his items many times.

sportscentury
09-26-2006, 10:10 PM
If you post the auction listing or post photos of the item here on the forum, you'll get a lot of thoughtful opinions from GUF members. All for free. Best of luck with it.
Reid

JumpFame
09-28-2006, 09:51 AM
Just got the piece today ... and I was relieved to say the least!

The COA was not from Lou Lampson as detailed in the auction .. but from Grey Flannel Collectibles and it was their premium COA with pictures, et.

I feel better .. as they are as good as it comes!

trsent
09-28-2006, 10:09 AM
Just got the piece today ... and I was relieved to say the least!

The COA was not from Lou Lampson as detailed in the auction .. but from Grey Flannel Collectibles and it was their premium COA with pictures, et.

I feel better .. as they are as good as it comes!

Things that make you go, hume...

PAT HODGINS
09-28-2006, 10:30 AM
You post on Tuesday stating you are looking for advice before buying in an auction and then you magically receive your item today(Thur).

Like Joel said, hmmm.....

both-teams-played-hard
09-28-2006, 11:23 AM
Jumpfame
This is a family website. Please don't take Jordan's name in vain. Just a reminder.

CollectGU
09-29-2006, 07:57 PM
JumpFame,

I'm not sure why you would need a letter in addition to the one provided by Lampson. However, in addition to Lou, I have heard that Willy Steinmiller is tops. You can learn about him at:

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Authentication.asp

Several months back, I would have recommended Lon Lewis (also highly respected)... but I'm not sure he is available to do authentications any longer (if forum members have additional information, please share it).

Good luck,

Reid

Reid,

I don't know if you noticed but Lon Lewis, who you made reference to with some extreme sarcasm above, has helped another GU forum member with a tagging issue. Take a look at his credentials before you make fun, maybe you'll actually learn something from him.....I know, i know, you'll probably back track now and say your above post wasn't in jest....

Dave

sportscentury
09-29-2006, 07:59 PM
Reid,

I don't know if you noticed but Lon Lewis, who you made reference to with some extreme sarcasm above, has helped another GU forum member with a tagging issue. Take a look at his credentials before you make fun, maybe you'll actually learn something from him.....I know, i know, you'll probably back track now and say your above post wasn't in jest....

Dave

Dave,

You got it! As always, thanks.

Reid