PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else keep refreshing the Packers Pro Shop website screen?

kneerat
12-14-2011, 11:39 AM
I know I have been. I thought they may list the shirts from the Raiders game. I wouldn't mind a Mathews or Woodson jersey.

happyyoungster
12-14-2011, 11:50 AM
I know I have been. I thought they may list the shirts from the Raiders game. I wouldn't mind a Mathews or Woodson jersey.

One word: YES.

Mulligans
12-14-2011, 12:09 PM
I was clicking for awhile and then the proshop responded to my email saying that that had no plans for additional Green or White Jerseys to be released on the website? :mad:

legaleagle92481
12-14-2011, 12:11 PM

They only have sold Burnett, Nelson, Bulaga, B.J., Rodgers, Shields, Crosby and Tramon Williams since they started doing this. Last year they had throwbacks jerseys for rest of team including Matthews though but they are not selling those this year. Woodson was only guy not offered in throwbacks sale. Only Packers Woodson I have seen was on NFl Auctions last year.

Dewey2007
12-14-2011, 12:14 PM
If I remember correctly, aside from the throwbacks, didn't they only release jerseys from one or two regular season games last year as well? That's what it seemed like they did this year except for the Rodgers road jersey.

legaleagle92481
12-14-2011, 12:17 PM
If I remember correctly, aside from the throwbacks, didn't they only release jerseys from one or two regular season games last year as well? That's what it seemed like they did this year except for the Rodgers road jersey.

Last year was strictly home games. I believe it was maybe three Rodgers (there was one on Ebay before the playoffs, JO had one and I believe Gil (IVO) has one). The other players it was one possibly two.

Dewey2007
12-14-2011, 12:21 PM
I think the one on eBay was the same that JO had for sale too. It believe it was from the Dallas game. They must have bought it off the guy.

Last year was strictly home games. I believe it was maybe three Rodgers (there was one on Ebay before the playoffs, JO had one and I believe Gil (IVO) has one). The other players it was one possibly two.

legaleagle92481
12-14-2011, 12:27 PM
I think the one on eBay was the same that JO had for sale too. It believe it was from the Dallas game. They must have bought it off the guy.

It was a different game I think it was a prime-time game against the Vikings. I almost bought that one so I was very familiar with it. The seller was willing to let it go for six grand which at time seemed high but now was a steal. I regret missing that one.

Dewey2007
12-14-2011, 12:32 PM
You might be right but the JO one was definitely from the Packers so they either bought it from the website or got it from someone else who did. You can see their tag in the collar. http://josportsco.com/view_product.asp?ProductID=6580

The Desmond Bishop jersey I picked up from the Packers is from the Dallas game too and I think that was the only non throwback of his they sold.

It was a different game I think it was a prime-time game against the Vikings. I almost bought that one so I was very familiar with it. The seller was willing to let it go for six grand which at time seemed high but now was a steal. I regret missing that one.

kneerat
12-14-2011, 12:48 PM
I am pretty sure the first Rodgers the Packers sold went for only 3500 dollars. The Vikings one sold for 4000 and am pretty sure the Cowboys one sold for 5k...

legaleagle92481
12-14-2011, 12:52 PM
You might be right but the JO one was definitely from the Packers so they either bought it from the website or got it from someone else who did. You can see their tag in the collar. http://josportsco.com/view_product.asp?ProductID=6580

The Desmond Bishop jersey I picked up from the Packers is from the Dallas game too and I think that was the only non throwback of his they sold.

They got it from a member on here I recall him posting pics of it right before it showed up on JO's site. I have a question for all of you guys though, do you feel that 2k for the remaining players is fair? I am mulling picking one just to have one up from what could be first 19-0 season ever but the price is making me pause.

kneerat
12-14-2011, 01:00 PM
If the Packers actually do go 19-0, I think it may be worth it. If they win the SB and dont go 19-0, it may be worth it, if they don't you will never get your money back out of them.

gwh11
12-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Just to clarify a few things: The Pro Shop sold the first Rodgers jersey last year for $3000. All told, they sold 5 or 6 of his shirts (not counting the throwback). Jerseys from players like Finley, Collins and Jennings were also sold.
If someone really wants a $2K Sam Shields or Mason Crosby jersey as a momento from what is shaping up to be a historic season, then go for it. But don't look at it as a good investment. Get it because you want to keep it in your collection for a long time. Even if they run the table, I would think you'll be hard-pressed to recoup all of your money.
-Guy

Mulligans
12-14-2011, 01:54 PM
Agree 100%.

