PDA

View Full Version : 2012 collecting goals

legaleagle92481
12-22-2011, 12:21 AM
as a followup to the thread jake posted about collecting highlights of 2011 I was curious as to what everyone's collecting goals are for 2012? Mine are to keep enhancing my collection in every way possible. I am sticking solely to football and focusing on future hall of famers/all pro type players and young players who I think will be big stars. In the former category I am hoping to find an Aaron Rodgers, a Maurice Jones Drew and a Junior Seau. In the later category I am hoping to find a Jason Pierre Paul, Julio Jones and AJ Green.

lakeerie92
12-22-2011, 02:02 AM
as a followup to the thread jake posted about collecting highlights of 2011 I was curious as to what everyone's collecting goals are for 2012? Mine are to keep enhancing my collection in every way possible. I am sticking solely to football and focusing on future hall of famers/all pro type players and young players who I think will be big stars. In the former category I am hoping to find an Aaron Rodgers, a Maurice Jones Drew and a Junior Seau. In the later category I am hoping to find a Jason Pierre Paul, Julio Jones and AJ Green.

My number one goal is to get a Chipper Jones game used bat to go in my collection since I had to sell the 4 I had earlier this year.

My other goal is to enhance my game used commemorative baseball collection by 10 baseballs this year. I don't think that is unreasonable with the Red Sox, Orioles, Mets, Astros, and Dodgers already confirmed to be using commemorative baseballs this season. I figure to add a HRD ball or two, two ASG baseballs, Civil Rights Game, and hopefully the Marlins will have something to commemorate the new stadium.

frikativ54
12-22-2011, 07:18 AM
I'm looking for a pair of Jeff Bagwell's 2005 Darryl Kile Tribute Spikes. In general, I'm hoping to add to my Bagwell cleat collection. If you have anything, feel free to email me. Thanks.

I also hope to find a Bagwell game-used glove. I'm hoping that one will show up one of these days.

asr1084
12-22-2011, 08:13 AM
Shin-Soo Choo anything!

AWA85
12-22-2011, 09:30 AM
2 big pick ups I would like to track down:

Hammered Ken Griffey Jr. jersey from the Reds or Mariners.

Barry Larkin red alternate jersey.

AWA85@live.com if you know of the where abouts of these missing items.

DJaeger22
12-22-2011, 10:10 AM
A Yankees, Red Sox or Padres John Flaherty jersey

jake33
12-22-2011, 10:36 AM
By making this list, i realized how great 2011 was in collecting

Baseball
I am going to the 2012 all star game and will likely want an item on which ever Ray(s) players make it, hope the 2012 all star home jerseys are the light blue of the royals, but I am thinking it will be the royal blue

- MLB All Star Futures game used hat of the 1 or 2 rays players that make the team, I am thinking it will again be Hak Ju Lee and Tim Beckham, perhaps a ball used by one of them as well.

- Dan Johnson Rays game used hat or Cleats

- Hak Ju Lee spring training jersey,

- JP Howell WBC game used baseball from 09

- Matt Joyce's 2012 throwback game used helmet

Football
- Bucs London jerseys of Sean Jones, Michael Koenen, Jeremy Trueblood, Corey Lynch

- a 9/11 Bucs tribute jersey 6 have hit the market so far

- save up to buy the 1990 Bucs game used helmet that i have been eyeing for 6 months

- Trent Dilfer game dated Bucs jersey, 1997-1998 seasons

- 1996 ORANGE game used Bucs jersey, I am still upset that I sold that Kenneth Gant 6 years ago and cannot get it back

- Hardy Nickerson game used Bucs jersey from 1993-1999, I am amazed I let 2-3 of these sell from my personal collection over the last few years, considering e is my all time favorite player

- possibly a Mike Alstott gamer with good use, I sold RK Gibson a 2003 Bucs gamer back in 2005, that was the best Alstott gamer I ever saw, probably won't see that again though

WadeInBmore
12-22-2011, 11:10 AM
I would have to say my top three goals are the following...

1) Frank Thomas GU Alt Black White Sox Jersey
2) Frank Thomas GU White Sox Batting Helmet
3) Frank Thomas GU Diablo Bat (A's era, haven't seen one fs yet)

Willing to pay a finders fee ;)

Happy Collecting guys!

wade

prichmond
12-22-2011, 12:31 PM
68-76 oakland A's uniforms and bats

Current Gaints pitchers jersery's

Looking at Seattle pilots jersery's as a new area

pete

Flamechicken
12-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Jordy Nelson GU Packers jersey.

murfsteve25
12-22-2011, 01:52 PM
as always im looking to add to my David Justice collection. I was fortunate to add some very nice pieces in 2011, and i hope that it continues throughout 2012. I've been trying to hunt down an A's gamer for years now with not much luck. I hope to track one down this year and get it added to my collection.

brianborsch
12-22-2011, 02:02 PM
I managed to get a GU hit ball that was hit by Joe Benson for his 2nd MLB hit (of course the players always get their 1st hit), and it happens to be his 1st career double.

