PDA

View Full Version : 8D Auction

yanks12025
12-15-2011, 04:40 PM
Quick questions..

In the rules, it shows two different times that your bid is supposed to be placed on the item. One shows 8pm EST, while the other is 8pm PST. I'm talking about rules 2 and 3.

Then I'm bidding on several different lots and two of the lots are ending at the same time. But the other one is ending 15 minutes before the others. How come???

legaleagle92481
12-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Quick questions..

In the rules, it shows two different times that your bid is supposed to be placed on the item. One shows 8pm EST, while the other is 8pm PST. I'm talking about rules 2 and 3.

Then I'm bidding on several different lots and two of the lots are ending at the same time. But the other one is ending 15 minutes before the others. How come???

The clock on the top on here says there are 6 hours left in the auction. So I would assume its PST as its 5pm in the east. I also know Chris lives on the west coast so I presume its PST.

xpress34
12-15-2011, 05:03 PM
I agree with LE. My guess is the EST is a typo.

cns1
12-15-2011, 09:09 PM
Quick questions..

I don't know about the EST vs PST question, but I think the 15 minute difference has to do with the 15 minute rule. If there is only one bid on an item, it ends at 11 EST, but if there are two or more bids the 15 minute rule kicks in which results in that item ending at least 15 minutes past those with only one bid.

Then again, maybe I don't know what I'm talking about :eek:

Lance Robertson
Binghamton NY
http://chipsnstuff.com/NYGiants/Jerseys/ny_giants_collection.htm

frikativ54
12-15-2011, 09:13 PM
Good luck to those bidding. :)

bronx_burner
12-15-2011, 11:17 PM
Looks like individual lots are closing after 15 minutes without a bid. The way the rules read, it seemed to me all lots with more than 1 bid would remain open until the entire auction went 15 minutes without any bids. I'm not complaining.

yanks12025
12-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Yeah I noticed that also.. But I'm happy, picked up the Chambliss rookie bat and 1977 pants. Wish I had the money and could pick up the 1976 jersey.

cliffjmp33
12-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Interested in seeing what people were bidding on/won. I'm watching the McCovey bids (not bidding though) now, and I just keep refreshing.

Best of luck to all still bidding and congrats to those who won!

xpress34
12-15-2011, 11:20 PM
I WON!!!

Sandy Koufax AU Mitchell & Ness Jersey

Pablo Sandoval GU AU Batting Gloves

Dennis Quaid 'The Rookie' AU Ball

I got outbid on:

Willie Mays AU Mitchell & Ness Jersey and just couldn't pull the trigger to go higher....

Was watching:

Hamilton GU AU Bat

McGwire GU Bat

Class of 1999 HOF AU Ball

Ripken AU Hat

Musial AU Ball

I'm plenty pleased... not sure what shipping will be yet, but with Buyer's Premium (15%), I'm still under $500....

- Smitty

bronx_burner
12-15-2011, 11:23 PM
Yeah I noticed that also.. But I'm happy, picked up the Chambliss rookie bat and 1977 pants. Wish I had the money and could pick up the 1976 jersey.

I don't have 25 grand to throw around, but if I did, I'd have grabbed it. I own the pants he wore in that game. I think the winner did great, at least from a Yankee fans perspective.

legaleagle92481
12-15-2011, 11:27 PM
i won the asomanga raiders jersey and the kevin williams vikings jersey. lost the steve hutchinson vikings jersey. anytime you can pick up two many time probowler's jerseys for under 800 bucks before bp its worth it. great auction. congrats to the other winners.

cliffjmp33
12-15-2011, 11:29 PM
Congrats Smitty!

I won the only thing I was bidding on, the Mariano Rivera '99 Game Issued jersey. I'm interested in seeing what the final price is with premium and shipping, but to say the least I am a happy man at the moment.

bronx_burner
12-15-2011, 11:30 PM
Looks like nobody won anything yet. Items appear to be open again. Wow, thats not really cool.

cliffjmp33
12-15-2011, 11:31 PM
Looks like nobody won anything yet. Items appear to be open again. Wow, thats not really cool.

Yeah, just saw that. Maybe Chris or someone can explain that one? (Or maybe I need to read the rules better?).

yanks12025
12-15-2011, 11:34 PM
I don't think that right at all..

yanks12025
12-15-2011, 11:36 PM
So now if I get outbid, how is that fair. Reopening a auction after it closed.

CollectGU
12-15-2011, 11:36 PM
I showed I won two items and now they are back open WTF is going on!!!

