PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Bruan autographed ROMLB GAI coa

freddiefreeman5
12-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Ryan Braun autographed Rawlings Official Major League baseball.
The ball comes with a GAI coa as well as the GAI sticker on the ball.
The coa # is GV 470259

The ball is snow white and the autograph is perfect.

$40 shipped

The date on the picture is wrong.

freddiefreeman5
12-10-2011, 08:46 PM
$35 shipped

SkubeBats
12-10-2011, 08:54 PM
I'll take it..

freddiefreeman5
12-10-2011, 08:55 PM
I'll take it..
You got it. Thank you. :)

freddiefreeman5
12-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Email sent with payment info.
Take care.

SkubeBats
12-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Payment sent...

Griffey24fan
12-12-2011, 10:44 PM
IMO the ball is not authentic

SkubeBats
12-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Why do you say that?

dylanharr
12-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is not authentic

Griffey24fan
12-12-2011, 11:32 PM
email sent

dylanharr
12-12-2011, 11:46 PM
GAI is known for autheticating fake autographs. And, that doesn't look like Braun's auto

freddiefreeman5
12-13-2011, 12:31 AM
dylanharr and Griffey24fan,
I am not GAI and I did not authenticate it. I bought it from Ebay last year and it looked good to me.
Maybe you both should start your own grading company or better yet stay out of other peoples sales threads if your only purpose is to cause trouble.

I really don't appreciate your post at all. Why make it after you see that he has made payment already. Why not send him an email?

Skubats,
I am sorry for other peoples rudeness. If you have doubts about the baseball when it arrives then you can have it for free and I will refund your money.

freddiefreeman5
12-13-2011, 12:58 AM
Skubats,
You have my email, let me know if you want anything.

To the rude people on this site ..............

R.Mansfield
12-13-2011, 01:43 AM
This is another example of "everything I own is real and everything you own is fake...". Why are you guys commenting on this sale? If you don't like the item, don't buy it. No one asked for your expertise.

I think the ball looks good. I own several GAI items, autos, cards, packs...I have never had a problem with them.

All you have done here today is piss off a seller and make a buyer question a good item that he wanted. You made two people feel bad about a good deal, took another chip out of this hobby. You guys are the reason people are getting out this hobby, which hurts all of us. Mission accomplished.

Why don't you do us all a favor next time and mind your own business. This section is for buyers and sellers, not people to play a "gotcha" game.

Russell Mansfield
batdna@sbcglobal.net

trsent
12-13-2011, 01:53 AM
This is another example of "everything I own is real and everything you own is fake...". Why are you guys commenting on this sale? If you don't like the item, don't buy it. No one asked for your expertise.

I think the ball looks good. I own several GAI items, autos, cards, packs...I have never had a problem with them.

All you have done here today is piss off a seller and make a buyer question a good item that he wanted. You made two people feel bad about a good deal, took another chip out of this hobby. You guys are the reason people are getting out this hobby, which hurts all of us. Mission accomplished.

Why don't you do us all a favor next time and mind your own business. This section is for buyers and sellers, not people to play a "gotcha" game.

Russell Mansfield
batdna@sbcglobal.net

I do not have an opinion of the Ryan Braun ball being authentic or not. If I owned it I would use PSA/DNA to verify the signature as I do not trust GAI on many, many signatures.

Anyone who is serious about the autographed memorabilia industry knows that GAI is not trustworthy. That being said, I can tell you from personal experience there was a seller who sold me a bunch of autographs last year that he allowed me to return any items that PSA/DNA would not certify. There were many.

Guess what, a few weeks later that same seller took the autographs I returned to him as suspect and listed them on eBay with Global certificates. Makes me worry about their authenticating ability.

I guess what Russell is suggesting is if you see an item for sale that you feel is questionable - Do not hijack the sale thread to discuss it - Open a thread in another topic to discuss it. Maybe the Auction Items Discussions thread would be a good place since it is a current item for sale.

All that being said - I have no clue if this Ryan Braun autographed baseball is genuine or not. I am not one to give such an opinion. As a major buyer and seller of autographed memorabilia, I will give my opinion on the various authenticators if I see it being discussed.

dylanharr
12-13-2011, 08:44 AM
I'm trying to help the buyer out by letting them know they purchased a forgery. That's not rude. I'm not saying you didn't know it was a fake, just letting the buyer know, it doesn't look authentic.
Enjoy your ball

Griffey24fan
12-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Being the seller did not have an email handy to email him about the baseball I made a post strongly that said IMO (in my opinion). I am not starting anything with anyone.