I have followed Joe Benson a little over the last few years and like his skills and what he brings to the table for the Twins so now I am trying to look for items from Mr. Benson. In particular it would be cool to get the bat he used for the hit. But that is unlikely. We'll see!

dplettn
12-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Have found some awesome stuff collecting in the era my kids will remember forever, but I've been hoping for the same thing for myself since I started collecting. A nice 70s Bench bat.

plettner@fuse.net

rwoodsbats
12-22-2011, 02:54 PM
I was able to mark a lot of bats off my want list in 2011. In 2012 if I could land a mothers day bat from a Mariners player I would be pretty happy!

Best of luck to you all in your hunt!

woody1351
12-22-2011, 03:27 PM
1. Dan Marino jersey
A jersey or helmet from anyone who went to WIU. Ed Hartwell, aaron stecker, mike scifres, bryan cox(dolphins) jason williams, rick or paul reuschel, frank winters, don beebe, rodney harrison, mike wagner, fabien bownes, frisman jackson, gunnard twyner, etc.

Carl Edwards did a ford promo with the dolphins and they gave him a edwards dolphins jersey. that jersey.

im sure i could think of more if i sat here long enough

project 4
12-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Kevin Kolb game used Arizona Cardinals helmet. Also game used football in a game he played.

EurekaDave
12-22-2011, 04:40 PM
I cannot afford any dreams for 2012 or 2013, for that matter. I just drained the bank on SF Giants stuff. Then, just to make sure, I bought a Manny Ramirez jersey from BallParkHeroes. It's already en route--and so is a restraining order from the Mrs. Honestly I am lucky to have her but she is still working on the "collecting" concept.

Dave Silverbrand

spartakid
12-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Looking to add to my football jersey collection

1. Larry Allen

2. Demetrius Williams

3. Derek Landri

4. T.J. Ward

maverick14
12-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Would love to pick up a game-used, signed rookie bat of Robinson Cano in the next year.

AutographAddiction
12-22-2011, 08:07 PM
A year ago I was just 3-4 months into the hobby.

I said that I wanted to get UNC items--I ended up with two pairs of game worn basketball shoes(Ty Lawson and Wayne Ellington), a Vince Carter Raptors jersey, and 2 football jerseys(Ronald Curry and Brandon Tate).

I said that I want my first Braves jersey and more bats--I ended up with 6 jerseys(Chipper Jones, Brian McCann, Jeff Franceour(2), Jair Jurrjens, and Nate Mclouth) and 6 bats(Jeff Franceour(2), Andruw Jones, Troy Glaus, and Matt Diaz(2))

I also said that I hoped to get some items in person as well--I ended up with a Dwight Howard jersey and countless pairs of UNC football gloves. Unfortunately, Bryce Harper promised me a bat and didn't deliver...

Lastly, I said that I'd really like to get a Griffey bat or jersey and anything Hakeem Nicks--none of which I have been able to acquire...yet!

What a great year of collecting I had!

AutographAddiction
12-22-2011, 08:10 PM
A year ago I was just 3-4 months into the hobby.

I said that I wanted to get UNC items--I ended up with two pairs of game worn basketball shoes(Ty Lawson and Wayne Ellington), a Vince Carter Raptors jersey, and 2 football jerseys(Ronald Curry and Brandon Tate).

I said that I want my first Braves jersey and more bats--I ended up with 6 jerseys(Chipper Jones, Brian McCann, Jeff Franceour(2), Jair Jurrjens, and Nate Mclouth) and 6 bats(Jeff Franceour(2), Andruw Jones, Troy Glaus, and Matt Diaz(2))

I also said that I hoped to get some items in person as well--I ended up with a Dwight Howard jersey and countless pairs of UNC football gloves. Unfortunately, Bryce Harper promised me a bat and didn't deliver...

Lastly, I said that I'd really like to get a Griffey bat or jersey and anything Hakeem Nicks--none of which I have been able to acquire...yet!

What a great year of collecting I had!

I forgot to add my goals for this year...

Obtain more UNC, Charlotte Bobcats, Atlanta Braves, and Carolina Panthers items.

Specifically, a UNC bball jersey, Carolina Panthers jerseys, and some more NBA superstar items.

Jags Fan Dan
12-22-2011, 08:10 PM
I'd love to unearth an unwashed Brunell away Jaguars jersey. But, the way things have been going, I'd like to find any Brunell game used jersey.

solarlottry
12-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Great thread!

In 2011 I was able to knock a # of players from the 1994 49er GU jersey "wanted list", including 2 I had been looking for for quite some time. I acquired, in a trade with a GUU member, the kicker Doug Brien. Another forum member sold me a Steve Wallace playoff shirt. I also acquired an additional Steve Wallace non throwback, worn vs the Raiders and Eagles, via GUU! This forum has really helped expand my collection and helped me connect with new friends as well as reintroduce me to collectors I had not heard from in almost 20 years!!!