CollectGU
12-15-2011, 11:38 PM
now I am showing i won them again.......Does anyone know what is happening

cliffjmp33
I feel like a complete A$$hole asking what people won now! My sincere apologies as wasn't trying to screw anyone over. I though 15 minute rule closed it.

bronx_burner
Not only are the items back open, but it seems if I want to I can bid on an item right now that I did not bid on before 8 PST.

dtsa
12-15-2011, 11:40 PM
Very confused.now it says that bidding is open for another hour even though there was only my one bid on an auction I was/am bidding on.

CollectGU
12-15-2011, 11:41 PM
It appears I can now bid on anything...?????

ChrisCavalier
12-15-2011, 11:43 PM
Bidding is still open. As per the terms and conditions, the entire auction closes after 15 minutes pass with no bids in the auction. There was a temporary issue with the software that has been adjusted. We will announce when the auction closes. Sorry for any confusion.

Sincerely,
Chris

xpress34
12-15-2011, 11:43 PM
WTF?!?!?

We're not even talking a 15 minute window - it's extended another HOUR...

If this is for real, this is BS!!!

2. The final day for bidding on items will be listed on the 8D Auction website and 8D Auctions will also send out reminders of the auction close date. The regular session for the auction will close at 8:00 pm PST (Pacific Standard Time). After 8:00 pm PST, the 15 minute rule will be in effect. Specifically, on the night of the auction closing, starting at 8:00 pm PST, the entire auction will be extended and remain open until no bids have been placed, either online or by phone, for a period of 15 minutes. During that time period, if any bids are placed, either online or by phone, the entire auction will be extended another 15 minutes. Once 15 minutes pass without any bids being placed, either online or by phone, the entire auction will close. This rule is intended to allow all bidders who have placed bids prior to 8:00 pm PST on the final day of the auction the opportunity to place final bids prior to an item’s close without getting shut out due to time constraints or busy phone lines. When the auction is over, callers will be greeted with a message letting them know the auction is over and a message will also appear on the website stating that the auction has ended.

So how does 15 minutes become an HOUR? I would really like an answer to this question.

cliffjmp33
12-15-2011, 11:44 PM
I'll repeat "I feel like a complete A$$hole asking what people won now! My sincere apologies as wasn't trying to screw anyone over."

xpress34
12-15-2011, 11:45 PM
Bidding is still open. As per the terms and conditions, the entire auction closes after 15 minutes pass with no bids in the auction. There was a temporary issue with the software that has been adjusted. We will announce when the auction closes. Sorry for any confusion.

Sincerely,
Chris

Chris -

I was writing when you were, but I have refreshed, logged out and logged back in and everyone of my auctions says 45+ minutes still remaining...

How is that a 15 minute window? Unless the software issue is still occurring?

- Smitty

yanks12025
12-15-2011, 11:46 PM
So if the guy gets outbid on that Chambliss jersey, how is that fair to him?? Or all the other items that had 1 bid.

trsent

Sincerely,
Chris

The clock when I look at it right now shows 45 minutes or so left.

bronx_burner
I'll repeat "I feel like a complete A$$hole asking what people won now! My sincere apologies as wasn't trying to screw anyone over."

I wouldn't sweat that. Otherwise you would be screwing yourself too announcing what you had won, right?

slam
12-15-2011, 11:47 PM
I think someone must have screwed up on the closing of the items. In order to make it up they must have extended the initial bidding period a hour. Then another 15 min with no bid on any items before closing. Just my guess.

bronx_burner
12-15-2011, 11:48 PM

Sincerely,
Chris

Seems that items with only one bid can be bid on by anybody right now. That contradicts the idea that you had to have placed a bid on an item prior to 8 to bid again after 8.

CollectGU

Sincerely,
Chris

Chris,

I and others watched as the clocked clicked down for 15 minutes without a bid and listed us the winners on those items and that they were now closed, and now they back open! This is wrong!

Dave

slam
Chris beat me to the post.

cliffjmp33
I wouldn't sweat that. Otherwise you would be screwing yourself too announcing what you had won, right?

True. Still feel bad and dumb on my own behalf.

CollectGU
12-15-2011, 11:51 PM
Currently in my accounts, it is asking me to referesh my screen so see the accurate time left on the lots that I am winning. When I referesh my screen, there is no clock counting down because earlier it counted 15minutes from my last bid without another bid and then listed it as closed. It can't count down becasuee the clock hit ZERO!

yanks12025
12-15-2011, 11:52 PM
Now i look stupid saying what items I bid on. Guess I wont be the winner after all.

legaleagle92481
12-15-2011, 11:52 PM
i am so lost.

cliffjmp33
12-15-2011, 11:53 PM
Now i look stupid saying what items I bid on. Guess I wont be the winner after all.