Now that I have been called out I will gladly explain, GAI is an authenticator mainly for forgeries. The autograph collectors in the industry know GAI is unreliable and is mainly all forgeries. When it comes with GAI it is like there is no COA. The fact that you purchased it makes me feel even better about my opinion being it was obtained IP by you.

I am not looking to start my own authenticator and don't appreciate the comments however I feel I have a better judgement than a lot of others, because that is my main collecting interest, and the main focus on this site is GU. As far as items being GU I am still new to what is real and what is not or game used or BP used. I always look for help and have found some great members who have helped to educate me.

If you do not want my opinion I will not post them public however if I do not think it is real I will gladly email the seller asking for more information about the autograph when/where it was signed etc. In this case there was no email.

This ball has also been posted on another site (sportscollectors.net) in the opinions thread...i will not discuss the details of that unless the seller wants to email me.

SkubeBats
12-13-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm starting to not like what I'm reading about this Braun ball I bought. First Braun gets busted and now this. What else can happen?

freddiefreeman5
12-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Being the seller did not have an email handy to email him about the baseball I made a post strongly that said IMO (in my opinion). I am not starting anything with anyone.

This ball has also been posted on another site (sportscollectors.net) in the opinions thread...i will not discuss the details of that unless the seller wants to email me.
My email is available for anyone on this forum. You could have also private massaged me. So that is a lie.

This ball has never been posted on another site that I am aware of so by all means post on here for anyone to see. Otherwise that is another lie.

Back up what your say about this baseball and post the sportscollectors.net link.

freddiefreeman5
12-13-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm starting to not like what I'm reading about this Braun ball I bought. First Braun gets busted and now this. What else can happen?
You could tell others to stay out of your business.

SkubeBats
12-13-2011, 12:42 PM
freddiefreeman5 I'm not saying the ball is fake. I will compare it to other Bruan signatures I have. If it's not good I trust you to refund my money and if I think it's good then that should be enough said.

I understand people on here watchout for each other. Your are to contact the seller of questions you have before posting on here per forum rules. Yes I did notice freddiefreeman5 doesn't post his email but you could make a post asking him to contact you instead.

Griffey24fan
12-13-2011, 01:05 PM
My email is available for anyone on this forum. You could have also private massaged me. So that is a lie.

This ball has never been posted on another site that I am aware of so by all means post on here for anyone to see. Otherwise that is another lie.

Back up what your say about this baseball and post the sportscollectors.net link.

I did not see your email, if it was posted I apologize I did not see it at first glance.

As far as private messaging you, I didn't even realize I could have as I have tried in the past with some people and it does not let me. Either way I am still new to this board and am getting use to all the functions.

Here is the thread:
http://www.sportscollectors.net/MessageBoardThread.aspx?t=109227

Again I am not here to start an argument, but do not blast people calling them a liar.

Griffey24fan
12-13-2011, 01:07 PM
freddiefreeman5 I'm not saying the ball is fake. I will compare it to other Bruan signatures I have. If it's not good I trust you to refund my money and if I think it's good then that should be enough said.

I understand people on here watchout for each other. Your are to contact the seller of questions you have before posting on here per forum rules. Yes I did notice freddiefreeman5 doesn't post his email but you could make a post asking him to contact you instead.

That is my fault, I will make sure to follow fourm rules and ask for the seller to contact me in the future if something like this were to happen again.

Jordan

freddiefreeman5
12-13-2011, 01:32 PM
I did not see your email, if it was posted I apologize I did not see it at first glance.

As far as private messaging you, I didn't even realize I could have as I have tried in the past with some people and it does not let me. Either way I am still new to this board and am getting use to all the functions.

Here is the thread:
http://www.sportscollectors.net/MessageBoardThread.aspx?t=109227

Again I am not here to start an argument, but do not blast people calling them a liar.
You click on the username and view public profile for my address.

Your link leads nowhere. I even signed up to the site and it leads to this....

