PDA

View Full Version : Looking For 1983 & 1994 Mets Jerseys - Help!!!

TNTtoys
09-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Hopefully I got your attention with this seemingly ridiculous title...

Those of you who know me probably know I have a fairly large collection of Mets jerseys... Two of them however have been extremely difficult for me to locate. Both are batting practice jerseys that were worn for 1 season only.

To elaborate...

In 1983, the Mets wore a BP jersey that featured an small interlocking "NY" on the front in silver. The rest of the front was blank. The back contained only the player #. This was the only year in which the style was worn. Rawlings was the likely manufacturer. It was copied by Mitchell and Ness, only it was copied incorrectly. It was not a bad copy, but it was mislabeled as a 1984, and has since been discontinued.

In 1994, the Mets wore another "1 year only" BP jersey... This one had a unique "New York" in script across the front in silver lettering. It also had front numbers, back name, and back numbers. The sleeve contained the "25th Anniversary of the Miracle Mets" patch. The manufacturer of this one was likely Russell.

Here are a couple of baseball card photos to demonstrate the styles. ANY HELP TOWARDS FINDING ONE OR BOTH OF THESE WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!

TNTtoys
09-28-2006, 09:29 AM
All,

I have had some success. I picked up the 1983 BP -- thanks to Kim Stigall @ Ballpark Heroes. I figured this would be the easier find of the two -- I have actually seen one in person prior to today...

Still looking for the 1994 -- has anyone ever come across one of these?

Nick

TNTtoys
07-12-2007, 10:51 PM
All,

I'm still working on my 1987 Mets collection, and always looking to add a nice BP or road jersey to it. Please email me if you have anything you are looking to sell or know of any good leads.

Also, I still have yet to come across a single BP from 1994! (see photos below at start of thread) Any help towards tracking down this ridiculously hard to find jersey style would be greatly appreciated!!

Regards,
Nick