And I apologize for asking what everyone won. I feel like an A$$.

OaklandAsFan
12-15-2011, 11:55 PM
seems to me that there may be a glitch in the system, too bad they couldn't work out all the glitches before the auction went live. Unfortunately you never know whats gonna happen when you put a system online.

legaleagle92481
12-15-2011, 11:56 PM
got sniped on the asomagua not happy.

CollectGU
12-15-2011, 11:58 PM

This is absolutely worng! You won the jersey at $500, and now you get hosed. Just waiting for it to happen on my items too......

trsent
12-15-2011, 11:58 PM
I guess we have to give them the benefit of the doubt since it is their first auction. The Simple Auction Site people have enough customers and experience now that they should never have let this confusion happen, even with a new auction site, but still I'm sure 8D is panicking more than us on this forum.

I also assume if you are the only bidder on an item and 8PM Pacific passed and you were the first and only bidder on a lot 8D will honor their policy if you bring it to their attention.

hawkeyetennis
12-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Wow, is there a special prize for winning an auction twice? Never seen this before!! Waiting for a clear explanation or does this just go with the territory?

bronx_burner
12-15-2011, 11:59 PM
How many bids were there when the original 15 minute clock ticked off?

legaleagle92481
12-16-2011, 12:00 AM
I guess we have to give them the benefit of the doubt since it is their first auction. The Simple Auction Site people have enough customers and experience now that they should never have let this confusion happen, even with a new auction site, but still I'm sure 8D is panicking more than us on this forum.

I also assume if you are the only bidder on an item and 8PM Pacific passed and you were the first and only bidder on a lot 8D will honor their policy if you bring it to their attention.

Hopefully I was the only bidder on the Asomagua until after 8pm pacific or 11pm eastern and it would have been a sweet deal.

legaleagle92481
12-16-2011, 12:00 AM
How many bids were there when the original 15 minute clock ticked off?

just mine. now theres a few and i was outbid.

xpress34
12-16-2011, 12:03 AM
According to the rules:

3. In order to be eligible to bid on a particular item while the 15 minute rule is in effect, you must place a bid on that item before the regular session closing time of 8:00 pm PST on the night of the auction close. While the 15 minute rule is designed to make sure no one gets shut out during the closing of an item, in fairness to other bidders you must have expressed interest in a particular item by bidding on it during the regular session to be extended this courtesy.

IF this is true, then NO ONE else should be able to bid on items that anyone was the SOLE bidder on during 'regulation' and NO ONE AT ALL should be able to go back and bid on items with ZERO bids.

It also means that only 1 or 2 other bidders should be able to bid on one of the items I thought I had won because there was a bid when I placed my max and I only got bumped 1 time.

BUT, as everyone else has pointed out, EVERY item appears to be open for bidding. I'm not willing to test it, because if I won another item that I bid on just to test it, I would probably be held liable per the rules to pay for it even though I shouldn't be able to bid on it.

I guess we'll all see what happens when the smoke clears....

trsent
12-16-2011, 12:05 AM
Hopefully I was the only bidder on the Asomagua until after 8pm pacific or 11pm eastern and it would have been a sweet deal.

The confusion is that the original time clock expired at 8:15PM Pacific even though I believe the rules state the initial bid must be placed by 8:00PM Pacific to continue bidding.

Rule #3 copied from their site:

3. In order to be eligible to bid on a particular item while the 15 minute rule is in effect, you must place a bid on that item before the regular session closing time of 8:00 pm PST on the night of the auction close. While the 15 minute rule is designed to make sure no one gets shut out during the closing of an item, in fairness to other bidders you must have expressed interest in a particular item by bidding on it during the regular session to be extended this courtesy.

So hopefully you are correct and their bids are time stamped and they will honor this rule. I do understand how a bidder could be confused as the original clock was set on each auction page to expire at 8:15PM Pacific which could confuse things a bit.

bronx_burner
12-16-2011, 12:07 AM
According to the rules:

IF this is true, then NO ONE else should be able to bid on items that anyone was the SOLE bidder on during 'regulation' and NO ONE AT ALL should be able to go back and bid on items with ZERO bids.

It also means that only 1 or 2 other bidders should be able to bid on one of the items I thought I had won because there was a bid when I placed my max and I only got bumped 1 time.

BUT, as everyone else has pointed out, EVERY item appears to be open for bidding. I'm not willing to test it, because if I won another item that I bid on just to test it, I would probably be held liable per the rules to pay for it even though I shouldn't be able to bid on it.

I guess we'll all see what happens when the smoke clears....

