PDA

View Full Version : Albert Pujols game worn hat! Questions and photomatch help

rangersfan1214
12-23-2011, 11:00 AM
I recieved my Albert Pujols 2005 (MVP year) game worn autographed hat. It is pounded with sweat stains and dirt. I love it! But I just had a couple questions on the hat.. Are the Pujols Family Foundation LOA's really signed by Pujols? Does the number 5 under the brim match up to his handwriting? How rare are game worn hats? Do players only wear a couple a year or do they wear a new one each game? And last but not least I am having trouble finding a photomatch for it.. I was seeing if any of yall could help me find a photomatch? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

frikativ54
12-23-2011, 11:50 AM
If you wouldn't mind, please put the photos right side up. Photomatching from that angle is pretty difficult. Also, the pics are a bit grainy.

I've found that photomatching stuff from 2005 and earlier is difficult, because of the lack of pictures. But it's still worth trying.

As for how many hats are worn in a year, it really depends on the player. Some wear only a few, while others go through a ton of them.

Good luck!

-Frik

onlyalbert
12-23-2011, 01:20 PM
To answer some of your ?'s. Yes, that is his sig on the LOA and his number 5. Anything that comes from the PFF is the real deal in all aspects. Hard to say how many they use but I would guess several dozen/yr and since Albert is selling some of his own stuff now I bet he puts quite a few back now and in the future. You probably won't find as many from 05 so it is a nice pickup for you especially at that price. I know the PFF at one time wanted $1,000 for a game used hat so am guessing this seller took a loss.

frikativ54
12-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Hard to say how many they use but I would guess several dozen/yr and since Albert is selling some of his own stuff now I bet he puts quite a few back now and in the future. You probably won't find as many from 05 so it is a nice pickup for you especially at that price.

Where do you get the several dozen per year figure? That seems quite high IMO, but then again, I'm not familiar with Pujols's use patterns. Did he use fewer hats in '05?

onlyalbert
12-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Where do you get the several dozen per year figure? That seems quite high IMO, but then again, I'm not familiar with Pujols's use patterns. Did he use fewer hats in '05?

I am basing it on the hats that I have seen offered are not showing a tremendous amount of use. Therefore, he must be using them less and changing out more often. Also, the cards use 3 styles of hat...home, away, and a Sunday hat. I think it is also felt that since his first commercial signing in Dec 2010 he is trying to capitalize more on his own stuff. Look at the numbers of batting gloves and cleats now available from these signings. These were never in the marketplace before other than through the PFF. In addition to the bats I have also seen several hats offered.