ACCESS RESTRICTED

You are trying to access a Premium Feature that is only available to SportsCollectors.Net Premium Members. To subscribe to our premium membership for $14.99/year, Click Here (http://www.sportscollectors.net/Subscribe.aspx). The chart below details our membership privileges

I think youre a liar. Prove it or appologize.

Griffey24fan
12-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Yes obviously you have to be a premium member to look at the boards on that site. If you want to pay the $15 for a yearly subscription be my guest. I have no reason to lie, it leads right to the thread that has your Ryan Braun baseball pictured, and the few opinions it has gotten from members.

The only apology I am making is for not following the rules and contacting you first regarding the baseball. Other than that I have no reason to apologize, I stated an opinion and you replied with your rude defensive remarks. Anyone who is a member on SCN can view the thread posted.

freddiefreeman5
12-13-2011, 01:57 PM
What date is the thread on sportscollectors.net ?

freddiefreeman5
12-13-2011, 02:04 PM
Post a copy of the first page of the thread with a pic of the "same" ball.

Go ahead.

freddiefreeman5
12-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Come on..........copy and past, it's not that hard.

I don't think you can do it because it's not there.

R.Mansfield
12-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Okay, so lets be clear, two anonymous brand new members, who are not revealing their names or e-mail address’s, are stating the auto on this ball is fake.

Their argument, everything GAI handles is counterfeit. They have not pointed out one thing on this ball to support their assertions. Is the slant of the auto off? Are there too many breaks in the flow? Are there too many starting and stopping points, hesitation marks?

All you guys have done is disrupt the selling boards. If you think everything GAI examines is fake, go broadcast it in the general discussion board.

I guess I missed this information on the GAI FAQ section and the Company’s Mission Statement where they state we only authenticate fake autographs…

By the statements you guys have made, I am lead to believe if anyone puts up an item for sale with a GAI COA/LOA, you will jump on here and allege it is fake. You are basing your opinion of this item, based only on the LOA, which is totally ridiculous.

Again, you are two poster boys for what is wrong with this hobby. Mind you own business, no one asked for two amateurs opinion of this auto. For anyone to listen to either one of you with any level of seriousness is absurd.

Russell Mansfield
batdna@sbcglobal.net

Now that I have been called out I will gladly explain, GAI is an authenticator mainly for forgeries. The autograph collectors in the industry know GAI is unreliable and is mainly all forgeries. When it comes with GAI it is like there is no COA. The fact that you purchased it makes me feel even better about my opinion being it was obtained IP by you.

I am not looking to start my own authenticator and don't appreciate the comments however I feel I have a better judgement than a lot of others, because that is my main collecting interest, and the main focus on this site is GU. As far as items being GU I am still new to what is real and what is not or game used or BP used. I always look for help and have found some great members who have helped to educate me.

If you do not want my opinion I will not post them public however if I do not think it is real I will gladly email the seller asking for more information about the autograph when/where it was signed etc. In this case there was no email.

Griffey24fan
12-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Okay, so lets be clear, two anonymous brand new members, who are not revealing their names or e-mail address’s, are stating the auto on this ball is fake.

Their argument, everything GAI handles is counterfeit. They have not pointed out one thing on this ball to support their assertions. Is the slant of the auto off? Are there too many breaks in the flow? Are there too many starting and stopping points, hesitation marks?

All you guys have done is disrupt the selling boards. If you think everything GAI examines is fake, go broadcast it in the general discussion board.

I guess I missed this information on the GAI FAQ section and the Company’s Mission Statement where they state we only authenticate fake autographs…

By the statements you guys have made, I am lead to believe if anyone puts up an item for sale with a GAI COA/LOA, you will jump on here and allege it is fake. You are basing your opinion of this item, based only on the LOA, which is totally ridiculous.

Again, you are two poster boys for what is wrong with this hobby. Mind you own business, no one asked for two amateurs opinion of this auto. For anyone to listen to either one of you with any level of seriousness is absurd.

Russell Mansfield
batdna@sbcglobal.net (batdna@sbcglobal.net)

Russell, you have proven to me you yourself are an amateur in the autograph industry. Did ACE ever say in their Mission Statement they only authenticate fakes? Didn't think so. If you knew anything about the autograph industry many forgeries get authenticated through GAI to get sold on eBay.

As far as the Ryan Braun autograph I am not a fan of the "R" in Ryan nor the spacing of the whole autograph and I do not like the way the autograph ends.

