PDA

View Full Version : Question about BC Sports

slab0meat
12-26-2011, 08:55 PM
I've had one or two signed mini helmets that my wife got from BC Sports a few years ago, and a new one for Christmas this year. They come with a BC COA with the name, date, etc...

Question, as there's so many issues with different companies and COA's, etc.... how exactly is BC regarded in this light? Have they had any issues over the years? Are my signatures probably legit?

yankees506
12-26-2011, 09:06 PM
I know bc sports had/has a few retail locations in malls in the tri-state ny area, all of their items looked good to me. I know they have had many private signings with the likes of paul pierce and such. Id say they are legit, hope this helps.

mad87man
12-26-2011, 09:10 PM
Yeah BC sports was a Tri State company who was in most malls but closed a bunch and only have a few stores left. They have had numerous public and private signings. Most were pretty reasonably priced too. I wouldn't worry about them at all.

sctizzle
12-26-2011, 09:11 PM
BC holds a lot of signings with Philly athletes in their mall stores..they put their holograms on items only signed at their own signings...they used to have more stores but a few years ago they closed all due to financial reasons and the past few years ago they have been opening more again...I've never heard of any issues with their autos...they often have in store sales and can get some decent deals...

In their stores they do sell other companies autos like Steiner, but most are from their own in store appearances.

This year they have expanded to some gu phillies items that they have at their king of Prussia mall location...

Scott

slab0meat
12-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Yeah, I have two within 20 minutes of me, and have seen the stores for years.. just never really knew of their legitimacy.

I'm glad I'm hearing good things so far. Thanks for the responses.

David
12-26-2011, 10:47 PM
I hadn't heard of them, but it appears they do in store signings which is a good sign.

bd300
12-26-2011, 11:09 PM
They are a good company, I have gone to a lot of their signings and have bought stuff from them before. They are the best company to deal with when purchasing items for Philadelphia teams. I would consider them the Steiner of Philadelphia.

legaleagle92481
12-27-2011, 01:44 PM
BC stands for Brandywine Collectibles. It was started by one of the principals in what was the National Pastime. They were the premier show promoter in the 80s-90s. They had shows in New York, New Jersey and Baltimore as well as other cities. Everyone who was anyone signed for them at one time or another. Brandywine and his partner Stephen Hisler then split and National Pastime became Pasttime Productions run by Hisler and eventually it folded. Brandywine started BC and opened alot of mall stores. Most folded due to the rise of buying collectibles online that caused many hobby shops even most of those owned by Steiner to fold. BC's stuff is legitimate mostly coming from their own signings or from the big signing companies. Now I believe they are owned by Field of Dreams which is owned by Mounted Memories. As long as the items are hologrammed I would be confident that they are legit.

slab0meat
12-27-2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks again, everyone.