No need to test as the Asomugha jersey bidding clearly shows that it is the case that people have been able to bid on items they did not place a preliminary bid on. So that means that anyone could have bid on an item with multiple bids on it already even if they haven't placed a bid during regulation. And those are the ones that we have no way to prove. This is a disaster, plain and simple.

yanks12025
12-16-2011, 12:09 AM
They should have just let it go and chalked it up.

CollectGU
12-16-2011, 12:13 AM
The confusion is that the original time clock expired at 8:15PM Pacific even though I believe the rules state the initial bid must be placed by 8:00PM Pacific to continue bidding.

Rule #3 copied from their site:

So hopefully you are correct and their bids are time stamped and they will honor this rule. I do understand how a bidder could be confused as the original clock was set on each auction page to expire at 8:15PM Pacific which could confuse things a bit.

I don't think that that was/is correct. The clocks appeared to be counting the items down individually with a 15min. rule. I won different items at different tines after I was outbid the clock reset to 15 mins and then wen I rebid as the high bidder the clock reset to 15 mins. qnd when nom one went over me after the 15mins, it listed the auction as over with me having winning bid....

Dave

xpress34
12-16-2011, 12:13 AM
I do understand how a bidder could be confused as the original clock was set on each auction page to expire at 8:15PM Pacific which could confuse things a bit.

I don't know where you got that information, because it is not correct unless it's some hidden invisible clock.

Both the Pablo Sandoval Gloves and the Dennis Quaid Ball ticked down and CLOSED at 8pm PST (9pm MST). I watched them in real time on line and then refreshed my screen and it showed them as having been WON.

The Koufax jersey ticked down and closed at 8:15 PST (9:15 PST) because it had more than 1 bidder bidding on it. Any other auction that had more than one bidder was automatically extended by 15 minutes. I also watched it tick down, close and tell me I WON.

Then, all of a sudden there is another HOUR on the clock for ALL items and now people are getting sniped.

I truly hope 8D and the builder's of the auction site will get everyone sorted out FAIRLY.

bronx_burner
12-16-2011, 12:14 AM
Another thing is it seems to me the clock has not been resetting at all since they tacked that hour on, even though there have clearly been more bids placed.

bronx_burner
12-16-2011, 12:17 AM
Seems to me, there is going to be another surprise once this 15 minutes thats currently on the clock expires.

yanks12025
12-16-2011, 12:18 AM
Watch they will decide to end the auction another day.

trsent
12-16-2011, 12:19 AM
I don't know where you got that information, because it is not correct unless it's some hidden invisible clock.

Sorry, I got back after the 8PM Pacific time had passed and saw the clock was set at well over 15 minutes. I posted the auction rules, I didn't know anything was closed and then re-opened.

I'm still high bidder on four of the 20 or so lots I bid on. Only one of them I am the only bidder. I'll update if there is any future activity.

xpress34
12-16-2011, 12:24 AM
Watch they will decide to end the auction another day.

All I know - and I think Legal eagle will back me on this - if they don't make this right for the TRUE winners per THEIR rules, they will have a hard time enforcing any of their hardline statements on non paying bidders.

You can't just haphazardly pick and choose which parts of a contract you want to enforce.

Again, we will see what happens when the smoke clears...

If they don't make it right, it will be a HUGE Black Eye on 8D and everyone involved in this auction.

trsent
12-16-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm still high bidder on four of the 20 or so lots I bid on. Only one of them I am the only bidder. I'll update if there is any future activity.

So as soon as I post this someone bids on the Tarvaris Jackson jersey - So be it. I'm high on three lots now and they are counting down 15 minutes at least.

The lot I am high bidder on and I am the only bidder yet is still open.

hawkeyetennis
12-16-2011, 12:27 AM
Just now my My auction went from 10 min. left to 13 min. left with no additional bidders. What is happening?

cliffjmp33
12-16-2011, 12:34 AM
Past my bedtime here on the East Coast. Good luck to everyone and I'll continue to apologize for stupidly asking if anyone won anything. I'm a jerk.

xpress34
12-16-2011, 12:36 AM

Sincerely,
Chris

Chris -

Not trying to be a pain, but are there any updates? You jumped right in when this first came up, but now you have some really (and reasonably so) upset people here and no one is posting anything to explain the situation.

I understand the 15 minute extensions, but your auction extended an HOUR at first AND allowed ANYONE to bid on ANYTHING even if they hadn't placed a bid on that item before the 8pm PST 'soft close' of the auction.

Auctions with only 1 bidder should have been 'hard closed' as per the rules, you have to have placed a bid on an item prior to the 8pm close in order to bid in the 'after auction' extensions.