A Burnett just popped up on NFL Auctions.....

legaleagle92481
12-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Just to clarify a few things: The Pro Shop sold the first Rodgers jersey last year for $3000. All told, they sold 5 or 6 of his shirts (not counting the throwback). Jerseys from players like Finley, Collins and Jennings were also sold.
If someone really wants a $2K Sam Shields or Mason Crosby jersey as a momento from what is shaping up to be a historic season, then go for it. But don't look at it as a good investment. Get it because you want to keep it in your collection for a long time. Even if they run the table, I would think you'll be hard-pressed to recoup all of your money.
-Guy

They sold all those Rodgers last year? Or are you counting the two from this year as well? Thanks for the advice on the Shields and Crosby. I agree with all you said.

Gillymo
12-14-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm hitting it several times a day. Not sure who I'd pay 2K for though outside of the "big guys" (A.Rod,Matthews,Woodson)

jake33
12-14-2011, 05:27 PM
$2,000 for the remaining players, even if they go 19-0 and/or win the super bowl. I would say it isn't worth that price for Sields and Crosby or whoever the other player is. Probably for a star player, but for a kicker and a very good cornerback, not at all. And you know bogus jerseys will hit the market if they go 19-0.

$2,000. You could really get some really premeire items for that price. Are Patriots jerseys from their 18-1 season worth $2,000 for their local star players, i am not sure agame worn super bowl jersey from the giants or pats from that season is worth $2,000?

Heck, even though the Bucs only went 12-4 in their 2002 super bowl run, I am hard pressed to sell a photo matched super bowl (and playoffs) game used Bucs helmet for $850. There are only about 40 helmets worn in the Bucs only super bowl win on the planet, and the only one I ever seen hit the market. I have a photo matched game used Kenyatta Walker (former 1st round pick) game use jersey from the 2002 NFC title, and Bucs jerseys are hard to get and it is probably worth $175 on the open market at best. I maybe could get $400 for it, if I put a fixed price auction for it on ebay and relisted it for a year.

Is a 1985 Bears super bowl worn jersey of say.... Willie Gault worth $2,000? Questionable, I would say. A McMahon or Fridge jersey from 1985 would maybe be in the $3,000-$5,000 range at most.

$2,000 for Sam Shields. The fact that so many people know of the packer jerseys and those still sit there should say a lot.

Flamechicken
12-14-2011, 07:25 PM
$2,000 for the remaining players, even if they go 19-0 and/or win the super bowl. I would say it isn't worth that price for Sields and Crosby or whoever the other player is. Probably for a star player, but for a kicker and a very good cornerback, not at all. And you know bogus jerseys will hit the market if they go 19-0.

$2,000. You could really get some really premeire items for that price. Are Patriots jerseys from their 18-1 season worth $2,000 for their local star players, i am not sure agame worn super bowl jersey from the giants or pats from that season is worth $2,000?

Heck, even though the Bucs only went 12-4 in their 2002 super bowl run, I am hard pressed to sell a photo matched super bowl (and playoffs) game used Bucs helmet for $850. There are only about 40 helmets worn in the Bucs only super bowl win on the planet, and the only one I ever seen hit the market. I have a photo matched game used Kenyatta Walker (former 1st round pick) game use jersey from the 2002 NFC title, and Bucs jerseys are hard to get and it is probably worth $175 on the open market at best. I maybe could get $400 for it, if I put a fixed price auction for it on ebay and relisted it for a year.

Is a 1985 Bears super bowl worn jersey of say.... Willie Gault worth $2,000? Questionable, I would say. A McMahon or Fridge jersey from 1985 would maybe be in the $3,000-$5,000 range at most.

$2,000 for Sam Shields. The fact that so many people know of the packer jerseys and those still sit there should say a lot.

If someone offered me an '85 Willie Gault game worn Super Bowl jersey with provenance from the Bears for $2000, I wouldn't be able to hand them the cash fast enough.

And I'm a Packers fan.

happyyoungster
12-14-2011, 10:01 PM
I have to agree with Guy on this one...

The Packers have priced these jerseys accordingly. They've left very little wiggle room to make them true investments. But, from this Packers fans' perspective, I'm "investing" in my piece of possible perfection.

My intention is to put the Tramon Williams jersey in my collection and just keep it there.

legaleagle92481
12-21-2011, 12:29 PM
The Pack apparently is getting in new jerseys. A Tramon Williams from the Raiders game is now on their site. The Shields apparently sold and they cut the price on Burnett and Crosby. Did anyone get any jerseys from the Raiders game?

legaleagle92481
12-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Also for those not following the Burnett on NFL Auctions sold for over $1,500 last night.

legaleagle92481
12-21-2011, 12:33 PM
If someone offered me an '85 Willie Gault game worn Super Bowl jersey with provenance from the Bears for $2000, I wouldn't be able to hand them the cash fast enough.

And I'm a Packers fan.

I agree with you a jersey like that would easily be worth that but those are not a good comparison because the Bears did not wear a different jersey in every game in 85 like the Pack and most other teams do today and the fact that gamers were not sold to the public back then, and 85 was so long ago, makes them much rarer.

pietraynor
12-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Price drop & Williams (vs Raiders) added. Jay