PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know any card collectors near Columbus, OH?

perlman9
12-17-2011, 10:56 AM
I was going through our basement to clean up and found all my old cards, mainly sets, etc from the 80s and early 90s. Probably 40 plus sets from baseball and football with some hockey, etc mixed in. There are good ones like 1984 Donruss and 1992 Topps complete Gold set but would like to find someone to take them all but shipping would be a total pain! Anyone know someone who may want them near Columbus,OH? Thanks!

justinbittner220
12-17-2011, 11:10 AM
Hey,
I'm in the same boat. I shifted from baseball cards to gu items a few years ago and would love to get rid of my cards. I'm near Pittsburgh and have had zero reasonable interest. Maybe we can find someone in between us to help us both out...:)

perlman9
12-17-2011, 11:50 AM
That would be even better! Someone could get a steal, especially a reseller!

justinbittner220
12-29-2011, 07:04 PM
I've offered the sets for $10 a piece and no one is even remotely interested. 55 sets, $500, nothing. It gets discouraging. Beyond that, I have thousands of singles, graded and not graded, and people won't even discuss them. It blows my mind.

perlman9
12-29-2011, 08:14 PM
I have been listing the better ones on ebay and just recycling the commons... haha. A pain to sell them like that,though. Would think a dealer or someone who wants to sell on ebay could do okay

mfsquirrelmaster
12-29-2011, 08:48 PM
i'm sure alot of us have been through this. An idea better than recycling the commons is to give them to a neighbor kid. The kids may get enjoyment out of them and it may spark an interest to get into collecting more. I gave a few boxes to a couple kids and they seemed thrilled with it.

perlman9
12-29-2011, 09:13 PM
Great idea! If only my kid was interested.. haha He does have game worn soccer jerseys and a few chiefs and a gators helmet, so going in the right direction :)

sox83cubs84
12-29-2011, 09:27 PM
For commons or anything else that doesn't sell, consider donating them to a local hospital (especially if it's a childern's hospital). The kids there enjoy having something given to them that's fun during what, to them, seems like an indefinite confinement.

Dave Miedema