Would you care to give any insight or elaborate? Right now the auction appears to be running in direct violation of it's own rules.

- Smitty

bronx_burner
12-16-2011, 12:37 AM
Quitting time for me too. Not sure why you feel like an ass when it was clearly a case of 8D auctions not properly using their auction software. I'm all for cutting a little slack, but if you don't have a full grasp of it, then you don't go live with the auction.

xpress34
12-16-2011, 12:37 AM
Past my bedtime here on the East Coast. Good luck to everyone and I'll continue to apologize for stupidly asking if anyone won anything. I'm a jerk.

Jack -

You didn't design the auction page or cause this to happen man so don't sweat it... I've said it once or twice here tonight - we'll see how it plays out when the smoke clears....

Sleep well!

- Smitty

legaleagle92481
12-16-2011, 12:41 AM

Don't be so hard on yourself its not your fault in the least. I thought the auction was over also. No matter what happens they are just items.

ChrisCavalier
12-16-2011, 12:46 AM
Hello Everyone,

Just to be clear, as per the terms and conditions, the auction closes after 15 minutes passes without a bid in the entire auction. There was a temporary glitch in the system and it was restored. No one is being unjustly treated as is stated in the terms and conditions agreed by all bidders. There are time stamps showing the bidding so there is empirical evidence that bidding was taking place during the few minute glitch. In fact, if anything it would help the bidders if people did think the auction was closed.

Again, sorry if there was any confusion but there simply was nothing unjust going on.

Sincerely,
Chris

xpress34
12-16-2011, 12:50 AM
Never mind my other statements. After re-reading the rules (again), here are their loopholes to let the auctions stand when they finally do close:

19.In no event will 8D Auctions liability to a purchaser exceed the purchase price actually paid for any lot. 8D Auctions, at its sole discretion, also reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids by any bidder.

20.8D Auctions reserves the right to postpone or delay any auction, for a reasonable period of time, due to any significant, relevant event which, in the sole judgment of the auctioneer, makes it inadvisable to hold the auction as scheduled, without recourse from any bidder, prospective bidder or seller.

If you read that in simple terms, they can just claim they rejected any 'lower' bidder's bid and accept the higher bid and even though you followed all the other rules, you are SOL.

trsent
12-16-2011, 12:54 AM
Never mind my other statements. After re-reading the rules (again), here are their loopholes to let the auctions stand when they finally do close:

If you read that in simple terms, they can just claim they rejected any 'lower' bidder's bid and accept the higher bid and even though you followed all the other rules, you are SOL.

Who reads down that far? Good catch, so the auction is open and anyone can bid.

Now we can wait for the 15 minutes to pass to see what we won!

OaklandAsFan
12-16-2011, 12:57 AM
just rest, what item has the pissing match going on that keeps resetting the clock? We were down to 6 min

OaklandAsFan
12-16-2011, 12:58 AM
should have read just RESET, not rest. we really do need an edit function

OaklandAsFan
12-16-2011, 01:13 AM
this 15 minute rule is ridiculous, we were down to a minute and someone bid on something again resetting the clock.

trsent
12-16-2011, 01:41 AM
This is common for most auctions. Just when you start to get excited that it is going to end, somoene bids once again!

OaklandAsFan
12-16-2011, 01:42 AM
it always with a minute or less left, I almost think someone is just playing games :)

trsent
12-16-2011, 01:58 AM
Appears the auction is now closed.

OaklandAsFan
12-16-2011, 01:59 AM
yes dare to say it appears to be closed now. I'm happy with what I won

mickeymbz
12-16-2011, 02:35 AM
sweet,,, bears knox shirt for under 400 and complete bennett uni for 600

gminletfitness
12-16-2011, 05:29 AM
Hey guys..

Do you think we will get our items before X-mas?

Blake
12-16-2011, 06:00 AM
Thoughts on the Faulk jersey?

I haven't been collecting for the last 3 years. I'm not sure 2am (local) last night was a good time to start!

At least part goes to charity.

perlman9
12-16-2011, 06:52 AM
I was a little bummed as i never received an outbid notice and just thought I was winning the auction. Guess I will have to stay connected next time. Did some have reserves? I looked at the jersey I lost but shows no final bid so am wondering if no one won it??

trsent
12-16-2011, 07:38 AM
I was a little bummed as i never received an outbid notice and just thought I was winning the auction. Guess I will have to stay connected next time. Did some have reserves? I looked at the jersey I lost but shows no final bid so am wondering if no one won it??

