PDA

View Full Version : question on ways teams handle selling game used

costas
12-22-2011, 10:45 AM
why do some teams directly sell their game used items through their team shops while others through a partnership with a company? which one has more advantages, if any?

jake33
12-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Teams should sell directly through themselves I feel. However, I don't think any team has someone in charge who their sole job is game used selling. I can guarantee though that if any MLB or NFL paid me even $50,000 a year as a full time office employee that only had to sell game used merchandise from the team via the team store, league auctions, at the game, events, or the league online shop. I would easily be profitable for any team.

Some team needs to revalue and re-evaluate how they sell and PROFIT on these items. Items that by in large are junk to them. It is not on the list of priorities for these pro team's marketing staffs.

masp3392
12-22-2011, 10:54 AM
why do some teams directly sell their game used items through their team shops while others through a partnership with a company? which one has more advantages, if any?

i would figure getting it straight through the team would secure you in knowing its authentic and didn't get handled by a 3rd party but will be paying a rock hard price. (not sure if anyone has had success in negotiating deals with teams)

and through another company as in JO sports, you can negotiate price, have payment plans, etc. Its more customer friendly.

again, not sure if anyone has had success in talking down a price with teams but thats what I assume.

Either way, DO YOUR HOMEWORK