I suggest anyone who believes GAI to be real and have good stuff to join sportscollectors.net and ask some of the members their opinion of GAI. Yes they authenticate real items but the majority of it is fake to be sold on eBay. While on the site check out the opinions of the Ryan Braun baseball from this thread.

I do not need to persuade anyone about the authenticity of this baseball. I simply stated my opinion and got attacked by the original seller for voicing my opinion. I will stand by my opinion of it not being real because of the reasons I stated as well as talking about it with some fellow collectors.

Jordan Bartlett
baller0109@hotmail.com

Griffey24fan
12-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Come on..........copy and past, it's not that hard.

I don't think you can do it because it's not there.

I have already copy and pasted the link for the thread. SCN is set up for only members to be able to view the threads. $15 for a yearly subscription shouldn't break the bank. I mean it would also help you out in the future if you weren't sure about an autograph.

freddiefreeman5
12-13-2011, 03:43 PM
You can stand by your opinion all you want.

You still are a liar.

Pretty easy to copy and post the first page of the thread you keep talking about and post it here. You can also post a pic of the ball. right click save as
Its not my credibitily that is on the line here. You stated someting as fact so prove it. Paste it, I dare you.

You do a lot of talking out of your butt.

dcgreg25
12-13-2011, 03:55 PM
I have deleted multiple threads that include personal attacks from this thread. Regardless of the feelings about the authenticity of the baseball being offered for sale, perrsonal attacks will not be tolerated. Any additional posts including personal attacks will be deleted and the member will be suspended.

Griffey24fan
12-13-2011, 04:23 PM
You are not going to be able to see it unless you join. I have said that 3 times now and you continue to think it can be posted and seen without joining. The thread I have linked in an earlier post shows your baseball. If you do not want to become a member that is fine, but please do not call me a liar being you don't want to spend the $15 to see your baseball. Sure I could do a copy my screen paste it in paint then save it as a picutre for you and email it to anyone who wants to see the baseball from this thread called fake by some other members on SCN. Anyone who wants to see the printscreen view of it I will do it. Send me an email:

baller0109@hotmail.com

freddiefreeman5
12-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Thanks to a friend the email from griffey24fan shows a thread that was started YESTERDAY on SCN.
The picture is MY PICTURE THAT IS POSTED HERE.

So the magic thread he keeps talking about wasn't even started until 2 whole days after this ball was sold.

pathetic

freddiefreeman5
12-13-2011, 05:02 PM
And look how easy I posted that.

Griffey24fan
12-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Thanks for posting it for me, I couldn't quite figure it out.

As far as it being posted yesterday is irrelevant, because it did not get any OK (real) votes from anyone. I will bump it to the top to see if I can get a few more opinions regarding your Braun baseball.

freddiefreeman5
12-13-2011, 05:13 PM
It's not mine anymore and as far as I am concerned you are what I said you were.
I am just glad everyone else can now see you for what you are.

yanks12025
12-13-2011, 05:25 PM
I don't see how he lied at all??

But I guess it's the wrong thing to do in helping out other collectors telling them the item ain't good. I know I'd want to be told but I guess you'd rather not and believe that it's real. So when you go and sell it, your passing off a fake item to the next guy.

frikativ54
12-13-2011, 07:44 PM
[SIZE=3]Okay, so lets be clear, two anonymous brand new members, who are not revealing their names or e-mail address’s, are stating the auto on this ball is fake.

It doesn't matter who the people are. Just because they don't have Senior Member by their name doesn't mean they are "brand new members." Or, more importantly than that, are brand new collectors. I do know that Dylan has an extensive autograph collection, and I also know that GAI has sold many fakes. It would be great to know more about why the autograph is not legit, for those of us who don't have expertise on Braun items. I've never been a Braun collector but welcome the opportunity to be educated on this thread.

dylanharr
12-16-2011, 12:11 PM
It doesn't matter who the people are. Just because they don't have Senior Member by their name doesn't mean they are "brand new members." Or, more importantly than that, are brand new collectors. I do know that Dylan has an extensive autograph collection, and I also know that GAI has sold many fakes. It would be great to know more about why the autograph is not legit, for those of us who don't have expertise on Braun items. I've never been a Braun collector but welcome the opportunity to be educated on this thread.

Thank you.