If you look in your account status while logged into the auction it shows any items you bid on and their final hammer price for what you won and what you lost. I see the lots themselves don't show the final price.

jhunt28
12-16-2011, 08:35 AM
I wonder if there were plenty of reserves? I won a jersey in which I was the only bid, it shows as "winning" under my account, but I never got an email saying that I won the jersey.

xpress34
12-16-2011, 08:57 AM
Just got up and per my account, I was pleased to see that I didn't get sniped on anything.

Wishing he best for the others who after 8pm PST were the only bidders on their lots only to see other bids allowed in the 'after auction event'.

yanks12025
12-16-2011, 08:57 AM
But if there were reserves, I took the rules as the house would bid till reaching the reserve.

CollectGU
12-16-2011, 09:17 AM
I wonder if there were plenty of reserves? I won a jersey in which I was the only bid, it shows as "winning" under my account, but I never got an email saying that I won the jersey.

What item was it? If there was a reserve it was disclosed in the description of the item

jhunt28
12-16-2011, 10:19 AM
It was the game worn Bills Merriman jersey...I was the only bid for $400, and it says "winning" bid when I look under my account details, but I never received an email saying that I won, nor do I see any fees added onto my winning bid.

jhunt28
12-16-2011, 10:22 AM
Perhaps I looked too early in the morning?? Now "winning" has been changed to "won"...

CollectGU
12-16-2011, 10:48 AM
I still ended up winning my items, and was pleased . The ripken game used ball from 2,131 signed by all 4 umpires (thsese are generally considered the real ones not the derwood murell ones), which I have seen sell for 2-3K in other auctions.n Also, the david harris Jets helmet for under $500 which I thought was great.

I feel bad for anyone who got sniped.

Dave

legaleagle92481
12-16-2011, 11:51 AM
All in all not bad. I am not thrilled about getting sniped but I only bid on the jersey because it was a steal at $500. There are so many of them on the market from his Raiders days that I couldn't justify paying more than that. I didn't want to snipe anybody so I bid on the Hutchinson that i thought i lost earlier and won that and the Williams. Two possible hall of famers for around $600 bucks very good deal. Plus I like how some of the money is going to charity.

gminletfitness
12-16-2011, 03:38 PM
Has anyone received their INVOICE yet?? I tried to call and confirm with 8D auctions but no response.....

cliffjmp33
12-16-2011, 04:41 PM
Happy to say I remained the high bidder on the '99 Rivera jersey and didn't get sniped after heading to bed. Congrats to all the winners and appreciate the opportunity Chris and 8D provided with the auction.

ChrisCavalier
12-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Hello Everyone,

As per the email we sent out after the auction closed, invoices will be sent out likely by tomorrow at the latest.

Despite all the negative speculation, we listed the items that had reserves (there were only a handful) directly in the lot descriptions. This was stated in the terms and conditions but I am guessing not many people actually read all the T&C's.

As always, we run our operations with the utmost integrity and do everything as fairly as possible. This was our first auction with our new staff and there were some issues with the software configuration during the auction close. We recoginized it immediately and made the adjustments as quickly as we could. The net result was that the auction did close in a manner consistent with the way it was stated in the terms and conditions and no one was disserviced.

For those saying this is "Black Eye" or whatever, we will have to disagree. We have always run our auctions with the utmost integrity and when mistakes are made (which will undoubtedly happen because we are human) we look to fix them immediately and make sure no one is unjustly treated.

I hope that answers your questions and, once again, invoices will be going out over the next few days. In the interim, if you want to find out if you won your items you can find out by looking into your 'My Account' tab on the site.

Sincerely,
Chris

Mulligans
12-17-2011, 06:48 AM
Just an FYI.....whoever won the Sidney Rice Jersey.......he did not play in the 10/19/2008 game. He was out for several weeks with a knee injury. I didn't pick up on it until late and the jersey looked real clean. I didn't get to notify the Auction house until the last day....maybe you want to let someone know before it goes out and save a bit of a hassle?

perlman9
12-17-2011, 08:56 AM
Also, I wasn't saying there were hidden reserves, I only ask as I was after the Orange Renaldo Hill and lost last minute, and if it sold for that amount, just gives me a value to try and work on getting another jersey. Thanks! If someone here got the Hill and wants to move I will buy!

yanks12025
12-17-2011, 12:00 PM
Chris,
Was just curious. So the people who were the only bidder on a item at 8 and then someone bid during that glitch. They will be given the winning bid, not the people who bidded after 8.

