PDA

View Full Version : How to Protect Yourself While Sending Items in Straight Trade

bballzs14
12-02-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm close to closing in on a deal with someone that would involve a straight trade of a few high end items. I've never worked with this person before, although he sounds like a good guy, but I want to propose the most fair way to execute the transaction so neither one of us gets hosed...

With a cash transaction, it's obviously custom for the buyer to submit payment first... In a straight trade, what's the best way for each party to protect themselves or avoid getting hosed in event that other person doesn't ship their item on time, or at all?

yankees506
12-02-2011, 03:23 PM
I usually go by the rule of shipping the same day, while there is a chance one person could be dishonest this it what i try to do. I go by a persons reputation on this site, lets say if some random person would send me an email and ask for a trade id ask them to send me the items first as i would have now way of judging their character. Or simply ask if they would be willing to send their items first, as you know you have no intentions of ripping them off.

I have also asked if both parties can send one item at a time, that way if you never get your first item you wont lose anymore. hope this helped

Scotchorama
12-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Depending on how high the value is, you could use an escrow agent. The seller would send the items by courrier or registered delivery mail, and you would release the funds once you have inspected the items.

Phil