PDA

View Full Version : Huggins & Scott Auction is up!

allstarsplus
09-26-2006, 12:47 PM
http://www.hugginsandscott.com/

Check out their auction. Not a ton of game used, but a lot of vintage memorabilia and Babe Ruth items and tons of baseball cards.

Their auction catalog is well done.

For anyone that collects Baltimore and Washington memorabilia, they have a lot of that as their store is 1/4 mile from Washington DC.

mr.miracle
09-26-2006, 09:15 PM
Andrew is right, they appear to have some very nice items especially for the Orioles and Nationals fans

suave1477
09-26-2006, 09:29 PM
Just got there Catalog today in the mail very nicely done.

CollectGU
03-09-2007, 11:50 PM
Andrew,

Was that your 2003 Clemens jersey in their auction? I know you had mentioned that you bought this jersey from Steiner. I was a bit shocked that it sold for only $3,250??? I figure that's a 6k jersey easy....

Regards,
Dave

allstarsplus
03-10-2007, 06:24 AM
Andrew,

Was that your 2003 Clemens jersey in their auction? I know you had mentioned that you bought this jersey from Steiner. I was a bit shocked that it sold for only $3,250??? I figure that's a 6k jersey easy....

Regards,
Dave
You must have read my email to Bob Malandro yesterday morning as I was p*ssed at how much money I lost!!!!!

Funny thing was Steiner was asking $20,000 for it Retail so I thought if I got it for under $10,000 I would do real well on it!

I just hope someone on the Forum got it!

Andrew

hblakewolf
03-10-2007, 07:00 AM
Andrew-
No doubt you had a great shirt, however, I'm seeing the the retails/pricing on majority of recent Yankees knits falling quickly.

It appears that the market is saturated, thanks to Steiner; similar to the market with the Blue Jays who have a never-ending pipeline every year.

Clemens selling for $20000 through Steiner-not a chance. $10,000? Maybe a year ago. Currently, under $4,000? Welcome to supply and demand.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

allstarsplus
03-10-2007, 07:11 AM
Howard - Supply/Demand will ultimately determine the final price. Sure, a $20,000 Retail was a joke but with all the fake Clemens out there I thought for sure it would exceed $10,000.

The fact that it had the tags removed which is a good sign Roger used it on a pitching day + the A10 rating and Steiner letter should have helped it get some big $$$$$.

When I woke up Friday morning to see $3,250 I thought it was a mistake and they were missing telephone bids.

My only hope is that the buyer doesn't pay for it!!!!

Andrew