Tay1038
12-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Chris, I've sent you a couple emails within the past 7 days and haven't heard a response. Please advise.

dtsa
12-18-2011, 10:16 AM
So 8d will charge our credit card on file and send out our loot? Just wondering what the invoice is unless it's just to tell us what is getting put on our accounts. Anyone know?

xpress34
12-18-2011, 10:42 AM
So 8d will charge our credit card on file and send out our loot? Just wondering what the invoice is unless it's just to tell us what is getting put on our accounts. Anyone know?

Your Credit Card will only be charged if you don't settle your account in some other fashion once the invoices are sent.

Just like putting your card down to check into a hotel or to rent a car. That card will only be charged if you choose to use it as payment.

I plan on making payment via Money Order or through my ATM Debit Visa so I don't have to pay the interest to my CC. That is I will do that once invoices are available...

Hope this helps.

dtsa
12-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Thx! I know that my email provider will block the invoice so I
Just want to make sure I pay up. I take it that they haven't gone out yet?

trsent
12-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Thx! I know that my email provider will block the invoice so I
Just want to make sure I pay up. I take it that they haven't gone out yet?

I received my invoice yesterday. If I remember correctly, they will bill your credit card directly if you don't email or call them with payment in 14 days. You should check your spam folder if you have them blocked.

Blake
12-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Thoughts on the Faulk jersey?

I haven't been collecting for the last 3 years. I'm not sure 2am (local) last night was a good time to start!

At least part goes to charity.

Any thoughts on the Faulk jersey?

gminletfitness
12-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Any thoughts on Felix Jones game used helmet??

OaklandAsFan
12-18-2011, 02:14 PM
I still haven't received an invoice for my items, I checked my spam folder as well. Nothing.

earlywynnfan
12-18-2011, 03:22 PM
I haven't either, nor is there an invoice on my account page.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

xpress34
12-18-2011, 04:52 PM
I haven't either, nor is there an invoice on my account page.

Ken

Same here. No invoice available on acct page, so I have no idea what the shipping is and I do NOT want to pay with my CC on file.

My question is this:

Based on all the hoopla over the auction extension (I still haven't gotten an answer to why it was extended an HOUR and not just 15minute increments) does the 14 days to pay start at the ORIGINAL End of your auction or the ACTUAL end of ALL auctions?

It is important as the ORIGINAL end date was the 15th, but the actual end date was the 16th.

Also, is the 14 days from the end or from the day they send you your invoice? I can't pay something I don't know the total on.

gminletfitness
12-18-2011, 07:37 PM
I just got my invoice and paid :)
Hope you guys get yours soon...

OaklandAsFan
12-18-2011, 10:07 PM
finally got my invoice and just paid as well. Overall prices seemed to be low IMO does everyone else think that?

earlywynnfan
12-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Invoice received and paid for. Can't wait to get my jersey!

Ken

yanks12025
12-19-2011, 11:13 AM
How long till they mail our stuff for the people who have already paid for their items. Thanks

gminletfitness
12-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Hopefully they ship soon.. I called and said they ship FED EX express.. So I hope by Wed or Thursday...

Larry Pelliccioni
12-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Are the results of the 8D auction posted anywhere?
Larry Pelliccioni

MSpecht
12-19-2011, 04:45 PM
This should get you there Larry.

http://8dauctions.com/catalog.aspx

Mike

slab0meat
12-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Happy to say I remained the high bidder on the '99 Rivera jersey and didn't get sniped after heading to bed. Congrats to all the winners and appreciate the opportunity Chris and 8D provided with the auction.

May I ask what that jersey went for?

cliffjmp33
12-19-2011, 09:46 PM
May I ask what that jersey went for?

Absolutely, $622.15 with premium factored in, just a hair more for shipping to bump it just over $640.

xpress34
12-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Got my invoice on my acct and paid.

Koufax AU Mitchell and Ness Jersey (#d/169)

Pablo Sandoval AU/GU Batting Gloves

Dennis Quaid AU baseball w/ 'The Rookie' inscription

All done w/ Buyer's Premium and Shipping UNDER $500.

Bondsgloves
12-20-2011, 12:38 AM
Got my invoice on my acct and paid.

Koufax AU Mitchell and Ness Jersey (#d/169)

Pablo Sandoval AU/GU Batting Gloves

Dennis Quaid AU baseball w/ 'The Rookie' inscription

All done w/ Buyer's Premium and Shipping UNDER $500.