My collecting goals for 2012:

Purchase the 3 remaining 1994 49er gamers I need to complete the entire starting lineup of offensive, defensive and special teams players. The 3 are:

Lee Woodall-linebacker
Dennis Brown-defensive tackle
Derrick Deese-offensive lineman

I am also looking to add ANY 1994 49er GU item. I am still looking for GU footballs with team letters including a SB ball, practice shirts with team letters and any pre, regular or post season gamer of any player.

I will pay absolutely TOP $$$ for ANY 1994 49er GU item!

Another goal is to add to the vintage 49er GU collection, which is never easy to do. I am looking for Hacksaw Reynolds, Russ Francis, Ray Wersching and Fred Dean. Any other early to late 80s 49er gamers are always on my want list.

Paying a finders fee for quality 49er GU items!
Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

BIGSTIG
12-22-2011, 09:28 PM
Well, looking ahead at a very likely promotion come the new year and pay raise to boot....I am ready to make a splash in my collection by adding a Cubs GU flannel of a signifigant player. That does not mean Banks, Santo, Fergie or Williams...... but maybe it will find me a Kessinger, Hundley, Holtzman or Beckert.

Besides that I want to start collecting some Bulls jerseys, warm ups and shoes of the present and early 90's.

Hope everyone finds what they are looking for..

Happy Holidays,

BIGSTIG

Fnazxc0114
12-22-2011, 10:48 PM
I hope to sell my entire texas rangers collection.

sox83cubs84
12-22-2011, 11:00 PM
I was able to only attend a small number of games in 2011 due to finances. While it was a good year for hawking baseballs, it was the first time in recent memory that I didn't add a bat or a cap to my collection. I gave two players (a White Sox pitcher and a Mets outfielder) SASE's for caps, but neither came through. So for 2012, it can't be worse than 2011, and hopefully will be significantly better.

Dave Miedema

cliffjmp33
12-22-2011, 11:51 PM
I have a great lead on the one item I have been wanting for a while. Should that work out, I think I am going to cool my heels on adding to my collection and try to find out a better way to display and preserve what I have.

Outside that, I think this year I want to spend a lot of time trying to become more educated in the hobby. I still feel like I am a novice in numerous way, and I want to be more knowledgeable and also be a positive member that adds to our community more.

AbsolonMoreau
12-23-2011, 12:10 AM
My goal for this coming up year is to trade a custom painting in exchanged for a GU jersey or fielding glove. I think that should be a feasible goal :D

project 4
12-23-2011, 12:33 AM
I'd love to unearth an unwashed Brunell away Jaguars jersey. But, the way things have been going, I'd like to find any Brunell game used jersey.

There's this Mark Brunell supercollector that has pretty much everything brunell.

Buster23!
01-17-2012, 12:56 AM
I am looking to add a Randy Johnson game used bat from the year he was with the Giants. I already have a strong lead. It's just a small thing called money holding me back lol.

Titans74
01-17-2012, 05:25 AM
A Miguel Cabrera road Tigers HR jersey. MLB authenticated & photomatched.

or

A Rafael Palmeiro Orioles HR jersey. Photomatched.

Whichever comes first, then I am walking away from collecting.

gaytorhater703
01-17-2012, 08:49 AM
-LSU 2009 Pro Combat gloves and Shoes
-LSU 2011 Pro Combat Full Uniform
-Gold LSU football jersey from the Vandy Game
-Various Game Used Jerseys LSU Tiger Football Jerseys....always looking to buy or trade.

djusticefan
01-18-2012, 01:47 AM
My goal for the year will be finding a photomatched John Tavares stick to go with my new photomatched goves from his rookie year. Also would love to find a photomatched Chipper Jones bat!

gingi79
01-18-2012, 02:44 AM
I'd love to take a few steps forward in completing my two collections. There is a light at the end of the tunnel for my collecting days and I'm hoping to get several steps closer to seeing the sun set on this hobby and rise on a new adventure. In 2012, I'd love to add:

Sami Salo helmet and the very few styles of jerseys I am missing
Matt Diaz new Braves Alternate, jerseys from the teams/alternates I am missing and a photomatched MLB registered HR baseball if it ever comes up for sale.

Almost every other jersey/item I own will be for sale this year. I guess selling them all (especially to help pay for the items above) would be a collecting goal as well.

momen55
01-18-2012, 07:41 AM
first, to have a nice down payment for a house when i return from overseas
and to add a couple more knobless bats to my collection. :)

happyyoungster
01-18-2012, 11:03 AM
My 2012 collecting goals...
I would like to add the following 1996 Packers shirts to my personal collection:

-Antonio Freeman #86
-Dorsey Levens #25
-Andre Rison #84