PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best authenticator for game used football helmets?

lambertisgod58
12-08-2011, 07:39 PM
And a ballpark on how much it would cost to do so? Thanks for any help.

legaleagle92481
12-09-2011, 01:24 AM
Rob Steinmetz knows most about helmets I don't know if he authenticates though.

jetersbatboy
12-09-2011, 03:16 AM
Rob Steinmetz knows most about helmets.

Seriously???

The best authenticator of helmets on this site is Robert AKA aeneas01

joelsabi
12-09-2011, 03:29 AM

+1

I'd rather have the verbal approval of aeneas01 over any COA when it come to football helmets.

cohibasmoker
12-09-2011, 09:06 AM
Seriously???

WITHOUT A DOUBT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NONE BETTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SkubeBats
12-09-2011, 09:21 AM
"Rob Steinmentz" are you kidding or making a joke? I would go with aeneas01 he's the man when it come to game used football helmets.

legaleagle92481
12-09-2011, 09:31 AM
"Rob Steinmentz" are you kidding or making a joke? I would go with aeneas01 he's the man when it come to game used football helmets.

I thought Aenas was Rob Steinmetz oops lol. Aenas is who I meant.

otismalibu
12-09-2011, 10:16 AM

http://jordankinley.com/gif/backpedal.gif

trsent
12-09-2011, 03:27 PM

You have made 2300 posts on this forum and you don't know the difference from those two? You should really stop giving advice on topics you have no experience or expertise. Could cost an honest person money and isn't that what you are all about, protecting people's money?

earlywynnfan
12-09-2011, 04:23 PM
You have made 2300 posts on this forum and you don't know the difference from those two? You should really stop giving advice on topics you have no experience or expertise. Could cost an honest person money and isn't that what you are all about, protecting people's money?

As a wise man once said on this very forum:

"That is what the forum is all about. Everyone makes errors. Those who correct the errors are the good guys."

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

legaleagle92481
12-09-2011, 04:53 PM

I guess we all aren't as perfect as you Joel.

trsent
12-09-2011, 06:48 PM
As a wise man once said on this very forum:

"That is what the forum is all about. Everyone makes errors. Those who correct the errors are the good guys."

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Yes, but Justin has to give an opinion on everything on this forum and often he doesn't have the expirence with the disucssion just joins in on small talk and often it could cost someone in the end as many, many times I have had to bring up his advice not being proper or professional.

Justin confused Rob Steimetz and Arenas? Wow. After 2300 plus posts I think anyone should know the diffrence from those two.

I guess we all aren't as perfect as you Joel.

I'm far from perfect, but I don't get involved with game used helmets discussions when I know nothing about them.

trsent
12-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Justin, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get on your case again.

I know you mean well.

lambertisgod58
12-16-2011, 07:51 AM
I was unclear what I'm looking for. I have a helmet that I want authenticated on paper. Do these people that were suggested do that? If not, what companies should I consider using?

gingi79
12-16-2011, 07:15 PM
aeneas01 is his screen name, his first name is Robert. When he posts his information on an item, brother its above reproach. His overly detailed accounts of what is right and why includes photo references, photomatches and enough backup information and detail to make your head spin.

Sadly, I haven't seen him on the board for awhile. I would suggest looking up some of his old threads and emailing him. I have always found him to be very cordial and honest. Best of luck

lambertisgod58
12-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Thanks. Everyone I've asked turns me to him. Including Mears. Appreciate the help.

Mulligans
12-17-2011, 06:57 AM
Just an FYI....I reached out to him a few months ago. He had changed his path and was no longer available to help out in this area of expertise.:(

Good luck.

jppopma
12-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Sounds like another who got tired of people questioning the gospel (which he was for helmets)!

Even though I have never collected helmets, I always loved reading his details and stories behind them.

I'm thinking he may be another "good ol days--remember when" guys...I hope not.

ironmanfan
12-17-2011, 09:42 AM
Well, I guess you're now stuck with Rob Steinmetz

:D