Funny, that Dennis Quaid ball was in my collection at one time. I personally got that one signed and asked for the inscription.:)

xpress34
12-20-2011, 01:06 AM
Funny, that Dennis Quaid ball was in my collection at one time. I personally got that one signed and asked for the inscription.:)

It's going to go on display next to my Jim Morris AU Signature Rookies Card!

gminletfitness
12-20-2011, 06:09 AM
Won the Dallas Cowboys Game Used Felix Jones helmet and equipment bag!! Can't wait to get them in!!
Merry Christmas to me! lol

loanapprover
12-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Won the Jim Thome game used/signed Phillies bat. Will look great in my Phillies collection and a future HOF to boot.

hawkeyetennis
12-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Anyone still not received an invoice? Nothing emailed as of this morning.

cliffjmp33
12-20-2011, 10:14 AM
I received mine on Sunday. You can always login and go to your account on 8D Auctions and there is an option to view your invoice there.

yanks12025
12-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Any news on shipping?

slab0meat
12-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Absolutely, $622.15 with premium factored in, just a hair more for shipping to bump it just over $640.

Thanks. I bid early but wasn't prepared to go that high at this time.

Congrats!

dtsa
12-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Got my tracking number this afternoon.

cliffjmp33
12-21-2011, 12:08 AM
Got my tracking info too, very happy with the service to boot! I'll post photos once it arrives.

slab0meat, I appreciate the kind words.

legaleagle92481
12-21-2011, 01:25 AM
Anyone still not received an invoice? Nothing emailed as of this morning.

Check you spam. I didn't get my invoice until very late Sunday night.

gminletfitness
12-21-2011, 06:37 AM
Damn. Just got my tracking info! Due to weight it was shipped Fed Ex ground! Won't be here till after 12/25/2011.... That stinks.

favrenvikes09
12-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Damn. Just got my tracking info! Due to weight it was shipped Fed Ex ground! Won't be here till after 12/25/2011.... That stinks.

Thats why I called to have them ship two day so its here by Saturday and pay the difference from what they initially charged for shipping.

yanks12025
12-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Not sure why mine weren't shipped, cause I paid right away also.

xpress34
12-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Never 'received' an invoice - had to look it up under My Acct on Auction Site.

Paid it and still waiting for Shipping Info/Tracking #.

ChrisCavalier
12-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Never 'received' an invoice - had to look it up under My Acct on Auction Site.
Chris, as stated in the terms and conditions, "Notification may be by mail, email, telephone, fax, or any combination of these media. Winning bidders may also access their invoices by logging in to their “Accounts” tab on the 8D Auctions website. This ability will constitute notification of payments due for all internet bidders." Your invoice was mailed to the email address you have on file. I do not know why you did not receive the invoice.

Paid it and still waiting for Shipping Info/Tracking #.
Also as per the terms and conditions, "with the exception of personal checks, payments are registered immediately and shipment of items occurs as soon as possible, usually within a few days." Your payment was made by credit card and it needed to settle before we ship. It was shipped within the terms outlined above.

I can't help but feel you are trying to paint a negative picture of a process that we are handling as efficiently as possible and we have even gone out of our way to handle special requests by some winning bidders. If you have any questions, maybe you should email me first before posting these statements which appear as an attempt to cast a negative light on things.

For everyone else, we are in the process of shipping everything as quickly as possible as stated in the terms and conditions. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 925.413.1429.

Sincerely,
Chris

xpress34
12-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Chris, as stated in the terms and conditions, "Notification may be by mail, email, telephone, fax, or any combination of these media. Winning bidders may also access their invoices by logging in to their “Accounts” tab on the 8D Auctions website. This ability will constitute notification of payments due for all internet bidders." Your invoice was mailed to the email address you have on file. I do not know why you did not receive the invoice.

Also as per the terms and conditions, "with the exception of personal checks, payments are registered immediately and shipment of items occurs as soon as possible, usually within a few days." Your payment was made by credit card and it needed to settle before we ship. It was shipped within the terms outlined above.

I can't help but feel you are trying to paint a negative picture of a process that we are handling as efficiently as possible and we have even gone out of our way to handle special requests by some winning bidders. If you have any questions, maybe you should email me first before posting these statements which appear as an attempt to cast a negative light on things.

For everyone else, we are in the process of shipping everything as quickly as possible as stated in the terms and conditions. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 925.413.1429.

Sincerely,
Chris

Chris -

Not trying to paint a negative picture. Simply stating my case like everyone else here has so they know they can find their invoices in their accts.

I had no ill will in mentioning I had not seen tracking/shipping info yet. Others mentioned it, yet they weren't called out about it.

I hope we can consider this issue closed. I am still waiting to hear from you or a mod on the other issue I eMailed you about.

- Smitty

yanks12025
12-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Smitty,

I don't see where you said anything negative. I too asked about the shipping. Curious cause others received there's yesterdau and I've got nothing. And I paid just as fast.