PDA

View Full Version : NFL game issued jerseys question

costas
12-18-2011, 06:30 PM
hi, is it common for legitimate NFL game issued jerseys, ones that come directly from team sources, to lack player specifications that is evident in their game worn jerseys? for example some players have their extra length shortened in their game worn jerseys, but I see some game issued unaltered with length with team LOA's.

those who collect game issued jerseys, do you prefer that they exactly match the specifications of a player's actual game worn? or are these game issued technically considered as "pro cuts"

jppopma
12-18-2011, 07:59 PM
In the post about the Brady pro-cut, there is alot of talk about "game issued" being only pro cut jerseys.

By team LOA's do you mean they are described as being game worn (or at least team issued)? I have heard that alot of teams will offer these pro cut jerseys autographed and the LOA would actually refer to the autograph only. (it gets real confusing when you buy directly fro NFL or the team and have expectations that it would be a gamer--then again, whats the difference between them putting the jersey on for a second or practice, or setting it in the locker to "call" it game issued.

The basis of the pro cut jerseys is that they are a "match" to the real gamers. That being said, I doubt the teams factor out small % in that would know about minor inconsistencies such as added length, letter font, patch placement, etc.

Maybe others who collect them could chime in more as for what they look for. I just collect gamers, and hope that none of the team purchased gamers were really signed pro cuts.

G1X
12-18-2011, 08:54 PM
costas,

Having made a few team purchases over the years, I can attest in the bulk buys that I have made that there have been jerseys included that were never customized to a specific player's specifications. For example, I have made purchases where there were multiple jerseys of the same player. Most would be cut and hemmed the same (or very similar) except for one or two. It was obvious that the one or two that were not customized were never worn in a game, but they were part of the inventory in the team's locker room, so I considered them to be "team issued".

I realize that there are debates over what is considered team-issued, but I always described these types of jerseys as team-issued because they came straight from the locker room inventory. I haven't made a bulk by of anything newer than 2005, so I cannot make any observations about anything issued over the past few years.

I'm not sure if I have answered your question, but I hope this helps.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for World Football League jerseys, AFL/NFL durene jerseys, Atlanta Falcons jerseys, and Willie McGee and Darren Lewis game used equipment.