PDA

View Full Version : Clemente AU with William Witte(?)

xpress34
12-21-2011, 08:00 AM
Anyone here know who William Witte was and what his connection to Clemente is?

I picked up this piece in a trade:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/A%20stuff%20to%20move/scan0001.jpg

I've Googled William Witte and can't find any relevant info. I have seen a few other Clemente AU slabbed like this one with William Witte as well.

All the best -

Smitty

ironmanfan
12-21-2011, 09:36 AM
Since you've seen evidence of a Witte signature along with Clemente before, I'd contact the Clemente Museum in Pittsburgh who could probably be of help.....

Or, you could contact Paul Kutch, who I know works with Hunt Auctions who has one of the better Clemente collections around..

Good Luck!

xpress34
12-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Since you've seen evidence of a Witte signature along with Clemente before, I'd contact the Clemente Museum in Pittsburgh who could probably be of help.....

Or, you could contact Paul Kutch, who I know works with Hunt Auctions who has one of the better Clemente collections around..

Good Luck!

Thanks for the info my friend!!! Happy Holidays to you and yours!!!

- Smitty

jppopma
12-21-2011, 03:54 PM
I think the William Witte autograph must be a fake since the two "W's" are not the same. :D Had to say it before someone else.

Nice item, but I am surprised that PSA would give a rushed looking auto like that a 9 (not the extra marks to the lower left and upper right of the R)

Being a cut autograph, there is a chance that it could be a contract or something of that nature. William Witte may not have any ties to Clemente other than this one dealing. You never know.

xpress34
12-21-2011, 04:59 PM
I think the William Witte autograph must be a fake since the two "W's" are not the same. :D Had to say it before someone else.

Nice item, but I am surprised that PSA would give a rushed looking auto like that a 9 (not the extra marks to the lower left and upper right of the R)

Being a cut autograph, there is a chance that it could be a contract or something of that nature. William Witte may not have any ties to Clemente other than this one dealing. You never know.

Here's a PSA 8 like mine - different W's on it too... and I have seen at least three others with Witte on them hat look similar to these - just can't find the pictures right now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/A%20stuff%20to%20move/clementeau1.jpg